VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

Colson Probe At Standstill Pending Tests

Richard Whitcomb had access to the Beaver Meadow Road property, including outbuildings, because he was the caretaker there for owner Bukk Carleton, according to a redacted search warrant affidavit for Carleton’s property obtained from the White River Junction courthouse.

Police also located shell casings, a cigarette butt with Colson’s DNA, and gloves. Police didn’t find human remains during that February search, though, the affidavit says.

But on May 23, after the spring thaw, police went back to the property, searched the barn and found Colson’s remains, police have said.

I am saddened to hear that Austin was murdered..I hope that Richard Whitcomb (if proven guilty in a court of law) gets everything he deserves. It won't bring Austin back..but it will hopefully bring some semblance of justice & closure for his loved ones. RIP Austin..

Rich has an ankle bracelet, my understanding is it monitors his sweat for drugs and alcohol as well as his GPS location.
Hi are you from the area? Reading about the community, they have all known each other for a very long time. I didn't read anything that could be construed as "friends". It was quite brutal.

Hi are you from the area? Reading about the community, they have all known each other for a very long time. I didn't read anything that could be construed as "friends". It was quite brutal.

Yes Im local and know the people and community. They were friends... Or so Austin thought. They had gone out collecting scap metal together before & had a drug connection of sorts.

Rich and Austin had know each other for about 6 weeks. I feel Rich had a motive in friending Austin.
I am also local and friends with the mom of Austins girlfriend.

Oh I agree he had a motive. Rich is not a good person and very likely Austim wasnt the 1st death he was responsible for in my opinion.

I wonder what is going on with Austin's case. They have the right guy, so what is the hold up? He got to enjoy his summer at home while Austin did not, nor did Austin's family get to enjoy it much because of their grief.

I am so glad I saw this thread on the trending side! I have wondered about him also and have seen nothing?
I did not even know they found his remains so I will go back and read up.
Thanks Steelslady.

I just read up and have to say something here. I have seen some old broken down New England barns in my lifetime and honestly that one does not look all that bad, at least not bad enough for LE to figure out a way to do a search safely. I am disappointed that they never went in there and Austin was actually in the barn. I did not see if it said if he was buried or hidden. So sad.

I just read up and have to say something here. I have seen some old broken down New England barns in my lifetime and honestly that one does not look all that bad, at least not bad enough for LE to figure out a way to do a search safely. I am disappointed that they never went in there and Austin was actually in the barn. I did not see if it said if he was buried or hidden. So sad.
I totally agree about broken barns in this area, and a lot of them are still being used daily. Austin was found buried in the barn. Why they didn't check in there before is a mystery to me. What is puzzling to me is the information they have about Whitcomb used to working on that land in the past, among other things, and he is still free. There hasn't been any updates on the progress of the investigation or what the tox screens showed for Austin. It's like he's been forgotten.

Wow did they not find anything that they could arrest Whitcomb for or tie him into this? Wasn't there something about Whitcomb's phone, text or something that they found.
I only read up to where my last post was which means I am going to have to read from the beginning. When a case goes stagnant I forget all the logistics that go with it.
I did pull up the address of Beaver Meadow Rd and it looks like it's for sale or some land that belongs to it is.

Wow did they not find anything that they could arrest Whitcomb for or tie him into this? Wasn't there something about Whitcomb's phone, text or something that they found.
I only read up to where my last post was which means I am going to have to read from the beginning. When a case goes stagnant I forget all the logistics that go with it.
I did pull up the address of Beaver Meadow Rd and it looks like it's for sale or some land that belongs to it is.
There is some evidence that they have. Austin was shot and killed, not sure if they have confirmed that it came from Whitcomb's gun. The text messages on the phone to his wife after it happened. His lie about being in Manchester that day. Witnesses who talked to him the night before with Austin about them going scrapping the next day. I guess they have to get their ducks in a row, but it sure seems to be taking a long time to get justice for Austin.

Video at link.

Girlfriend of South Royalton homicide victim frustrated by unsolved case
Nearly six-months since police found the body of a missing South Royalton man, they have still not made an arrest in the homicide case.
Now, for the first time, Austin Colson's girlfriend is speaking about the unsolved case.

Katie Grizzaffi says there is not a day that goes by that she does not think about Austin Colson. The couple had planned to get married. But now she says that there is only one thing in the world that she wants, and that's justice for Colson.
upload_2018-10-4_1-12-18.jpeg
Vermont State Police are continuing to investigate the homicide. In a statement Wednesday they say they continue to follow up on leads and look for information from the public to assist in the investigation.

Windsor County State's Attorney Dave Cahill says progress is being made in the case as the investigation continues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back