Series 2 of Making a Murderer announced

proudfootz

Reaction score
‘Making a Murderer’: Watch Chilling Season Two Teaser

Filmmakers Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos returned to Wisconsin for Season Two, where they resumed their work with Avery and Dassey alongside the duo’s families and legal teams. The new season will provide “an in-depth look at the high-stakes post-conviction process, exploring the emotional toll the process takes on all involved.”

In a statement, Ricciardi and Demos said, “Steven and Brendan, their families and their legal and investigative teams have once again graciously granted us access, giving us a window into the complex web of American criminal justice. Building on Part One, which documented the experience of the accused, in Part Two, we have chronicled the experience of the convicted and imprisoned, two men each serving life sentences for crimes they maintain they did not commit.”

Specifically, Part Two will document the work of Avery’s lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, who has a remarkable track record of getting wrongful convictions overturned. In the new season, Zellner will try to discover what actually happened to murder victim Teressa Halbach while also examining how Avery ended up convicted for her murder. Part Two will also follow Dassey’s post-conviction lawyers as they try to prove their client’s confession was involuntary, a case that nearly made it to the Supreme Court.

hopefully whatever new info they have points to his guilt

I'm going to binge watch season 2 like I did with season 1. I am intrigued to see the new information they have (producers claimed).

I have a feeling that it will only be "new information" to people that have not followed the case since Season 1 ;-)

there are a few frames in the MaM 2 trailer, where you see avery taking either a polygraph test, or, as another user pointed out, "brain fingerprinting".

i never heard of that, but supposedly it does this:

"Brain fingerprinting is a controversial technique that is advocated as a way to identify a terrorist or other dangerous person by measuring the "brainprint" of that person when shown a particular body of writing or an image that was previously familiar (such as of a training camp or manual)."

it sounds weird, but it actually worked, once:

"The inventor of the technique, Dr. Lawrence Farwell, has used the technique in at least one court case to determine the innocence of a man convicted of murder and the guilt of his accuser. Farwell showed each person pictures of the crime scene and measured their brainwave responses to determine which person had seen the crime scene before. Claiming that the test is 99.99% infallible, Falwell's test convinced the court to free the convicted person. The real perpetrator pleaded guilty."

article.

I have a feeling that it will only be "new information" to people that have not followed the case since Season 1 ;-)

I have a feeling there will be a couple surprises in there for even us missy. However, you are correct in that the vast majority of it will be a rehash for those who have been following along the past 3 yrs.

However, for those you havent followed the case at all since watching MaM1, be prepared to have your mind blown. There is a boatload of new stuff that has happened and in that way this season could be more riveting and stomach churning than the 1st.

I have a feeling there will be a couple surprises in there for even us missy. However, you are correct in that the vast majority of it will be a rehash for those who have been following along the past 3 yrs.

However, for those you havent followed the case at all since watching MaM1, be prepared to have your mind blown. There is a boatload of new stuff that has happened and in that way this season could be more riveting and stomach churning than the 1st.

I hope we learn something new CoolJ! Of course it is not being released until 2am my time :( unless I can try to sleep and then get up, I am not sure I will be able to watch until morning! I am going to go ahead and start new threads for each episode, for the next few days, I think it will help to follow along without there being too many "spoilers" :) I was going to message a mod the other day and just didn't get around to it, I'm sure it won't be a problem though!

I understand it's available now, but I'll have to wait until Tuesday because I'm working through the weekend.

Convicted Killer Steven Avery Will One Day Walk Free Thanks to 'Explosive Evidence,' Attorney Vows (with clip)

"Since its premiere nearly three years ago, Netflix’s docuseries Making a Murderer has raised more doubts about the death of Teresa Halbach and who was responsible than it has provided answers.

But one person not gripped by uncertainty is Kathleen Zellner, an attorney famous for exonerating wrongfully convicted people who, since January 2016, has been representing Halbach’s convicted killer Steven Avery.

Making a Murderer — which returns for part 2 on Friday (an exclusive preview is above) — cast a harsh light on the case against Avery and his teenage nephew Brendan Dassey, both of whom were found guilty of murdering Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer, in October 2005...."

Steven Avery Will Walk Thanks to 'Explosive Evidence,' Attorney Vows — but Prosecutors Don't Buy It
---

'Making a Murderer' Part 2 Details, Premiere Date Revealed

"The next batch of 10 episodes will launch Oct. 19.

Making a Murderer is officially returning to Netflix after nearly three years. The streamer announced that part two of the Emmy-winning docuseries will bow globally on Friday, Oct. 19.

The 10 all-new episodes will see filmmakers Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos return to the Midwest for what is being billed as exclusive access to Steven Avery, his co-defendant and nephew Brendan Dassey, their families and the legal teams fighting on their behalf. The next batch of episodes will offer a look at the post-conviction process and explore the emotional toll the case has had on all involved....

WATCH

'Making a Murderer' Part 2 Teaser..."

'Making a Murderer' Part 2 Details, Premiere Date Revealed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Come on proudfootz, do you work 24/7?

You gotta have time to sneak an episode or two in before Tuesday!

But I get it, we all got real life stuff to do. I am binging it later tonight!

I know me - if I watch one episode, I'll want to watch the next. Soon the whole day will be over and I will be hungry and dehydrated.

So, I'm going on to episode 6. Took a break to nurse a little kitty my hubby brought home after work and now watching a hockey game before I start watching again. So far, I'm not sure I have heard anything that we didn't already know, but watching the behind the scene's discussions are interesting. I'm finding myself feeling sorry for Barb, I'm sure that might pass as time goes on lol I do like the maps that they have been showing, especially the one's where it showed the scent tracking dogs and where they tracked. I am still not sure I buy the "blood in the sink" theory, but yet, I can see how it could be plausible if it was someone close and knew where SA was headed that night.

Interested to read everyone else's thoughts, if there is anything that is earth shattering yet? I wasn't expecting much more than we already knew though, so can't say I'm disappointed. For those that have not followed the last 3 years, I'm sure they will find lots of good information :)

I am still not sure I buy the "blood in the sink" theory, but yet, I can see how it could be plausible if it was someone close and knew where SA was headed that night.

n :)

That theory seems sketchy to me as well.

Almost all the way through. Fascinating. Excellent primer on legal procedure and what it takes to free the innocent. The toll it takes on the families-both those of the wrongfully convicted and those of the victims-is just heartbreaking. It's one thing if there is an honest error, but in cases where the DA had to have known they were prosecuting in bad faith, no excuse.

I started watching MaM 2 as soon as it dropped.

Watching KK again is nauseating, and watching Brendan get interviewed again is as hard to watch as it was the first time. It was sad to see him (and the family) get so excited about his possible release. Poor guy just wants to go home and eat a hamburger and fries :(

What is wrong with Len Kachinsky? Time hasn't done him any favours- it's like he can't even talk properly now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back