AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But could somebody that we haven't seen yet or can't yet identify (Car 3 comes to mind) be related to Old Mobile?

If people have had no problem defaming DW and accusing him of murder, why wouldn't they name the person they believe behind this? That's where I'm stuck.

Or does the family just think some amorphous "rich person" did this because that's just what rich people do in their free time, carjack bartenders?

Le won’t reveal if her credit cards were used after her disappearance ?
This issue of debit and credit cards has been a bit confusing. First we heard she dealt with only cash and then we heard that she banked using her phone and then we heard there might be a debit or credit card. We do know cash was found at her apartment. I think this question of debit and credit cards needs to be kicked back to the VI as I'm confused. I find it hard to believe there isn't at least a debit card of some kind present here. Maybe the reloadable kind of debit card or a prepaid Visa card. Just one of the many topics that has alot of loose ends. So far as I recall MPD has not said anything about any kind of card DNV might have had being used post disappearance.

Also, if someone can find a link to the 30 min full press conference by the Chief of Police please please post. All evidence of it seems to have vanished and I have spent hours looking for it online. Thanks in advance!

If people have had no problem defaming DW and accusing him of murder, why wouldn't they name the person they believe behind this? That's where I'm stuck.

Or does the family just think some amorphous "rich person" did this because that's just what rich people do in their free time, carjack bartenders?
I think it could just be a total red herring as nothing we've seen suggests Old Mobile. That being said we don't know DNV relationship from last year person and we don't know name of adopted baby father. We also don't know if DNV did have cause to interact with these people via her job or partying in town. We just don't know as we haven't heard from her friends. Bars can create an environment where people mix it up and so possibly friendships or relationships developed over time. IDK. I wish her friends could speak to this issue as it would make her seem more alive to us IMO.

The only reason MPD have not made an arrest is they do not have the evidence they need. This is something typical MPD does, they want to make sure when they charge someone that they have ALL of the evidence they can to justify that charge. This is why you rarely, if ever see someone wrongly charged or charged and found innocent in Mobile.

Yes, I agree completely. Even if MPD think they know who and why, they need evidence. They need to find Danniella and her car. The defense would be that she drove off willingly and there's no evidence of a crime.

I go back to Kiera Bergman because everyone "knew" who did it, but he was not charged with murder until the day they found Kiera's body. The arrest affidavit was stunning: they had so much digital circumstantial evidence but they did not arrest the person until they found her and eliminated the "she left willingly" defense.

I don't think this is related, but it's 1 hr 44 min from Mobile:

Authorities investigating body found in river in Covington County

It's really not that far and I think the majority of that drive is pretty rural. Although, I can't remember. It's been a while since I've been. I also haven't seen any updates on the Ft. Morgan body found either. The report stated they administered CPR, but also said it appeared the body had been in the water a long time. Those statements seem conflicting.

I have a couple of questions for the VI (I'm a couple of pages behind so apologies if they have been addressed)

1. Are RC and/or MK friends with TT as well?
2. You stated that you only DW was at the gas station, not RC or MK - how do you know this if we don't know the ID of car 3?
3. How do you know they were never at ollies?
4. You stated DW did not file missing report. I thought, and maybe I am wrong, that you had said previously DW and JDT went to station together and BOTH filed reports
5. Also if the plan was to head to ollie's, why did RC and MK suddenly change their minds?

TIA

1. From what I’ve been told, no; they were friends of DNVs.
2. I was told RC said that he and MK were not; I’ve not spoken to RC or MK, though.
3. This is what I’ve been told about their statements to LE. I have not spoken with them personally.
4. My understanding is that DW met JDT to give her DNVs phone at MPD at the time that JDT went to file the report. I have not been told that DW filed one, as well.
5. I don’t know the answer to this.

This issue of debit and credit cards has been a bit confusing. First we heard she dealt with only cash and then we heard that she banked using her phone and then we heard there might be a debit or credit card. We do know cash was found at her apartment. I think this question of debit and credit cards needs to be kicked back to the VI as I'm confused. I find it hard to believe there isn't at least a debit card of some kind present here. Maybe the reloadable kind of debit card or a prepaid Visa card. Just one of the many topics that has alot of loose ends. So far as I recall MPD has not said anything about any kind of card DNV might have had being used post disappearance.

Also, if someone can find a link to the 30 min full press conference by the Chief of Police please please post. All evidence of it seems to have vanished and I have spent hours looking for it online. Thanks in advance!

I’ve not heard about credit/debit cards. I, too, have only heard about her using cash. Where is the credit/debit card info coming from (out of curiosity since I’ve, admittedly, not been in the FB groups or MPDs DNV website today)?

It's really not that far and I think the majority of that drive is pretty rural. Although, I can't remember. It's been a while since I've been. I also haven't seen any updates on the Ft. Morgan body found either. The report stated they administered CPR, but also said it appeared the body had been in the water a long time. Those statements seem conflicting.
Yes, with this latest body we have seen 5 bodies of females found since this case first started (4 bodies and 1 skull) with no ID.

I’ve not heard about credit/debit cards. I, too, have only heard about her using cash. Where is the credit/debit card info coming from (out of curiosity since I’ve, admittedly, not been in the FB groups or MPDs DNV website today)?
All info various JDT statements. Very confusing IMO. Any clarification would help.

1. From what I’ve been told, no; they were friends of DNVs.
2. I was told RC said that he and MK were not; I’ve not spoken to RC or MK, though.
3. This is what I’ve been told about their statements to LE. I have not spoken with them personally.
4. My understanding is that DW met JDT to give her DNVs phone at MPD at the time that JDT went to file the report. I have not been told that DW filed one, as well.
5. I don’t know the answer to this.
Thank you for this. Were you ever able to get confirmation on the entire MK and RC not at Ollies while JDT screenshoted convos clearly indicate MK and RC at Ollie? Why the reason for the changed story BTW?

The birth/adoption was more recent than 6 months ago. I have not explained anything pertaining to that because it, truly, is not relevant (that is from LE).

Closed Facebook groups are done for cases because they provide a less public forum which makes people more comfortable with coming forward. I know y’all will doubt that, and that’s fine, but I admin (and have Admin-ed) numerous groups and have found that to be the case. There is also typically a Facebook Messenger chat for the admins and/or admins & family to discuss the behind the scenes things.

I tried to join this private, less public group and was denied. IF I had info to share, I don't, but IF I did, I wouldn't be able to share it there, since I am denied from joining the group. I would HOPE anyone with info would submit the info to police, but what if they are too scared to and feel more comfortable doing it on facebook? Well, they will probably be denied from joining the group like I was. I don't have any info, but would like to help. I don't understand how denying people who want to help find Daniella helps find Daniella? Isn't that counter productive?

I tried to join this private, less public group and was denied. IF I had info to share, I don't, but IF I did, I wouldn't be able to share it there, since I am denied from joining the group. I would HOPE anyone with info would submit the info to police, but what if they are too scared to and feel more comfortable doing it on facebook? Well, they will probably be denied from joining the group like I was. I don't have any info, but would like to help. I don't understand how denying people who want to help find Daniella helps find Daniella? Isn't that counter productive?
You are absolutely correct! Glad to have you here as we need all the help we can get.

To answer your question of how people can help the case without going to the police directly I am trying to get clarification on the involvement of CrimeStoppers of SW Alabama in this case as I was given to understand that they provided the initial $2000 reward money. From what I have seen each of the CrimeStoppers groups in the US operates slightly differently and are staffed by trained volunteers. Maybe the local Mobile group is too small to man a tip line and that is why MPD seems to be taking on that role. IDK but once I get more info I will post it here. But right now if people have tips then just call the number listed by MPD.

CrimeStoppers is the perfect was for people that might be scared or not want to work with the police to help the case as everything they do is totally anonymous and you get a number for your tip and if your tip pans out according to the rules of the reward (every reward is slightly different so you need to know the rules which is why I am looking for the Chief of Police full press conference as he clearly explains the tip reward rules). Go to the crimestoppers website and check them out (CrimeStoppers of SW Alabama is on FB so far as I can see). CrimeStoppers have helped in so many other cases all over the US and they figured prominently in the recent Mollie Tibbets case.

Agree. Does anyone see any evidence YET of the stamp of Old Mobile on this case? Could it be the father of DNV baby that was just given up for adoption or perhaps the people in Car 3? Does DNV have any friends that are part of Old Mobile or does she function within a different group of people all together? All this is relevant to understanding DNV and the environment in which she lived.

DWs friend list seem to have had its privacy settings changed in the last couple of days. But from what I can tell or remember none stood out as being "Old Money". Same for DNV. I would have to say her circle seems to be of an entire different group. As DW. He does not live in the area "old money" people GENERALLY live either.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you @ellieuma . There is a lot of truth in your statement. I myself nor any of my family that have lived in Mobile as far back as anyone living can remember were ever a part of the "old money/Springhill" crowd. I just have never heard of anything nefarious or dark being associated with it. But you may know of somethings I don't. Yeah they have certain advantages and privileges than people with less money but that that goes for a lot of places. Mobile is called "the city of perpetual potential". There was not a lot of support for "outside big money" to come in but seems like things are changing, finally.

Maybe DW is from "old money" just not "Old Mobile Money". Maybe just as the "Party Train" term was started the "Old Money" term was started. Maybe someone just assumed because of his job "he has money". Maybe....

The other thing about FB groups from personal experience is that you NEVER fully know who is behind them and what exactly they are doing with information shared on their pages or if the information might be used for purposes other than finding the victim. I personally find this lack of transparency very scary and potentially frightening. FB pages really have few rules, limited structure and arbitrary policies that are inconsistently imposed IMO. So, to me the FB route if you are serious about working a case doesn't make the most sense. WS has rules which are policed, scroll and roll guideline and common courtesy is required which makes a safe place for discussion. People disagree here all the time and nobody is kicked out for that like happens in FB groups all the time with no explanation. So glad to have you here and my suggestion is to jump in, ask questions, question what you read always, post ideas or thoughts about the case as you never know where an idea might lead the group.

If it's DW, then this whole thing had to have been an elaborate set up. DW arranged to have someone meet him at the Shell Station to attack DNV. DNV left Dublin's following DW, and he turned off into the Shell Station. There was no "flashing lights". DW tells DNV to wait at the Shell Station and he leaves to go back to Dublin's to pick up the phone he took out of purse to leave there to give him an alibi. He waits 20 minutes at Dublin's and then goes to Ollies, where he is seen by MK at midnight.

If he was seen at Dublin's and Ollie's, which LE would have confirmed by now, then he did not have time to be Car 3 and dump both her and the car before showing up at Dublin's.

If this is true then it's a murder for hire plot and it's just a coincidence that it's the same day DNV got her new car.

Still- why not leave her body at the Shell station and stage it as a carjacking? Particularly if these are professional hired criminals?

But what if it didn't occur to him to perpetrate a crime until they were at the Shell? He realizes she doesn't have her phone, its dark and he can disable her gps while helping her look for the phone, then later somewhere else, something happens.
LE know whether this is a possibility based on Danni's phone data, I speculate.

This sounds like some satanic chant that you make over a Ouija board!!!

That site is using forensic astrology. It takes the date of someone's birth and their disappearance to forecast where they may have died or are laid to rest. There is a forum for it here:
Forensic Astrology Forum

... The comment 'not relevent' in my mind is right up there with '100% unrelated' following the JCD search and arrest and does little to nothing to explore the issues we talk about all the time on WS when we try to get to know victims.

My guess is the father is not relevant or has been cleared (taking LE word for it via our VI) everything else about it certainly is relevant IMO as it involves her mental state.

do we know for a fact (as I believe JDT stated) that DNV planned NOT to go in for work the next day (after she got her car) ?

She had taken that night off. I do not remember it being said she had the following day off (which makes sense as her coworkers were concerned when she didn't show up)

DWs friend list seem to have had its privacy settings changed in the last couple of days. But from what I can tell or remember none stood out as being "Old Money". Same for DNV. I would have to say her circle seems to be of an entire different group. As DW. He does not live in the area "old money" people GENERALLY live either.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you @ellieuma . There is a lot of truth in your statement. I myself nor any of my family that have lived in Mobile as far back as anyone living can remember were ever a part of the "old money/Springhill" crowd. I just have never heard of anything nefarious or dark being associated with it. But you may know of somethings I don't. Yeah they have certain advantages and privileges than people with less money but that that goes for a lot of places. Mobile is called "the city of perpetual potential". There was not a lot of support for "outside big money" to come in but seems like things are changing, finally.

Maybe DW is from "old money" just not "Old Mobile Money". Maybe just as the "Party Train" term was started the "Old Money" term was started. Maybe someone just assumed because of his job "he has money". Maybe....
I agree completely with the idea that assumptions were made about DW due to his job (middle manager job) and that he had money (salary) and the role on the Advisory Board of USA. I had seen the DW friends list prior to it being closed and I agree with your assessment as to his friends. Money generally is viewed in a relative way so that to someone that didn't have much money DW definately did have money but did he have Old money anywhere? We don't know exactly so if anyone knows if he has Old Money Anywhere connections by all means chime in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans