Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christine Sperow WBTV‏Verified account @ChristineOnTV
Christine Sperow WBTV Retweeted FBI Charlotte

'FBI sending important message about search for 6 year old. As of this morning, Maddox Ritch is still missing. New update on @WBTV_News starting at 4:30am.'

Christine Sperow WBTV on Twitter

Important message:

FBI Charlotte‏Verified account @FBICharlotte
'Do not spread rumors on social media about the search for Maddox Ritch. Information is being released by our official channels. Don't be responsible for redirecting our efforts away from where they need to be.... we should all unite to #FindMaddox.'

FBI Charlotte on Twitter

Not one trace of this child yet. I have had to refrain from posting as to avoid violating terms. A lot of screenshots and comments on Facebook are revealing and as close to a statement from family that has been seen so far. I cant imagine how this childs mother is feeling. my 4 year old son woke up an hour ago crying because I had forgotten to plug back in his night light. Maddox, I hope you are out there waiting on them to find you although, without a doubt you are terrified.

WBTV News

I'm trying to work my way through this thread. My initial thought was a missing child in proximity of water...

But I have to agree with what yrmfp has posted, especially after a little browse on that link.

I don't suppose by the time I'm caught on up the thread I'll find that Maddox's dad has had any media interviews, but I would definitely like to see/hear something from him in case there is an abductor who took advantage of a wandering child who'd lost his daddy as opposed to the water outcome.

I Googled Rankin Lake Park and was able to see many photos. It's a pretty park and most of it is open area. I don't know what the back of the lake area where Maddox ran off looks like though. Maybe denser foliage?

I also read a couple review sites and one person commented that it's a nice place to stroll, not a lot of noise but on the weekends there are too many people out to take a leisurely walk. So hopefully by now LE has found people who saw Maddox that day.

Also, Saturday was Community Day for Pokemon Go players. What that means is starting at 2 pm ET there were probably a ton of players at the park. Usually people show up early so there should have been players in the vicinity around the time Maddox ran off.

I'm not joking - I was in San Diego's Balboa Park for it and nearly everyone holding a phone was playing. And not just kids. Parks are desirable places for these events.

I've been checking the Gastonia PD FB but no updates.

Maybe Maddox’ father was there to play Pokémon Go and he was busy looking at his phone to notice that Maddox had wandered off? JMO

Last edited:
Mark Barber‏Verified account @MBarberWSOC9

'Tactics and tools crews are using to search for Maddox: -They’re playing a voice recording from his parents to try to draw him out -Teams are equipped with sonar and infrared tech -Crews are capturing surveillance video and car tags -Dumpsters are being searched by hand @wsoctv'

Dn71mCYXcAA5iG8.jpg

Mark Barber on Twitter

Mark Barber‏Verified account @MBarberWSOC9

'The community is banding together as the search for Maddox Ritch drags on. Some neighbors have brought food for search crews. The Greater Gaston Baptist Association is asking the 115 churches in its association to pray Maddox will be found safe. @wsoctv'

Dn750HCXcAA7DTu.jpg Dn750HCWsAEV9PC.jpg

Mark Barber on Twitter

Maybe Maddox’ father was there to play Pokémon Go and he was busy looking at his phone to notice that Maddox had wandered off? JMO
Along those lines, is it possible that Maddox himself was playing Pokemon Go and wandered off the path searching for Pokemon? I suppose they would have tracked the device he was using if that was the case, though...

I fear that the adults present went to a secluded place, then stepped away from Maddox to engage in their own interests, and when their attention turned back to him he had been gone for more than a few minutes. That might be why the woman saw him alone. My knowledge of children won't let me accept that he ran ahead and they couldn't catch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer