Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

Executive Order 13526
Sec 1.7
"Classification Prohibitions and Limitations. (a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:
(1) conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error;
(2) prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency;
(3) restrain competition; or
(4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security."

We need to see all the files--and that includes the FBI files-- to see where this case went off the rails. We have a right to know. That is the reason for the Data Practices Act. What are they trying to hide? We the People have a right to know what our elected and unelected officials did or did not do in this case.
https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/dataprac.pdf

You're welcome to join the others and file a FOIA request. I'm sure the media will get ahold of it eventually.

What material are these jersey shirts made of anyway? It is still intact after 27 years? And why did I not see this pic before now?

Last edited:
Can't help you with the fiber content of the jersey, or just how it stayed mostly intact all of these years, but I think the main reason that picture wasn't released until now is because it's simply so heart-wrenching. Seeing his last name, his number, and seeing the condition of the shirt, it doesn't take much to realize that it makes things so real, and so visual... That he was wearing that shirt when he was abducted and molested and murdered, and here's the shirt that was there with him, buried with him, for the next 27 years.

It's one picture that I wish they hadn't released. It was awful enough to know what happened. We didn't need the visual reminder. I'm all for the subsequent release of the investigative file, but this one hurts.

Executive Order 13526
Sec 1.7
"Classification Prohibitions and Limitations. (a) In no case shall information be classified, continue to be maintained as classified, or fail to be declassified in order to:
(4) prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security."

Executive Order 13526
Sec 1.7

I agree with you you Oswald.
I like your post even if nobody else does.
All documents, files and records should be released. Nothing hidden. No secrets to be found out. Its time for the truth to come out. Its been going on far too long. Your conscience will thank you also.
New Living Translation
For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all. Luke 8:17

I apologize for constantly bringing up the APM Reports podcast, but I have to hand it to them for consistently staying on the story since Heinrich's confession. They've done an incredible job, in my opinion. Here is another update:

Why law enforcement didn't see that Danny Heinrich killed Jacob Wetterling | Missing a Murderer | APM Reports

It's a bit of a breakdown of the investigation with links to various documents included in the recently released investigative file. Nothing too enlightening, other than documents detailing the surveillance of Heinrich in the early months. They're an interesting read. And there's Duane Hart's reply to Heinrich's question as to how to get rid of a body. It's chilling.

There's also another update podcast: Law enforcement comes clean on botched Wetterling investigation | 'All of us failed' | APM Reports

It's commendable that the sheriff has come forward to have a public discussion about mistakes he felt were made in handling this case. His analysis should be read by law enforcement agencies everywhere. Simple things make a difference in murder and abduction cases - things like questioning and searching everyone around as soon as possible. I still don't understand why they didn't have the witnesses to Jacob's abduction view Heinrich in the line up.

Yes, they also need to make the case files public, as much as possible. Lack of transparency and public access is so harmful to communities and law enforcement. How else can the public trust their officials if they don't know what they're doing?

The only two I've come across are available in this In The Dark update, Jacob's shirt and the lineup including Henrich:

Law enforcement comes clean on botched Wetterling investigation | 'All of us failed' | APM Reports

There are some crazy details forthcoming about the investigation, like the tip from a kid in Painesville 48 hours after Jacob's abduction, and Heinrich asking Hart *the same month as Jacob disappearing* how to get rid of a body.
Such heartbreaking story,buried all them years,and now he's back with his family,RIP Jacob x

You know whats kinda of eerie.. If you look at Google Earth and go to the property Jacob's remains were found at, you will see its the EXACT date of the Google Earth image. In fact you can see the authorities vehicles on the tree line, the exact three that are shown in the case files.

ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Nearly 30 years after he was abducted and assaulted near his Cold Spring home, Jared Scheierl finally got his day in court.

His journey to justice has all along run parallel to that of the Jacob Wetterling family, after both boys were abducted back in 1989. In 2016, Danny Heinrich confirmed the connection by confessing to abducting and assaulting Jared, and abducting, assaulting and murdering Jacob nine months later.

Cold Spring victim finally gets day in court against Danny Heinrich

29 years ago on this day (in just about 1 1/2 hours from now) Jacob Wetterling was taken away from his loved ones forever by a weak, despicable man. While things have (naturally) quieted down dramatically on this forum in the past year or so, I know most of us will never forget this boy, what he had to endure, and the journey that followed his abduction. He is home now, and we will always remember him. RIP Jake

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back