Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I want my baby back in my arms.”

For the first time, Maddox Ritch’s mother makes a brief statement, begging the community to come forward with information that can help find her son. #FindMaddox @wsoctv

DaShawn Brown on Twitter

*video at link

Father 'Heartbroken' as Search Continues for Son, 6, with Autism Who Vanished from Park

"Carrie did not immediately respond to a request for comment from PEOPLE. City officials confirm to PEOPLE that she and Ian are cooperating with police in the investigation."

First time that I have ever seen the FBI make such a statement. Does anyone remember if this has ever been said before in a missing child's case?

This statement seems so strange, maybe for a small town sheriff who knows the family, etc.. but it’s a very bold, obscure statement for the feds to make. Since when do we care about the families privacy when a 6 y/o extra vulnerable boy is missing? Why wouldn’t the parents be chatting with every news station around?
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it a little strange that the everyone is so demanding and protective over stuff in this case. Usually, if questions are asked to a parent or speaker, an official will step in a remind the media that questions aren't allowed. I haven't ever seen a case where officials threaten to end a conference if questions are asked.

I find it a little strange that the everyone is so demanding and protective over stuff in this case. Usually, if questions are asked to a parent or speaker, an official will step in a remind the media that questions aren't allowed. I haven't ever seen a case where officials threaten to end a conference if questions are asked.
Maybe the parents spoke upon condition that they would not be attacked by media or be subjected to unpleasant questions that might point a finger in their direction.

Autism often runs in families, certainly does in mine. IMO they are protecting a parent who might be on the spectrum from upsetting questions from the reporters.

I did find the amount of time/effort spent discussing the social media rumor mill to be a bit odd. Rumors and false information spreads like wildfire in most cases it seems.
He mentioned how it's most terrible for parents reading it but also bad because searches then stop because the searchers think things have changed...why would first responders/searchers/LE stop based on social media rumors? Why would they even be looking on their phones at social media if they are supposed to be searching? I didn't understand that part at all.

I’m not nearly as well versed on past MP cases as some of you all are. Has there ever been a person missing, a vulnerable child especially, that the family/parents were granted what seems like complete anonymity? I would assume not many parents in this position would want to stay low key.. Could it be that the dad is under some suspicion of knowingly handing Maddox over to someone? In that case maybe his identity is being kept quiet as to not tip off the persons whom have him. I guess it kinda sorta would explain the FBI and the mom needing support services so she doesn’t find the dad and take a bat to him or something.
Sorry you’ve been dealt a rough hand, Maddox. I hope you’re okay cute little fella.

NEW: An important thing from that press conference to me was that the #FBI said they have corroborating evidence that Maddox was in the park Saturday. #Maddox #WBTV

WBTV Ben Williamson on Twitter

Bbm
BBM

Has the person with the dad been interviewed ?

Or maybe provided some photos/video of the three of them at the park ?
Or sec. cams. (which would be better evidence; imo.) ?

I am not able to watch any videos. Did they say what evidence they have that he was actually in the park that day? I mean...is it just from witness statements or actual video? Because I would honestly take a witness statement with a grain of salt and wouldn't consider it concrete evidence at all. Just my opinion, of course.

In missing child cases, a lot of us tend to give a side-eye to the parents. But I know that sometimes there is nothing sinister that happened because accidents can easily occur. And if that's what happened here, then I can see why LE is trying to protect them. The public can be brutal. If they have photo or video evidence of him in the park that day....I wish they'd release it. Because maybe people would back off the parents. But...maybe they don't have anything like that. I don't know.

(Side note - I really glad I take 1000 pictures and videos of my kid every day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member