Still Missing VA - Bellamy Gamboa, 39, mother of 2, Virginia Beach, 1 Jul 2018 *Guilty*

Missing Virginia Mom-of-4 Was Allegedly Choked to Death by Ex, Then Stuffed in Plastic Bag

Lamont Johnson, 41, allegedly told police he shoved Gamboa, who then fell down some stairs. He then allegedly strangled her to death. Johnson allegedly told police he stuffed Gamboa’s body into a plastic bag and drove the remains to Chesapeake. Authorities have yet to recover her body.

While their romantic relationship had ended, the two still lived together, taking care of their infant twins.

Sadly Bellamy did what so many domestic violence victims do, downplay the abuse. That did NOT however give anyone permission to kill her! I don't know if they had arrested him, gave her a restraining/protection order, than it would have had any different outcome. Too many cases of domestic violence end in murder when the victim is trying to leave, or break off the relationship. Sad.

Court documents from 2017 show Gamboa and Johnson filed assault charges against each other.

In charging documents, Gamboa said Johnson pushed her and threatened to kill her. She said in the documents she was "afraid he will show up with my key looking for me and harm our infant babies."

Johnson, meanwhile, accused Gamboa of assaulting him on two separate occasions.

Bellamy Gamboa murder suspect withdraws bond hearing request

Did he decline the bond hearing to potentially get a lighter sentence?

I also wonder if there will be a deal regarding her location for a lighter sentence. It’s all so disturbing. I just hope that she can be brought home for her family.

I also wonder if there will be a deal regarding her location for a lighter sentence. It’s all so disturbing. I just hope that she can be brought home for her family.

As of today, I have my doubts. The family released a statement on FB just a little while ago indicating that her body will never be recovered.

Posted by her sister on Bring Bellamy Home Facebook:

It is with heavy hearts, that I share our family’s saddening news with all of you today.

The investigation and search for my beautiful sister, Bellamy, has now been called off.

PLEASE, I ask that no one question myself or my Father, of the reasoning why, or for any other details (as it can hurt the trial case, if any), but try to understand that her body will never be recovered.

We must all find the strength to move on, and accept that we will never be able to see her beautiful face again.

My sister was created to be on this earth to create her own miracles- Cianna, Daniel, Ellis and Leilani.

Her murderer will now have to live with the guilt for the rest of his life. He robbed me of my ONLY sister, and robbed his own twin babies of their ONLY mother.

There is a possibility of a potential trial, so we will continue to host fundraisers/events to support any costs for her children, memorial, travel for court, etc.

There are no words to express how thankful and PROUD we are of each and everyone of you. We were able to get a confession, and now we wait for his plea.

A “4Bellamy” campaign is already in the works by cousins and myself to end domestic violence.

Please do not be angry, but proud of yourselves, and know that Bellamy is no longer in fear or danger. I know she is with us and is so proud of you all.

Love,
Baby sissy

Gas and cigarettes at 1:15 am? Ok, fine...That means that he just left the kids at home alone, assuming that Bellamy was upstairs. I’m sure that VB police has looked for that surveillance video from the gas station. I wish they’d chime in on that.

Bellamy Gamboa's confessed killer searched 'trash dumpsters and where they go'

Among other disturbing items in this story, the surveillance from the 7-11 that morning showed that his shirt was basically covered in sweat.

Family honoring missing mother Bellamy Gamboa

According to the Bring Bellamy Home Facebook page, a fundraiser is set for Aug. 17 at 7 p.m. at Buckets Bar and Grill in Chesapeake. Relatives want to support her children and find her body.

Virginia Beach police stopped looking for her remains, so family and friends plan to light Japanese lanterns in her honor in lieu of a burial Labor Day weekend.

Just received a google alert on this case. I went into the jail site, but unfortunately it doesn't have his next court date. He is NOT in the Virginia Beach Circuit Court site either.

VBPD requests $54K to pay for landfill search in Gamboa case

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va (WAVY) -- The Virginia Beach Police Department is asking for money to help cover the costs of a landfill search related to the case of Bellamy Gamboa.

The Virginia Beach City Council is scheduled to vote Tuesday night on whether to spend $54,424 to pay for a multi-day search of the Bethel Landfill, according to the agenda. The search occurred in "an attempt to recover critical evidence during the course of a recent missing person/homicide investigation."
[.....]
It is unknown when the search occurred, or whether anything was recovered from the landfill -- which is off Interstate 64 in Hampton. The search "involved a manual search of specified landfill areas," according to the agenda.

and of course, no dates in this article either....

Just received a google alert on this case. I went into the jail site, but unfortunately it doesn't have his next court date. He is NOT in the Virginia Beach Circuit Court site either.

VBPD requests $54K to pay for landfill search in Gamboa case

and of course, no dates in this article either....

Oh my word. I used to live in Hampton and passed that landfill all of the time. There was another case a few years ago where a lady went missing and they pretty much knew her body was in the landfill but chose not to pursue finding her. Its been almost what, 3 months and a hurricane has went over. Im not sure what they will exactly be finding :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back