Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fauske lockers.

Yesterday fauske lockers were inspected by us. There are currently no lockers in use.
Scenario of luggage currently left behind in lockers at Fauske train station is non-valid.

View attachment 148584

Tarjei & Cave

One more step to verify IMHO. If a locker remains closed too long, and if date and payment are long overdue, say after two? three? weeks, does the company open the locker and store the contents somewhere else?

I do not have the technical knowledge to discuss this, I jst dont want to clear out any possibilities before they are totally searched, this article has a map that shows coverage at sea and says the landscape has a lot to do according to coverage: WikiLeaks-medarbeider kan ha seilt utenfor Rogalands-kysten

The dates are badly matched, the events around Vikeså took place on August 30th, the freight ship passed around South Norway on August 27th. If the ship has anything to do with the phone, there has been a transfer on the high seas, reasonably unlikely. However, it is worth noting that the ship sails at a very low speed over 100 kilometers around Stavanger. Or a significant delay in the registration of the mobile signal.

be_mo_zpsodmvausl.jpg

Last edited:
One more step to verify IMHO. If a locker remains closed too long, and if date and payment are long overdue, say after two? three? weeks, does the company open the locker and store the contents somewhere else?
Yes indeed
Well go an answer to my first mail:
"
Saksnummer: SAK01117839 

Hello,

Please contact Bane NOR Customer center by email:kundesenter@banenor.no, to get information about storage boxes. They are the ones who own these.

Have a nice day!

Regards

Aleksandra
NSB Kundesenter

And this morning sended to the email above,with the same question (as Zazara posted) but didnt get a direct answer to this questions

"
Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail.

There is no time limit for the lockers at Fauske station. You pay for 24 hours and then the rest when you pick up your luggage.
At Rognan station it is possible to leave the luggage by the staff within the stations openinghours:
Monday - Friday: 05.15 - 23.00
Saturday: 07.30 - 17.00 and 22.00 - 23.00
Sunday: 07.30 -09.00 and 13.00 - 23.00
Kind regards

Bane NOR

Customerservice"

So i guess,they have a storage space?
FYI I didnt ask specific about AK luggage,just what happens to/ if the payment was expired and unclaimed...for both train stations Rognan & Fauske

Last edited:
The dates are badly matched, the events around Vikeså took place on August 30th, the freight ship passed around South Norway on August 27th. If the ship has anything to do with the phone, there has been a transfer on the high seas, reasonably unlikely. However, it is worth noting that the ship sails at a very low speed over 100 kilometers around Stavanger. Or a significant delay in the registration of the mobile signal.

be_mo_zpsodmvausl.jpg

Can you share the origin of the above map with us please so we able to map all other relevant vessels unto our GIS system for cross analyse please.

Regarding the exact route of Beatrophy, this was already covered, see map below.

V22 German map.jpg

Beautrophy arrived at Nordenham in the morning of 29/8.
Additional confirmation of vessel actually being in that harbour was availble by photo made at 2/9 (see map).

If phone signals from Vikesa base station were received at 30/8, we can rule out Beautrophy as possibility for being the carrier for the bearer of the phone.

Cave

By request, here are some of the maps that clarify the distances in Rogaland.

V22 Rogaland cell tower overview 1.jpg

Please note: Police did NOT state that the phone (or phones) where moving. They just stated that connection was made to three cell tower stations and they names the three places.

For investigative purposes, you could think of a scenario where the bearer of the phone would be traveling along the E39. For support of such a scenario the below maps can be helpfull to indentify other possible base stations/cell towers that could be part of requesting or performing hand-off procedures for phones when travelling along E39.

V22 Rogaland cell tower overview 2.jpg

Detailed maps for each of the locations mentioned by police:
V22 Bråstein cell towers.jpg
V22 Vikesa cell towers.jpg
V22 Ualand cell towers.jpg

Again and i repeat!
The above maps are just part of our (internal) theoretical investigative scenario of traveling along E39. Currently no additional sources or information is available that the above scenario is credible. Mapping done as part of the process of mapping all current emerging theories and scenarios.

Do you have a centralized list of open questions and findings?
If so, can you consider sharing this list in order to Tarjei and me so we can be working with you in order to visualize all other facts and findings and be sure not to overlook a particular issue?

If there are items that are know, but that you do not want to be public, that is no problem and we can generate and maintain private/confidential information maps just for family/relative/close friends purposes as well.

All these questions are the same as asked on this forum. In short: what has de police been doing to find more people that have seen him in Bodo. (Till now one person). Where and when ecactly is his telephone traced in and around Bodo. The same for Fauske and Rognan (baggage, telephone, people). And what about the pings in the south of Norway.
Maybe more about the of his telephone(s) later.

Although Trident Juncture has yet to come, its kick-off took place only 2 days before Arjen went missing, on the 18th of August:
Trident Juncture kicks off in Norway
20180818tk_I1482.jpg

A promo for Trident Juncture:

If Arjen's disappearance has something to do with Trident Juncture, then perhaps the traces that were left behind should be followed in the opposite direction.

Can you share the origin of the above map with us please so we able to map all other relevant vessels unto our GIS system for cross analyse please.

Screendump is taken in the Norwegian state Open Data platform "Kystinfo". The platform has obviously not been developed for ship traking and is very manual to work in. You can also follow the traffic out of Norwegian territorial waters and beyond, but I had to pull a little illogical filter to make it work "AIS - stykkgodsskip (live)" and of course the more obvious filter that also opens a time bar "AIS Åpen med historikk" (and english if you want that).

If phone signals from Vikesa base station were received at 30/8, we can rule out Beautrophy as possibility for being the carrier for the bearer of the phone.

If you see the freight ship track as an option, which I think is very unlikely, no scenarios are impossible. Also the possibility that the phone changes ships at open sea due to the low speed speed the ship has over 100 kilometers around Rogaland, it sails at normal speed in the Norwegian and German fjords. The ship meets a few NATO ships along the Norwegian coast and sails in parallel with other ships. on a longer stretch. All in all, I think that someone who is used to monitoring ship traffic could provide natural explanations for these incidents.

Please see below summary of results of site visit of Rognan train station.
Regarding the 2 open questions from this forum:
- No lockers at Rognan train station
- Train station does not appear to have security camera's mounted.

See map below.

V23 Rognan train station.jpg

Cave

Please see below summary of results of site visit of Rognan train station.
Regarding the 2 open questions from this forum:
- No lockers at Rognan train station
- Train station does not appear to have security camera's mounted.

See map below.

View attachment 148689

Cave
From what I understood from the mail reply i got this afternoon is that you can leave your luggage with the train staff in Rognan

I posted these reply's here

Although Trident Juncture has yet to come, its kick-off took place only 2 days before Arjen went missing, on the 18th of August:
Trident Juncture kicks off in Norway
20180818tk_I1482.jpg

A promo for Trident Juncture:

If Arjen's disappearance has something to do with Trident Juncture, then perhaps the traces that were left behind should be followed in the opposite direction.

I do believe that Arjens family posted that they also want to ask where is phone pinged in the area in Bodø during/before his disappearance so I do think that is a good idea to focus on the opposite direction to try for more insight of his where about..

Interview of staff at Rognan train station is at todo list :rolleyes:

Cave
20 august was on a monday so till 23.00 (24/7) he could left his luggage there..hard to imagine that he would leave without it.

Interview of staff at Rognan train station is at todo list

I hope the German boatman participates in the list of interviews, IMOs an attraction whose AK had ships of interest (Ocean race) and they spoke both German and can be done in the 4 hours before departure. The builder's location is central to the explanation of the possible witnesses. I would like to talk to the staff at the 2 restaurants (Would he be able to have the kayak here, in the restaurants, as he should have deposited his baggage on the slipways). Was there activity at the venue "Slipen" that evening? Are people hanging out in the area around the venue when closed, people in transit? If there has been anything criminal in this case, it is here in the region at 20: 45-21: 15, I think.

Forgive me but I have to ask - is there any chance at all he went to Russia to see Snowden? I am probably just influenced by the series "Occupied" but the thought stays in my head.

Forgive me but I have to ask - is there any chance at all he went to Russia to see Snowden? I am probably just influenced by the series "Occupied" but the thought stays in my head.

If he wanted to go to Russia, he'd probably book a plane ticket Amsterdam - Moscow and charge the company account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288