TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fired Dallas cop's lawyer: Termination was unfair, too soon

Robert Rogers, who represents the fired officer, Amber Guyger, said Monday night that Police Chief U. Renee Hall "bowed to pressure from anti-police groups and took action before all of the facts had been gathered and due process was afforded."

Sgt. Michael Mata, president of the Dallas Police Association, said Guyger more recently worked on a team tasked with arresting some of the city's most violent offenders. He said the association - Dallas' largest police employee organization - will be paying Guyger's legal fees.

bbm

The first mention of her formal education prior to becoming a police officer:

Guyger graduated from Sam Houston High School in 2008, according to an official at the Arlington Independent School District. She also attended Tarrant County College, according to an official there, although it is not clear when she went to the school.

Guyger also attended the University of Texas at Arlington in fall of 2012 and spring of 2013, said university spokeswoman Sana Syed. Guyger's intended major was criminology and criminal justice, Syed said.

Keep in mind she was required to have 44 credit hours to be eligible for employment.

Dallas police say Guyger was hired in November 2013 and state law enforcement records show she was appointed as a peace officer in May 2014.

She couldn't or didn't cut following through with her intended major or getting the degree yet was selected to deal with the city's most violent offenders having virtually no law enforcement experience.

Shoe size calculated to be 5.5 or smaller (the floor tiles in the booking video are 1' squares and there are a couple other pictures and videos that provide scalable perspectives) and her hands at best are marginally large enough to effectively handle most double column magazined hand guns. I'd guess a Para Ordinance might be a decent fit for her although I seriously doubt that was her official service issue.

Very curious choice for an Elite forces selection. She is a little bitty thing.

It will be interesting to see if her colleagues are brazen enough to foot the bill to file suit against DPD and before the wrongful death suit is filed.

Yes in America police believe they have a right to keep being paid no matter what criminal act they commit and until they have been convicted. In many instances, various courts have agreed with the police on this issue.

Do you have a job like that?

Just my opinions.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm thinking it has to do with something else other than her lying statements. Something came out Friday or Saturday to make them realize that they may not win this case and their no reason to support her. It had to be. Simple. Because if they was going to do it, it would have been a few days in. I don't know what they found that was made them change their tune but it was something and that decision had to have came either Friday or Saturday ...

I agree with @dc, we have yet to hear the 911 call and unless it's got botham screaming in the background and it's not disturbing to the public then based off of other officers shootings here in Dallas, this would have been released. So I find that interesting that we have heard that.

And what I also find interesting, is that the video that had been requested had the hours of 8am - 11pm.

That's a major part too. Why? Because i don't think they are using it to validate her story of what time she went to work or came home. If that was the case then they would have ask for it to begin earlier than 8am - we know she would have had to be at work at 8am - because it would have put her at that 13.5 hour mark.

Also what this is telling me that there is something wrong with her timing as well which is probably the whole reason they got it. If they truly believed that she was working that day, they would be have looked before the shift and after the shift. Not in between.

With a straight face these allegedly decent people claim this man did nothing wrong and of course excuse his psycho appearing roid rage due to his training. And then the FOP wonders why the public loses respect and trust for them.

Unfair, pay me, I shot him because I knew I'd get a paid vacation.

Only in America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-cops-lawyer-termination-was-unfair-too-soon/

The Killer's lawyer, states that the termination was "unfair". Seriously?

Even if we believe the Killer's story, who wants a police officer who has so little attention to detail, that she shoots a man dead, in his in own home, thinking it was her house?!

I wouldn't trust this woman to make tacos at Taco Bell!

This is speculation, what made Chief Hill turn so quickly? Last week, she stated unequivocally, that she could not fire The Killer, because it was against the law. Now, this was a lie. But Chief Hill stood fast.

What made her change her mind?
1. Pressure from demonstration groups, that would have continued until the Killer was fired? I don't like the thought that mob rule decided the issue.
2. Chief Hill received bomb shell information from the investigation that when it comes out, will rock everyone, and they will demand to know why the Killer had not been terminated at that point in time?
3. It was at a crisis point, and she was told to do it by city council members.

I really wonder if it is the 2nd option?

That being said, I am surprised Meritt allegedly allowed himself to be quoted as knowing her termination was predetermined prior to her hearing. That was not smart if he really did make the statement about knowing Sunday night, on the record.

That is very true. I personally would have said that especially since he is planning to sue the city for civil rights violations.

Even if we believe the Killer's story, who wants a police officer who has so little attention to detail, that she shoots a man dead, in his in own home, thinking it was her house?!

Let alone shot 2 people, how can anyone feel comfortable with her on the streets.

Chief Hill received bomb shell information from the investigation that when it comes out, will rock everyone, and they will demand to know why the Killer had not been terminated at that point in time?

I think its this one. I truly do because something she recieved had to have put her department in jeopardy if they would defend her. Also, I'm not trying to be rude by stating this but I feel like this slowly kind of dying down. I mean obviously, we still care but I mean like I feel as if protest are dying down. I also, think that the protest were very peaceful and handled way better in the past, so I don't see it being that but maybe.

I also think it is key to talk about what was discussed that could have had an impact on the decision;

She talked about getting rid of the 72 hour rule for making statements that chief brown had in place.

Also talked about community board to discuss bias.

and something else that I forgot. lol

Wondering if that 911 call had her saying that she was a security guard that shot him and that why it hasn't been released. It does make you think. If she was a courtesy officer and they called her to see if she was at work and asked her to check it out when she got off? She did and it went south. I just don't understand, where that 911 call is. I've seen plenty of 911 calls involving police shootings that ended up released. Wonder if she said something on there or he's screaming

I would bet if the phone she called from was:

1) her personal cell phone or
2) department issued cell phone and
3) not a "burner" phone

the 911 operator/dispatcher had the ID of the phone with no excuse for not knowing who was calling.

Wondering if that 911 call had her saying that she was a security guard that shot him and that why it hasn't been released. It does make you think. If she was a courtesy officer and they called her to see if she was at work and asked her to check it out when she got off? She did and it went south. I just don't understand, where that 911 call is. I've seen plenty of 911 calls involving police shootings that ended up released. Wonder if she said something on there or he's screaming

When I saw "implicit bias" and "social justice" it made me wonder what else might have been dug up that she deleted from her social media.

If the Pinterest account shown was hers, and typical of DPD's officers, who are also officers of the court, it was and is inappropriate with my guess being Chief Hall will eventually get that garbage under control.

I think its this one. I truly do because something she recieved had to have put her department in jeopardy if they would defend her. Also, I'm not trying to be rude by stating this but I feel like this slowly kind of dying down. I mean obviously, we still care but I mean like I feel as if protest are dying down. I also, think that the protest were very peaceful and handled way better in the past, so I don't see it being that but maybe.

I also think it is key to talk about what was discussed that could have had an impact on the decision;

She talked about getting rid of the 72 hour rule for making statements that chief brown had in place.

Also talked about community board to discuss bias.

and something else that I forgot. lol

I am currently reading, "Shots on the Bridge", about New Orleans PD, after Hurricane Katrina.

With all of the issues various PD's are having, it may be time to do a critical review of police hiring, and training. Or lack thereof.

My Grandfather was a police officer in Chicago, he always told us, "Never be a police officer, go to college, do something else". He ended his career as a police officer in a small suburb, met MLK, who had a small meeting in the park. I believe that was in 1965.
http://www.winnetkahistory.org/gazette/martin-luther-king-jr-in-winnetka/#comment-238295

It will be interesting to see if Chief Hall can improve the quality of service in Dallas.

MLK's famous speech becomes a thing of even greater profound beauty when you read it without any mention of skin color or ethnicity. That being said, the first huge and glaring problem that seems to be the neon elephant in the room there in Dallas is this:

Remind Me Again Why Dallas Has Separate Police Unions Divided by Race

I read this and initially thought it was borderline tasteless and inflamatory satire, only discovering afterward that it is real. I then learned this is a subject none of the officers desire to openly discuss and any acknowledgment of this ongoing segregation is prefaced with absurd rationalizing justifications. I'd be reasonably sure this implemented concept isn't unique to Dallas and believe it must be a quiet problem anywhere such practices are accepted and tolerated by the people simply looking the other way.

On the ballot for this November, 2018, in Davidson County, Nashville, Tennessee is a Community Oversight Board, having meaningful investigative powers and standing to address wrongs, for police abuses driven by citizen outrage after a long established pattern of unaccountability became clear for outrageous acts against the people whose complaints and causes of action go nowhere, often with bad officers involved earning promotions!

The most recent was a senseless murder where a running young man was shot in the back, dead. The official story at first seemed to change a little after the discovery and production of surveillance cams.

The same government allocated, a couple or a few years back, some 15-17 million dollars for body cams and seemingly only one person, the Chief of Police, has stood in the way of their being purchased and implemented.

Guess which organization has visibly and loudly fought to try and prevent the Community Oversight Board getting on the ballot even citing wildly conflicting stats for complaint resolution statistics than what appears to be the reality. As in the police claim around 30% of complaints result in disciplinary action against officers (that the people don't hear about and can find no evidence to support) whereas the community's stats show 98% or more of all complaints are rapidly dismissed.

The police claim the mere people are not qualified to examine and judge their job performance or actions along the lines of, 'we'd have to explain which means you could never understand.'

I am currently reading, "Shots on the Bridge", about New Orleans PD, after Hurricane Katrina.

With all of the issues various PD's are having, it may be time to do a critical review of police hiring, and training. Or lack thereof.

My Grandfather was a police officer in Chicago, he always told us, "Never be a police officer, go to college, do something else". He ended his career as a police officer in a small suburb, met MLK, who had a small meeting in the park. I believe that was in 1965.
http://www.winnetkahistory.org/gazette/martin-luther-king-jr-in-winnetka/#comment-238295

It will be interesting to see if Chief Hall can improve the quality of service in Dallas.

Last edited:
I taught school for years, and when the administration started putting cameras in the classrooms, the teachers union was actually in support.

The issue of different unions by race in Dallas is interesting, I wonder if that is unique to this area. In the situation of The Killer, the union is paying for her legal fees, bail. I can see that being a police officer, union dues are well worth the money for that kind of support.

The security guard misinformation had to originate somewhere with it being offered by AG having to be a certainty. I'd say her created reality had her head spinning trying to quickly produce a story she could build on and not raise suspicion.

We have heard the dispatched radio transmissions and know the "security guard shot the patient" pretense was real being broadcast immediately after the killer called in to report some version of what she claimed happened.

I wonder if the EMT transmissions and dispatch varies from that sent out on police channels or if everyone received the same information. I don't think that has been made clear to me.

I would like to know about how widespread that is across the nation. My sickening guess is very wide and common.

Review this short, 1 minute 14 second, graphic video and I believe this took place in Dallas county, TX:

Then review this article with video, you may notice Officer Wiley is a BIG man and much larger than the man he shot :

Police Associations stands behind indicted Mesquite police officer

Then go hunt his actual testimony from 9-24-18, Monday of his ongoing trial. Yesterday was supposed to be a huge day and so far I have found no mention of Officer Wiley's second day on the stand with prosecution getting a turn at him.

I am curious to know your informed opinion on this matter.

Your position that union dues for them are a bargain appears to be greatly understated!

I taught school for years, and when the administration started putting cameras in the classrooms, the teachers union was actually in support.

The issue of different unions by race in Dallas is interesting, I wonder if that is unique to this area. In the situation of The Killer, the union is paying for her legal fees, bail. I can see that being a police officer, union dues are well worth the money for that kind of support.

Last edited:
I am glad to see that this thread is a lot more calm than the other ones. I am happy to see that AG got fired from her position. I still sit with my theory of before. If the evidence proves me wrong, I will gladly admit I was wrong. But I am happy that she is suffering some consequences of some of her actions. I've said all along she needs to serve some punishment for what occurred.

I would like to know about how widespread that is across the nation. My sickening guess is very wide and common.

Review this short, 1 minute 14 second, graphic video and I believe this took place in Dallas county, TX:

Then review this article with video, you may notice Officer Wiley is a BIG man and much larger than the man he shot :

Police Associations stands behind indicted Mesquite police officer

Then go hunt his actual testimony from 9-24-18, Monday of his ongoing trial. Yesterday was supposed to be a huge day and so far I have found no mention of Officer Wiley's second day on the stand with prosecution getting a turn at him.

I am curious to know your informed opinion on this matter.

Your position that union dues for them are a bargain appears to be greatly understated!

Wow, that was disturbing. My experience with teachers unions, is that if you seriously did something wrong, like hurting a child, they would not support you.

But if it was something, like, take 15 sick days a month, they would support you, because that is a contract issue.

Nurses have an amazing union, I have seen some outrageous things, and the nurses involved were still employed.

The police unions, are no doubt very strong. And no doubt, everyone pays their dues. It surprises me that they support behavior that is very inappropriate, like the video clip, or shooting someone while off duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288