TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if this has been posted yet or not

Divers Search Benbrook Lake in Search of Clues in 1974 Disappearance of 3 Fort Worth Girls | News Talk WBAP-AM

One car — a Chevy Corvair – was taken to an undisclosed location to be analyzed for evidence.

Among onlookers, was Fran Langston; her daugher is among the missing. Langston told the Star-Telegram that she “hopes there is some evidence in the cars.” After difficulty raising a second car, divers gave up for the day, but plan to return this weekend to continue efforts to raise it.
I’m so happy that they aren’t giving up!

Good summary, except I can see a problem with this rule. (Similar to you I guess?)

If LE has screwed up a case, then there would be nothing left to talk about.

<modsnip - discussing fb comments>

Exactly... the only knowns are the 3 girls made it to the mall. The car was found at the mall that evening. It was not treated as a possible crime scene. A letter signed "Rachel" came to be at Rachel's home. Handwriting analysis did not rule her out as the writer. The police treated the disappearance as a case of runaways. There have been no verified sightings of the girls since that day. LE never named any persons of interest/suspects.

Sadly for these families, there is no more known information on this case than there was since the 24th, when the letter appeared at Rachel's home.

(IMO) Most of us have our own theory as to the who and what. And mine differs from 99% of what I've read here. But just like the other 99%, it's only speculation. There simple is not enough real information to go on. LE missed that chance decades ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
its unfortunate the case thread has become a stoned wall in recent times.

moo

Between April 19, 1974 and June 19, 1974 there was a divorce, death of mother, marriage, and death of father.

That's some tremendous life changes in a 60 day period.

Then on December 23, 1974 the disappearance of Rachel.

Between April 19, 1974 and June 19, 1974 there was a divorce, death of mother, marriage, and death of father.

That's some tremendous life changes in a 60 day period.

Then on December 23, 1974 the disappearance of Rachel.
:eek:
If he was an unstable young man to start with, the adjustment would be very difficult. Perhaps difficult for the new wife too, who didn't have much life experience herself.

Generally, WS requires a "GRAPHIC" warning on something such as that. What a way to wake up!!!

In reference to the orange socks attachment.

I cant find any reliable info on this.

Did TT and Rachel's sister go to the mall with the families on the evening/night of December 23rd to search for the girls?

I am wondering, if Rachel might have someone else she was close to, whom she might make plan with to leave town, when things were getting too heated at home. Not Renee or Julie definitely.

What really was she like, personality wise?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Parksestx, Debra used to participate in thread one of this forum (predating most of us here now). I certainly don't blame her for not speaking out any more. At one point her brother was publicly implying she might have been involved in the disappearance and basically got the other families to go along with him. I can't even imagine how painful that might have been for Debra. And for the record I absolutely do not believe she was involved.

That being said, I would love to hear from her. I found about six old email addresses for her as well as some old phone numbers and tried to contact her when I wrote my article but none of them worked. I would trust her memory and recollections about this case above most anybody else's. Not only was she present for these events but she was older than the other siblings.

Parksestx, Debra used to participate in thread one of this forum (predating most of us here now). I certainly don't blame her for not speaking out any more. At one point her brother was publicly implying she might have been involved in the disappearance and basically got the other families to go along with him. I can't even imagine how painful that might have been for Debra. And for the record I absolutely do not believe she was involved.

That being said, I would love to hear from her. I found about six old email addresses for her as well as some old phone numbers and tried to contact her when I wrote my article but none of them worked. I would trust her memory and recollections about this case above most anybody else's. Not only was she present for these events but she was older than the other siblings.

She's gotta have more insight on this than anyone else on the planet.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Maybe, Rachel knew her sister would tell her husband if she had any such idea. So she might not have said anything.

I don't know how this case has been looked at from so many angles, and yet I don't seem to get what kind of person Rachel was, how happy she was at the time etc. Just that she's pretty!
She's gotta have more insight on this than anyone else on the planet.
Yes, but she had been interviewed by LE and even took lie detector tests. Any insight she has, has not led to any usable outcome for the case all this time.

Have any of you read the James Roy McAlphin letters? If so, what are you thoughts?

So out of the ordinary in the 70s for the father to be given legal custody of a child by the court.

Last edited:
Just trying to put myself in the shoes of the parties in this case.

I know I would have for sure stayed that 1st night with my mother, trying to console her and my young brother, and help in taking care of my dying father. I would have had to have a very major reason to have stayed that 1st night at TT's house and not with my blood family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44