Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are free to believe whatever you want but your opinion isn't FACT.

JMO
Correct. My opinions are always based on fact though.

If the facts tell me that a source is reputable, then I tend to lean towards the reporting being true.

I believe that CW is under “close watch protocol” because a reputable source says he is, and because it makes complete sense on its face.

This is a major crime involving multiple murder. It would be reckless not to protect this guy from self harm.

BBM
This case is unique bc we have a victim which is also a Suspect.

This is factually untrue. What we have: is a victim who has been accused by her killer.

Also untrue: “he had moved on.” - umm “moving on” is more than just having a secret affair partner or multiple hook-ups. “Moving on” would require he legally “move-on,” you know- the whole dissolution of marriage thing.

And the “who had more to lose” is a personal opinion.

MOO: Some people are co-dependents who get caught up in the “sunk cost” trap. Other people IMO, like SW, have better self-awareness. They know who “they”are. They know their self worth. They are the ones who fall 99 times and get up 100. She was better than him.

“When the going got tough”: he went outside the marriage. He lied. He cheated. (He apparently was willing to expose SW and Nico to potential STD’s). SW though, she got going, by earning more. She Networked. And she made a concerted effort to show affection to C.W.
^^^^^THIS^^^^

@MindHunter13, can you help us with this please?

MOO
@gitana1 is right—it’s days at minimum and doesn’t usually “pass” on its own. It usually requires hospitalization, medication, and therapy.

But then, temporary insanity is not a clinical term, so I’m assuming you mean he went into some acute psychotic phase.

Alright who's ready for AB live updates by me?
Is DNA on girls' BODies? WHY would PROSECUTERS want that info sealed? It's Forensic Files dark guys!

Morbid as-it-may-be what DNA evidence is there on the bodies? Why isn't COD out? Most cases don't have this long of wait...something is fishy/bizarre/weird.

DA still doesn't have autopsy reports. Coroner's office doesn't have report and no timeline when they will.

AB: The CORoner doesn't have the reports after SIX. WEEKS?

Court Order: Court not aware of anyone making a request for the COD. (Except we all want to know.) AB made CORA request wed, response was: There are numerous requests, sry we didn't get it sooner, we don't have the reports, no timetable.

AB: We have the right? To the documents? (reads request AB sent to coroner) on Sept 19. Judge not aware of any requests on Friday...oh wait they do have a huge file of requests. (do we need to repeat this again AB?)

Lisa says they want to hide from public to not taint pool and perhaps stop CW from retaining it. Prosecution hasn't given anything to Defense.

AB: It's WEIRD TO ME no one has COD or autopsy reps (yes we know)

James: I'm being devils advocate, prosecution doesn't want defense to know what they have so defense doesn't have time to refute anything (or something like that)

AB and James are fighting about COD ( was CW seen on video buying things at a hardware store?) James: I think prosecution knows exactly what happened, and are waiting for autopsy to confirm.

AB: Police don't believe CW. Answer Just-might-be preSERVED. On those little bodies. Would the finger marks be traceable? Joseph: If there is contact with porous skin, they can lift prints with superglue fuming, and they can do that on bodies. Marks probably wouldn't show hand size, just that it's adult. Friction ridges would show up. Talking about super glue process on Forensic Files clip.

Bodies would have to have been wrapped to preserve evidence.

AB: What microscopic smoking GUN, is on the necks of those little girls? Touch DNA is based on small sections of DNA because it's dead skin, and has everything to do with how long he was in contact with them. Expect to find DNA from other living in the house. Girls had a bath since they last saw SW. What would create more DNA? Would strangulation leave more DNA? (Missed some had to pee)

AB: We need to know how they died, but autopsies won't show WHY. WHY. would. he. KILL. His entire family.

Cheating, lots of affairs, Financial, Health issues/doctor bills, new house, private preschool, life insurance; New baby on the way.

Prosecution Doesn't have to prove motive. As long as they can prove that he did it, motive doesn't matter. They can speculate to remove doubt in jury.

Even in light of affairs, or if SW was controlling, still no reason to kill someone.

CW has stuff in common with other family annihilators. NEXT!

AB: CW white male, 30s, killing in August, financial difficulties, and they confess or commit suicide.

They happen in August because kids won't be missed at school. Poor sense of self, unstable ego/identity, don't have criminal record and seem fine. They never feel comfortable as husbands or men.

Family annihilators: 60% rage, 30% revenge, 10% no idea why. Overwhelmingly planned. financial probs, affairs or disappointment, lack of identity, feel like there is no other option.

One piece of evidence we haven't heard anything about...a shovel...NEXT!

Shovel: Where was it and was anyone's DNA on it? Hmmm

CW's family how have they responded? CW wouldn't talk before he saw his dad. Then told the SW story. AB: I bet they had a good convo in car when CW picked up the dad. That's it!

Last edited:
@gitana1 is right—it’s days at minimum and doesn’t usually “pass” on its own. It usually requires hospitalization, medication, and therapy.

But then, temporary insanity is not a clinical term, so I’m assuming you mean he went into some acute psychotic phase.
To your last point, do you think it is likely that CW went into an “acute psychotic phase,” based on his postoffense behavior?

Does one commonly commit a crime like this, and then act so rationally and purposefully after the fact?

And you are free to believe whatever you want but your opinion isn't FACT.

JMO
This board is where we get to express opinions, As for me, well I read as much as possible no matter what the source, and have most of my life. I don't have any blinders on as to which magazine is "click bait", which isn't. They all are, if they are on line, even Wapo, WSJ, all the biggies. That's how bills are paid in the digital age. IMO

How about disassociative fugue? People have wondered about that. What is it? How does it work? Could he conceal certain things like an affair, and know things like his name, address, identity, while in a fugue state not remembering his wife killed his kids?

What are the characteristics of someone in such a state? Do they match with how he looked and sounded and what he said during his three porch interviews!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nothing we don't already know, really.

Cheating husband who 'killed his wife and daughters' fails in bid to keep his jail visitors secret | Daily Mail Online

A judge has denied the request of an accused Colorado killer to keep the names of all his jail visitors under seal.

Chris Watts, who was reportedly having an affair at the time he allegedly killed his wife Shanann and their two daughters, Bella and Celeste, had submitted a request asking that the prosecution and members of the public not be allowed to learn who was seeing him in jail.

That request was denied however by the court on Monday.

But I was intrigued when SW’s brother asked people to pray for CWs family. I can’t read too much into it, but it was extremely generous, and I can’t believe he’d write something like that if he thought they were blaming Shanann for Bella & CeCe’s murders.

I can possibly see that. Her family is a godly and generous family from what I've seen. They stated they don't want the death penalty despite what savagery CW committed.

But it would be hard.

AB now:

They have made a CORA (official/legal) request for information regarding the autopsy results.

Coroner doesn’t have autopsy reports and no timeline yet.

Multiple organizations have asked for the same.

Correct, but as I've stated, my perception of CW doesn't fit with a family annihilator.
jmo

What does it fit with. What is your perception of CW?

People are saying they want to discuss the other points of view, so I am sincerely asking. What is your perception of CW and his state of mind on that fateful day?

Nothing we don't already know, really.

Cheating husband who 'killed his wife and daughters' fails in bid to keep his jail visitors secret | Daily Mail Online

A judge has denied the request of an accused Colorado killer to keep the names of all his jail visitors under seal.

Chris Watts, who was reportedly having an affair at the time he allegedly killed his wife Shanann and their two daughters, Bella and Celeste, had submitted a request asking that the prosecution and members of the public not be allowed to learn who was seeing him in jail.

That request was denied however by the court on Monday.

Thanks so much! I didn't know that request was denied.

He's not winning many of his motions.

"Under Close Watch Protocol, Watts spends 23 hours a day in his jail cell, where he sits in protective custody. He does not have a cellmate.

Guards must check on Watts every 10-15 minutes to ensure his well-being and must make visual contact with him. Additionally, Watts is not allowed the same privileges as other people at the jail, including no access to weights, reading material and television.".........."One hour per day, he is allowed to leave his cell; he is taken to a small room where he is allowed to shower and make phone calls to his family or to counsel. The room — known as the “hour out room” — is not occupied by any other prisoners during the time he is there. He is also not allowed any commissary privileges." Chris Watts Is Under Suicide Watch in Jail: Sources
Oh, well...so much for his footloose and fancy free bachelor swingin' party guy lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff