AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone start a public Facebook page or do you have to be family of the missing person?
Anyone can start a page or group on facebook. The advantage to a page that gets “liked” as opposed to a group people join, is the creator of the page posts as the page and crazies from the other groups can’t ID you lol

Last edited:
My mind keeps churning... piggybacking off of what someone said earlier today about how LE/MPD typically handles investigations and them usually always staying tight lipped about key details until they have enough evidence... I think there is a great possibility that they have things narrowed down but without DNV and her car all that person would have to say is that she told them she was getting far away from here and was not going to look back. This would have to be proven not what happened. And that would have to be a lot more than someone’s opinion of what she would or would not do in a court of law.This footage of her in a more populated place could be somewhere we aren’t even aware she was planning on going with someone we aren’t aware that she was also with. Because all we have to base a lot off of is what DW supposedly said to JDT or what she understood him to say. I think that’s where the confusion is coming from. Things quickly get misinterpreted (take the whole Party Train... Old Mobile into consideration) it’s like the game of telephone. It starts out being one thing and ends up being something completely different. LE have never given a number of how many people were last known with her, right? They have only reported that she was following a friend and realized her phone was missing.

Another thing... If she was scheduled to work Tuesday night at Ollie’s but called off to celebrate why would she go there... unless it’s more like she asked someone to cover her shift so she could celebrate. All that I think we can say we know for certain is that she was suppose to meet DW back at Dublin’s for her phone and she didn’t show. The rest is he say/she say...confusing and seems to change almost as often as the weather around here.

Let's assume the worst about DNV. Like many 24 year olds, she likes drinking and is alleged to have used drugs in the past. She just got a car and decided to go bar hopping with bartender friends. She doesn't show up at 11:45 at Dublin's to get her phone and no one has heard from her. A random drinking buddy calls you at 7:30am to say she was driving and never made it to the bar.

What do you think and do? I would think she was likely driving under the influence and may have gotten in a car accident. I would immediately start calling hospitals and jails and go pick up her phone from her drinking buddy while calling as many friends as I could.

Knowing she was last seen drinking (an unknown amount) and driving, I would not wait 3 days to investigate. I would not think runaway or crime, I would think accident.

Can anyone start a public Facebook page or do you have to be family of the missing person?

Yes, and some organizations do run pages for families. I think the person who ran the page though would have some responsibility (IMO) to report any tips or odd comments to LE. I am not sure an unrelated person who wasn't a friend of the missing person would want to be that involved.

It is a good idea for a 501(c)(3) organization that maybe could partner with one of the well-known and trusted organizations. They could set up FB pages to release verified news and fliers and report information to designated contacts at the PD. If it was done in a systematic way families without the type of LE and media connections we sometimes see would have a very clear blueprint to follow in how to handle the page and some professional help.

This is posted on the police blog:

"I purchased a car from Pearl Motors and they placed a GPS tracker on it. Most buy here pay here dealerships do that. I hope this helps."

I guess that means that Danni paid extra for the GPS tracker.

Some people run fb case groups because they like to discuss cases like we do and that’s their preferred forum
Personally I find the acrimony from group 2 towards MIL group “odd” one can disagree with how MIL is running her show, but she’s family!! Just had to get this off my chest.

I don't think I would be looking at this so critically if the stated story was DNV did not have a good relationship with her ex and his family, so they did not think to get involved in DNV's issues until Friday. I think everyone understands that custody issues can be straining and not all parents have a good relationship with each other. It's not a crime to not like your daughter-in-law. Mother-in-law jokes are funny for a reason.

I think it's this saccharine veneer painted over a more complicated public record that is throwing people off. Why release information that is constantly changing or contradicted by verifiably public records like court cases and arrest records? Why was this "timeline" released with a public case against DW being tried by private FB groups? Why the insinuation of police corruption and political connections? If you are going to try to control the narrative you shouldn't state publicly that you are trying to "control the narrative" and then get upset when people with no connection to the case or any parties question the story.

I’m over here clapping really hard! Yes. Yes. Yes.

And things would make a heck of a lot of sense.

I get not wanting to air dirty laundry or paint DNV in a bad light but if I was missing and in danger by God I would hope someone would air it all of it meant my life or to bring justice. Circumstances surrounding DNVs life does matter. Victimology is a thing. Whether or not certain things are out of someone’s character matters when trying to figure out what happened to someone. Leaving bible study vs having a couple drinks out matters. Strained relationships matter... and to say it doesn’t is someone not looking at the entire picture and more concerned with what things might appear than someone not caring who thinks what about them and only wants their missing loved one home. To say this isn’t relevant or those details have nothing to do with this and all you need to know is what I’m telling you is not working in DNVs favor. Of course that’s my humble non professional opinion. And maybe we don’t need to know all those finer details but LE does and hopefully they do.

Some people run fb case groups because they like to discuss cases like we do and that’s their preferred forum
Personally I find the acrimony from group 2 towards MIL group “odd” one can disagree with how MIL is running her show, but she’s family!! Just had to get this off my chest.

I’m a bit of a stickler for details. @cedgison confirmed earlier that TT is not married. It’s a fine point, but JDT is not DNV’s MIL. (AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3)

I’ve also noticed that DNV’s age was incorrectly given (by JDT, I’m assuming) on the original missing person report, and that the year of the Cruze was incorrect. Could be human error or could be trying to mask how young DNV was when she became a mother.

I wonder the percentage of average people would know the difference between an iPhone and an Android? Any thoughts?
I’d think it would be pretty high ratio for their own phone, but possibly not pay a lot of attention to other people’s phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288