GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

BAC - Level Effects from Alcohol

0.13 - 0.15 BAC Very obviously drunk. Severe impairment to judgment, perception, and major motor skills. Very slow reaction time. Blurred vision, loss of balance and slurred speech. Feelings of well being starting to be replaced by anxiety and restlessness (dysphoria). Vomiting common.

At .15 BAC you are 380 times more likely to be in a fatal crash than you are sober.

0.16 - 0.19 BAC The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk." At this point, most drinkers begin to feel incapacitated. Many social drinkers will pass out. Nausea begins to set in and the drinker has difficulty focusing on any object.

The average BAC among fatally injured drivers is 0.17, which is also the average BAC nationally for persons arrested for drunk driving.

0.20 BAC Out of it. Confused. Dizzy. Requires help to stand or walk. If injured may not feel the pain. Nausea and vomiting. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely.

BAC Measurement - Breathalyzer - Alcohol Effects - BAC Level - Lifeloc

If she drank regularly, and it seems that she did, then she likely had a decent tolerance to alcohol and would not have been very impaired.

She certainly wasn't "drunk as a skunk." The legal limit is set very low, so someone with a blood-alcohol level only twice the legal limit would be only minimally impaired unless the person had no tolerance whatsoever to alcohol.

I agree - and she drank regularly. She was quite the party girl and a cheater which was the reason a divorce was being considered. She had the ability to call her husband to help her, according to him. Don't know if cell phone records were checked. Additionally, this was on the northeast side of the county. They lived on the southwestern side. Where would she have been going at 1:30 am?

But then - I look at it from the other point of view. If she was drunk as a skunk, it would have been easier to stage a crime scene. I think it's odd that none of her friends reported that they had been with her that night. Her husband said she had been to a party, but that is pretty much all we heard about that. You would think that someone would have asked a few questions.

It's possible he didn't do it. I guess what you believe is determined by how you feel about coincidences. And 2 of them in just over 6 months seems suspicious to me.
JMO

Please edit my previous post, then delete this one:

Maurices in Fairfield Illinois (not Duluth Minnesota)

Please delete my previous post.

Published on March 28 2018:

Any update yet Ik it’s been awhile
None that I've seen or heard. No one has said anything about Megan. I know they have not forgotten her, and they are probably working behind the scenes, but nothing has leaked about the investigation.

Wayne County Press, Fairfield IL - Aug 16

"We still check with the FBI periodically to ask for updates about Megan Nichols. There has not been any update in quite some time, nor any timeframe given. We do not know if that means they are at a dead end of if they are still working any leads. We will continue to check with them, however."

0.20 BAC Out of it. Confused. Dizzy. Requires help to stand or walk. If injured may not feel the pain. Nausea and vomiting. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely.

BAC Measurement - Breathalyzer - Alcohol Effects - BAC Level - Lifeloc

Alcohol tolerance though is VERY individual. And someone who has a drinking problem can tolerate a lot more than someone who doesn’t. (Not saying the wife had one, but it could explain the comment about there being things people didn’t know.)

True story. My dad was driving my mom and brother around one morning years ago—he totally seemed to be driving fine but started complaining about being a bit dizzy. Worried it was his heart, they rushed to emergency room and did a bunch of tests.

Several hours later, the doc asked my dad if he wanted my mom to leave the room while he told him what was wrong. (He didn’t.)

Though the BAC year was done several hours after all this started, it was 3 times the legal limit. The doctor had been the only one who suspected, when the other tests came back fine. For nearly 30 years, my dad regularly drank 1/5th of vodka a day while driving to and from DC and around the city for work, so God only knows how much he had that Sunday morning he got dizzy. But he never had a car accident or got a ticket in all those years.

(On a happier note, it took a couple tries, but he has been sober now for more than 12 years.)

Anyway, the point is if JM did indeed have a drinking problem, she may not have been as impaired as it sounds by her BAC (though no one, alcoholic or not, should be driving while impaired).

With more than 0.16% BAC in her system, Jennifer Murbarger drove into the backwater in subfreezing temperatures at 1:30 am on December 27, 2013. The road was flooded, but she kept driving into it... Her death was "consistent with drowning following a motor vehicle entry into cold water on a submerged road."

One of the big reasons ISP just hates us right now… | Disclosure News Online

Wayne County Press, Fairfield Illinois- Tuesday Sept 4th 2018 edition

"Officials with the FBI said they had no new information on the investigation into Megan Nichols’ disappearance and death when contacted by the Press Friday morning."

"There have been a lot of inaccurate pieces of information disseminated deliberately, however, and the official take is regarding a fire, to which Vaughan's attention was drawn when it reportedly flared up, fed by a blanket in the brush. When he went to check it out, there were what appeared to be bones in the blanket, as if the blanket had been wrapped around the bones. And it wasn't just bones... it was human remains.

Reports indicate that the remains were too decomposed to make a determination of whether it was a male or female. There was no clothing on the skeletal remains... just the blanket, which had apparently been wrapped around the body at the location.

However, that summer there were several reports of the "migrant workers" in the area attempting to pick up other young girls who fit Megan's general description (petite, young, blond, with light-colored eyes). And, many of those were residing in the west Wayne area at the time of her disappearance."

BODY FOUND IN FIELD WEST OF FAIRFIELD | Disclosure News Online

"There have been a lot of inaccurate pieces of information disseminated deliberately, however, and the official take is regarding a fire, to which Vaughan's attention was drawn when it reportedly flared up, fed by a blanket in the brush. When he went to check it out, there were what appeared to be bones in the blanket, as if the blanket had been wrapped around the bones. And it wasn't just bones... it was human remains.

Reports indicate that the remains were too decomposed to make a determination of whether it was a male or female. There was no clothing on the skeletal remains... just the blanket, which had apparently been wrapped around the body at the location.

However, that summer there were several reports of the "migrant workers" in the area attempting to pick up other young girls who fit Megan's general description (petite, young, blond, with light-colored eyes). And, many of those were residing in the west Wayne area at the time of her disappearance."

BODY FOUND IN FIELD WEST OF FAIRFIELD | Disclosure News Online

That site has a pretty clear bias regarding those "migrant workers" if you read their about page: About DISCLOSURE | Disclosure News Online

I'm still going with the, "there's a reason for everything theory." I think the bio dad knows something he doesn't want to talk about.

Indeed... That brings us back to Megan's mother, Kathy Jo Hutchcraft as the most probable murder suspect.

I'm still going with the, "there's a reason for everything theory." I think the bio dad knows something he doesn't want to talk about.

What do you think John David Jackson Nichols might know, and why?

I'm not usually the one to ask, but do you have a link that states Megan only met her father once?

No. I was told this info over the phone by Fairfield PD when I explained my pre-runaway siting of the young girl and Bio dad and his then girlfriend.

I didn't know Megan played the ukulele, beside sing... This is the first time I see her live. :(

<modsnipped against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member