Americans need to stop washing and reusing condoms, CDC warns - 2 Aug 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
The Centres [sic] for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a warning to sexually-active Americans to stop washing and reusing condoms - because, unbelievably, “people do it.”

In a tweet linking to condom and STD facts and statistics, the health agency wrote: “We say it because people do it: Don’t wash or reuse condoms.

“Use a fresh one for each sex act,” the CDC advised.

Americans need to stop washing and reusing condoms, CDC warns

'We say it because people do it': CDC urges Americans to stop WASHING CONDOMS to re-use them

The Centers [sic again] for Disease Control and Prevention has a message for sexually active Americans: 'Don't wash or reuse condoms,' the agency tweeted this week.

Most Americans (72 percent) are having sex, and about one in every four are using condoms - but, apparently, we aren't all doing it right.

'We say it, because people do it,' the CDC said.

In fact, research has found that as many as three percent of people have tried to reuse condoms, and half us have put a condom on too late or removed it too soon.

CDC urges Americans to stop re-using condoms by turning them inside out or washing them | Daily Mail Online

Good job these articles weren't published on 1st April since I doubt anyone would have believed them.

I had never even considered that this is something people would do, but I guess we've all seen those warning labels on all kinds of products that we know are there because enough people are idiots that it has become necessary...

I had never even considered that this is something people would do, but I guess we've all seen those warning labels on all kinds of products that we know are there because enough people are idiots that it has become necessary...

Before condoms were made from latex and became single use, they were made from sheep gut and were reusable - at least they were in the Victorian era. I learned this by reading The Worm in the Bud (coff :D) at the age of 11.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Worm-Bud-V...533312354&sr=8-3&keywords=the+worm+in+the+bud

I recently learned some people use crisp packets as contraception. You can get contraception from dollar/pound stores or free from clinics if your too cheap or can’t be bothered then you deserve the stds etc.

I'm sure you read that book for educational reasons only:rolleyes:.....:p
(Think I better leave this thread now....;))

Er, yes. It was a serious history book rather than being remotely salacious.

As I was only 11 I wasn't allowed to take the book out but was allowed (by the librarians) to sit and read it in the library.

Several times :)

Hah, I have so much respect for you, but in this case I don't believe you....
You're just naughty, and that's it.:p:p

ETA Couldn't resist to reply one more time, bizarre news just tempt me too much...

Last edited:
Surely the crumbs would get into painful places??
The crinkling would be awfully distracting and the folds would be sharp? Are crisp packets made of something different outside the US? I can't imagine. A candy bar wrapper would be better wouldn't it? I mean none after good, but...?

Yuck.
There are also programs through which one can get a free vasectomy if they qualify. (Mr flourish got in on that yay!!)

The crinkling would be awfully distracting and the folds would be sharp? Are crisp packets made of something different outside the US? I can't imagine. A candy bar wrapper would be better wouldn't it? I mean none after good, but...?

Yuck.
There are also programs through which one can get a free vasectomy if they qualify. (Mr flourish got in on that yay!!)

No they are made from foil over here too. It must be teenagers as no adult would use a crisp packet surely?

No they are made from foil over here too. It must be teenagers as no adult would use a crisp packet surely?
Gross. Probably teenagers, but, and I know this is so wrong, honestly when I was a teenager I would have opted for no protection over a crisp packet! (thank goodness I never got pregnant or a disease and this makes me sound more "active" than I really was!)

Failure to clearly market product as REFURBISHED would violate truth in advertising legislation~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhughes0
Back