Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
....perhaps it would be prudent to review the surveillance camera footage for the night(s) prior to this event to see if they were in the park after dark.
Agree. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps he messed up his wording, maybe he meant to say they went over what happened that night, when they continued to search for him, as well as during the day, when he went missing. You would think that a reporter would clarify this, so that it didn't cast the father in a bad light. We have several different accounts now as to who last saw Maddox- again, is this just bad reporting, or does the story keep changing?

We have the FBI telling people to cool it on social media, a Mom who wasn't there when he disappeared being under the care of a victim counselor, the FBI lady said if anyone asked her a question, the news conference would end right away.

I'm not sure if I am on foot or horse back when trying to sort this all out. All we know right now is that the park is still blocked off, they searched trash and a landfill yesterday, and that LE stayed the night last night to look for him- why not the first three nights, when he was missing, or did they do that, too, and we heard only about the fourth night? I am assuming they searched at least the first night.

So I am going back and forth in my head with thoughts leaning several ways- either he is simply lost and they just can't find him, possibly abduction, or something sinister happened before the park or during Maddox's time in the park. JMO.

Last edited:
Me, too

He has the information needed, so they (991 OP) know what authorities should be dispatched.
The OP is going to be asking questions to get answers, the Dad has to relay to who is calling, and they then have to pass it on to the OP, thus delaying the response.

Why would you delay giving out important and possibly life saving information?
My mind is going back and forth on this- if he genuinely lost sight of him, he might have been frantically looking for him and was afraid to stop looking, but I agree, that call should have come from him, as he knew the details about his son better than the park ranger.

Rochelle Metzger‏Verified account @RochelleFox46

'UPDATE: 911 CALL FROM GASTONIA PARK EMPLOYEE ON DAY MADDOX RITCH WENT MISSING. HEAR THE CALL ON FOX46NOW at 11am. WATCH on @fox46news Facebook page or online at http://fox46charlotte.com or the #FOX46 App. #FindMaddox #MaddoxRitch'

Rochelle Metzger on Twitter

Rochelle Metzger‏Verified account @RochelleFox46

'UPDATE: 911 CALL FROM GASTONIA PARK EMPLOYEE ON DAY MADDOX RITCH WENT MISSING. HEAR THE CALL ON FOX46NOW at 11am. PLUS, the latest on the search effort. @FOX46News #FindMaddox #MaddoxRitch'

Rochelle Metzger on Twitter

Hilary Powell‏Verified account @mshilary

'#BREAKING: "We got a missing kid." In a newly-released 911 call in the Maddox Ritch investigation, police say a part-time employee with Gastonia’s Parks and Recreation Department made the call. He can be heard saying, "the parents are out here looking." #FindMaddox'

Hilary Powell on Twitter

BBM
LMAO, I know this is NOT funny, but now we have "the parents are out here looking?" . What in God's name is this all about? From the 911 call?!?!?!?!

Edited to add- did the park ranger assume that the friend, who might have been a female, was the mother?

My mind is going back and forth on this- if he genuinely lost sight of him, he might have been frantically looking for him and was afraid to stop looking, but I agree, that call should have come from him, as he knew the details about his son better than the park ranger.

Don’t most people have a cell phone in their pockets now? Between Dad and the other adult I would say odds are at least one had a cell phone. Call 911 on the cell while you keep looking.

Hey Everyone,

Please remember the parents of Max are not suspects.

Also, keep in mind how powerful your words are to other people.

A simple remark about someone's behavior or looks can be devastating to that person.

It is good to assume, especially in cases like Max's, that his family and the police are reading here.

Whenever I post something that might be considered a bit accusatory I re-read my post and ask myself "Could I defend this post in a court of law?" Some of you may find this silly but it really helps me rein it back in case I have gone overboard with my comments.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Let's pray Max is found very soon.

Thank you Tricia. Bringing this reminder forward.

I pray this child is found today.

I'm heartbroken for the mom. I'm assuming she wasn't there even tho it mentions parents, not the mom I'm guessing. I'm thinking she wouldn't have waited an HOUR before calling for help for her nonverbal 6 year old missing son. Completely unacceptable. Poor little Maddox.

IMO

Who was this “other adult” with the father walking around the lake?
I'm wondering the same. So many different reasons why they are protecting this person's identity, yet to me, they are part of the reason why Maddox is missing- maybe not the direct reason, but they were there when he allegedly ran off and couldn't be caught.

Also, I know this is a long shot, but any mention of foot prints by Maddox? I know they have professionals (we had one on here for a different case) who work with foot prints only and can tell if they were running and the direction to which they last went as well as get a general idea of how fast they were walking/running, along with any other footprints following theirs.

As time goes on this is getting more and more uncomfortable. I haven't read all of the posts here so sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Did the adults wander off somewhere on their own for a little bit expecting Maddox to just quietly play on his own and when they came back he was no longer where they had left him playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson