Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actual tears...

People process grief differently... My wife and I lost our daughter suddenly eight months into her pregnancy and we both responded in vastly different ways than expected. I, being the tough strong guy everyone knew completely lost it and would cry multiple times a day publicly. My wife, stayed strong and didn't break down in front of others.

Also, it did look as if her eyes were glossy as if she was fighting them back...

People process grief differently... My wife and I lost our daughter suddenly eight months into her pregnancy and we both responded in vastly different ways than expected. I, being the tough strong guy everyone knew completely lost it and would cry multiple times a day publicly. My wife, stayed strong and didn't break down in front of others.

Also, it did look as if her eyes were glossy as if she was fighting them back...
So very sorry about your daughter.

Like I’ve always said, no one knows how they’ll react until it happens. A person might think they’ll act a certain way but until it happens you don’t know. An Unexpected tragedy effects everyone differently. I don’t think there’s any right or wrong way to show emotion

This has probably already been said, but this case is even scarier since little Maddox cannot scream or cry -- or did not, if he was taken by someone. That will also make it more difficult, IMO, for the rescue team to locate him -- but if he were to hear his name, perhaps he will be able to make noise somehow -- with a stick, throwing a rock or banging on something.

Let's hope this one will have a happy ending, folks!

This has probably already been said, but this case is even scarier since little Maddox cannot scream or cry -- or did not, if he was taken by someone. That will also make it more difficult, IMO, for the rescue team to locate him -- but if he were to hear his name, perhaps he will be able to make noise somehow -- with a stick, throwing a rock or banging on something.

Let's hope this one will have a happy

Nonverbal doesnt necessarily mean that they can not communicate sound

So very sorry about your daughter.

Thank you.

Like I’ve always said, no one knows how they’ll react until it happens. A person might think they’ll act a certain way but until it happens you don’t know. An Unexpected tragedy effects everyone differently. I don’t think there’s any right or wrong way to show emotion

You are correct, there is no right or wrong way and everyone does process it differently. If you ever attend an infant loss support group they cover this very topic almost in every meeting. You also will see and hear it first hand.

SABBM

<modsnip: snipped reference to above modsnip>

Still no one who can positively say Maddox was AT that park.
And nothing about possible sec. cam. footage. It would answer a lot of questions.

FBI says there is evidence that places Maddox in the park, aside from father’s account. They have followed +150 leads and conducted hundreds of interviews. @FOX46News

Lauren Dugan on Twitter

Let's hope this one will have a happy ending, folks!

Non-verbal is not the same thing as completely mute. I know many non-verbal kids and they all make noises and sounds, at the very least. Some are quite loud, actually. And they cry too, just like any other kid would. Maybe even more since they don't have words to communicate.

That was good of Carrie Ritch to speak up. .... mom says he (Maddox) is NOT non-verbal ; but will not speak to people he doesn't know.
Which would be why -- if a person tried to talk to him at the park-- he didn't say anything. (Like, "I'm lost"-- or, "have you seen my dad ?" )

The fact that the FBI can positively place him at the park says volumes.
My opinion is that there are numerous cameras and all they had to do was to take a look.

It would've been nice for them to notify the public , though --- and prevent unnecessary worry for those who are looking for Maddox.

FBI says there is evidence that places Maddox in the park, aside from father’s account. They have followed +150 leads and conducted hundreds of interviews. @FOX46News

Lauren Dugan on Twitter

That is good to know, thanks !

This is very sad for Maddox' mom.... I don't think she is keeping anything back.

Non-verbal is not the same thing as completely mute. I know many non-verbal kids and they all make noises and sounds, at the very least. Some are quite loud, actually. And they cry too, just like any other kid would. Maybe even more since they don't have words to communicate.

According to Maddox' mom-- he isn't mute. Just doesn't like to speak to strangers. He probably takes a while to warm up to people.
Many kids can be like that , whether or not they are special needs.
Hard to believe they still have not found him ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member