Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I wouldnt do kayaking in the fjord there, but I am not kayaking at all.. Seems much nicer in the pictures I have seen out in the archipilago north of Bodø than in the fjord.. Nowhere really to take a pause but private places.. So maybe the friend had right that he wanted to take a selfie close to the radarstation and as it is not easy to go there without at car so he choose the kayak to get there?

If his friend says he is into taking selfies in front of cyber buildings, then of course this is an option.
Would he go by kayak? IMHO he could afford a taxi. (Even in Norway!)

Also, I took a look at his twitterfeed, and there is no selfie to been seen. A few good portraits, made by someone else. But no selfies. Isn't 47 a bit old for selfies?

This looks indeed hopefull.. This cannot be an coincedence, right?

Dn5RbgXXoAA3zK0.jpg:large
Tarjei Abelsen on Twitter

If his friend says he is into taking selfies in front of cyber buildings, then of course this is an option.
Would he go by kayak? IMHO he could afford a taxi. (Even in Norway!)

Also, I took a look at his twitterfeed, and there is no selfie to been seen. A few good portraits, made by someone else. But no selfies. Isn't 47 a bit old for selfies?

That there are no public selfies to be found on the internet doesnt say anything
And I didnt know that making selfies had an age limit ,there is something like a selfie stick and that could also be used for the pictures Arjen has on his twitter account

Last edited:
So Arjens phone was on for 20 minutes along a route that would normally take 75 minutes by car? (Is that correct?)

This is my speculation: he/it was travelling by helicopter...

What's more, Brastein is near the airport.

So Arjens phone was on for 20 minutes along a route that would normally take 75 minutes by car? (Is that correct?)

Nye mobilspor i Kamphuis-mysteriet

images

ÅSTED NORGE (TV 2): The police can tonight tell Åsted Norway that a mobile phone that connects with the 46-year-old sent signals to three different base stations in Rogaland. All along E39.
Åsted Norway can now publish more new information in the mysterious disappearance case. The signals from Arjen Kamphuis's telephone were captured by a total of three base stations in the Rogaland area on 30 August. These are the base stations Ualand, Vikeså and Bråstein.
The police tell Åsted Norway that the phone was turned on for about twenty minutes, before there was then placed in a German SIM card in the mobile phone.

The police assume that the phone has been in motion, but wishes Åsted Norway not to rule out the possibility that the phone may also have switched to different base stations without it being in motion.

BBM

Nothing is said about the direction of the movement, or the sequence in which the phone connected to the towers.

The police only tells that the phones connected to three different base stations and it may even have been stationary.

Then someone notes that: Common to all base stations is that they are located along the E39. If you drive this route from Bråstein, through Vikeså, and stop at Ualand, it will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes to arrive. Now I wonder: did the police say that? (IMHO they did not) or is someone else connecting some dots as an example? (IMHO this is the case.)

The phone may have been in a helicopter, or with the unidentified lookalike of Arjen who was allegedly seen hiking in the area.

My idea was that it might have been a moving FLIX bus, direction unknown, but they have no service in that area of Norway, only one short line with a few stops from the south border up to Oslo.

@ZaZara: not exactly someone as in "anyone".

It is Asted Norge (tv2) that says so:
Felles for alle basestasjonene, er at de ligger langs E39. Om man kjører denne ruta fra Bråstein, gjennom Vikeså, og stopper ved Ualand, vil det ta rundt 1 time og 15 minutter å komme frem.

quote: (Then someone notes that: Common to all base stations is that they are located along the E39. If you drive this route from Bråstein, through Vikeså, and stop at Ualand, it will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes to arrive. Now I wonder: did the police say that? (IMHO they did not) or is someone else connecting some dots as an example? (IMHO this is the case.)

But yes, the police do not exclude the phone was stationery ...
Until further notice perhaps!

No sorry maybe @Lorrie can find out but I would certainly check both ,Norway police & the Dutch police and phone them instead of mailing..
Bjarte Walla, Assistant Chief of Police. Please contact us on the press number (+47) 489 93 770 in order to make an appointment for speaking to Mr. Walla. Fauske policestation:
Telefon (+47) 75 58 90 00 E-post post.nordland@politiet.no

Nye mobilspor i Kamphuis-mysteriet

images

ÅSTED NORGE (TV 2): The police can tonight tell Åsted Norway that a mobile phone that connects with the 46-year-old sent signals to three different base stations in Rogaland. All along E39.
Åsted Norway can now publish more new information in the mysterious disappearance case. The signals from Arjen Kamphuis's telephone were captured by a total of three base stations in the Rogaland area on 30 August. These are the base stations Ualand, Vikeså and Bråstein.
The police tell Åsted Norway that the phone was turned on for about twenty minutes, before there was then placed in a German SIM card in the mobile phone.

The police assume that the phone has been in motion, but wishes Åsted Norway not to rule out the possibility that the phone may also have switched to different base stations without it being in motion.

BBM

Nothing is said about the direction of the movement, or the sequence in which the phone connected to the towers.

The police only tells that the phones connected to three different base stations and it may even have been stationary.

Then someone notes that: Common to all base stations is that they are located along the E39. If you drive this route from Bråstein, through Vikeså, and stop at Ualand, it will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes to arrive. Now I wonder: did the police say that? (IMHO they did not) or is someone else connecting some dots as an example? (IMHO this is the case.)

The phone may have been in a helicopter, or with the unidentified lookalike of Arjen who was allegedly seen hiking in the area.

My idea was that it might have been a moving FLIX bus, direction unknown, but they have no service in that area of Norway, only one short line with a few stops from the south border up to Oslo.

If the phone was turned on just before it reached the area for 2nd basestation, and off just after reaching nr.3 the timing with car Bråstein - Ualand will be less than a Google estimation by car through all of them. E39 goes to Kristiansand and then by ferry to Denmark, Germany, etc.

Last edited:

sorry I cant but picture is from the spy station in Fauske (its well known). In 2005 the "defense" station Fauske was exposed to actions by Swedish and Finnish peace activists. They protest against what they refer to as a US-funded spy station and fear the Fauske radar is intended to be a part of a US missile defense. In 1999 and 2000, the US National Security Agency (NSA) granted a larger amount of money to rebuild the Vetan radar facility. As it stands today, it is called Fauske II and is operated as part of the Norwegian Intelligence Service's bases. The formal name is Forsvarets stasjon Fauske (FSTF).Aksjonerer mot Fauske-radaren https://www.nordlys.no/denne-radare...-usas-etterretning-mot-russerne/s/5-34-289941

@Cave, if you are that man, and I suppose you are, GREAT MAPS! please post the amazing maps by Tarjei and Caveman full size here too!

I pinched these from twitter, thank you twitter! All info available in one map per area. you guys rock.

This is a screenshot of one map, part of it. I can upload the entire cluster to WS, but it does not show. Only as red X. But believe me, it is amazing.

mapfind.jpg

20911f6ca1_merge_from_ofoct.jpg

20911f6ca1_merge_from_ofoct.jpg

Last edited:
That map by Tarjei and Caveman is great!

One question: the paddle was found on Sept. 1st? According to Rolien Creton / NOS it was found on Sept. 17th?

"200m verderop werd gisteren de bijbehorende peddel gevonden."

Bjarte Walla, Assistant Chief of Police. Please contact us on the press number (+47) 489 93 770 in order to make an appointment for speaking to Mr. Walla. Fauske policestation:
Telefon (+47) 75 58 90 00 E-post post.nordland@politiet.no
Thank you @eeqaz couldnt find it yesterday
I do hope that family or friends make that call to rule it out,the missing luggage,if found or unclaimed....

Note: it is not being said that the phone indeed was moving.
See my post with the basic explanation about 'phones handing off' from one cell tower to another.

If the police states that currently they are not able to confirm that the phone was 'moving' this would likely mean that police has seen from the technical phone data that the signal strength did not varied or only varied little, but handoff point was reached.

f99cd8e5f460f5119e3851380e9bd71f.jpg

Cave

seems like the kind of thing I would plan to do before missing my train and getting stuck at the train station. would 2 hours be enough time to paddle out to this radarstation, take a selfie, and then paddle back?

No. likely not. Going north from Rognan at 21.59 you would benefit from the tide being in your favor (direction north), but it would take until next morning untiel you would benefit from tidal movement (and you would have to row against the tide for the scenario you are describing.

See below.

7be431a89f_Tides_V20.png

@Cave - if it is you who made this map - he did not stay at Scandic Havet but Scandic Bodø...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998