Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police can name a dead person as a suspected killer. It happens all time when further victims of a serial killer are found or evidence points to the killer, even after his death.
Yes, a dead person can definitely be names as a murderer. It just happened in Virginia. Person killed in 2015 by person who was killed 2016 but determination not made until this past week in 2018.

We keep hearing that from everyone who knew her.
I am still waiting for anyone who has something good to say about CW ?
The DA does not dictate the completion timeline for the autopsies in Colorado. They are done when they are done. The DA is under court order to turn them over to the defense upon receipt. Pretty clear that we are waiting on the ME; nothing more IMO.

CW "confessed as to telling the truth" which is his version of the truth as he sees it. That should not be confused with the actual facts that we have yet to see. From the WAA, we know that he lied and then told the truth about a few things.

Not sure he can be credited with coming clean and confessing to his crimes - more that he admitted to what LE presented to him. He knew at that point that the jig was up and tried to save his own skin going forward.

I feel like people may think that autopsies happen overnight, just like they might on CSI or Criminal Minds. That would certainly benefit the efficiency of our judicial system, but it's just not true! I've had cases where we've waited months and months on end...I used to work as a case manager for NCMEC, and there was SUCH a backlog for biometrics in the various labs. Some can test for some things while others can test for everything, etc. In a case of such magnitude, there will most certainly be every bit of attention given to every single possible detail. The prosecution only gets one shot. Further, because of Brady rules, it would be highly reckless for the DA to not turn over material they have in their possession, or worse, lie about even having it. The delay on the ME/pathologist's part cannot be logically connected to a dislike by the DA of something in the COD that they are now trying to "resolve" by waiting it out.

That's it. And the coroner has confirmed that the reports are not complete.

Let's review one more time just to make sure we're all on the same page:
  1. The autopsy reports are not complete PER THE CORONER
  2. The autopsy reports have not been received BY THE PROSECUTION
  3. The prosecution can't provide the defense with the autopsy reports BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THEM

Thank you Pommy. If this post doesn't clear it up nothing will help. LOL. :D

Respectfully, I prefaced my comment with the disclaimer:
I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.

I also stated that I was responding to the particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally had issue with.

MOO
But this isn't going to be a trial about bad parenting, child abuse or neglect. I don't even think the defense will stoop that low. JMO

I thought that as I wrote it . Now she'll be called an alcoholic ! Once she did Fb a picture of a glass of wine in her hand and that to me made her a bit more real because "partying" was not her focus, her family was. Also anyone who has had anything to do with young children at Christmas time knows that it is very unpredictable and children hit the wall quickly !

We can agree to disagree. I have a lot of education & experience in this field, so while I’m willing to compromise my views on many things, I’m pretty confident in my opinion on this one. MOO
I'm failing to see a relevant connection being made to the theory that she murdered her girls. Also the large majority of us (including V psychology professionals) don't see any form of child abuse in those videos. IMO

Respectfully, this isn't a parenting forum.

The things said about CW weren't negative, but they also weren't necessarily positive. They were neutral to me. Shallow things I'd say about my neighbor. Like "Oh he didn't talk much." "He kept to himself." "He didn't seem to have any serious girlfriends." "He was pretty bright."

It's like nobody actually knew who he was, just things about him, if that makes sense.

The defense asked for the prosecution to turn them over (as required by law).

The prosecution responded that they can’t, because they don’t have them yet either.

People began speculating that the prosecution didn’t like what they heard from the coroner, and were keeping the results a secret.

This is of course illegal, and not taking place.
in my own experience - LE and the prosecution would generally have the preliminary results/cause of death by now - still waiting on some things like toxicology etc. before the final report can be prepared (and released/shared)

Hi everyone. I just have to jump here and say, because this is driving me nuts... I feel, believe and am certain, without a doubt, that CW killed all 3, that it was not planned, but that something happened when SW came home. Maybe an argument, things got out of hand/loud/violent...something one or both children heard and came out to see what was happening and became unwitting witnesses to ...something he didn't want them to tell anyone about. Panicked. Then went into self preservation mode. Having said all that, having seen the videos we have seen here, heard about his demeanor, seeing him as a loving, attentive father, I just can't believe, if he wanted to be free to pursue another life, that he would even for a second even consider killing anyone, especially his children. How does that even enter his mind as a possible solution? I just can't believe it, even though I do believe it, I'm sure he did it. I just can't believe it. (And what else is freaky to me is that...those 3 interviews he did on Tuesday? I think he seemed totally believable, didn't seem nervous or scared or flustered. Looked at the reporter straight in the eye, answered with a calm voice....he could have fooled me, but I'm not fooled. I just still can't believe it).

I think if you look at the company and their platform , it is very SM based and promoters are encouraged to share all their deals and specials. But like I've said before , I don't particularly agree with how much she shared on SM but she was comfortable with it. I'm sure CW was not.

in my own experience - LE and the prosecution would generally have the preliminary results/cause of death by now - still waiting on some things like toxicology etc. before the final report can be prepared (and released/shared)
Why wouldn’t the defense have asked for these preliminary results?

I feel like people may think that autopsies happen overnight, just like they might on CSI or Criminal Minds. That would certainly benefit the efficiency of our judicial system, but it's just not true! I've had cases where we've waited months and months on end...I used to work as a case manager for NCMEC, and there was SUCH a backlog for biometrics in the various labs. Some can test for some things while others can test for everything, etc. In a case of such magnitude, there will most certainly be every bit of attention given to every single possible detail. The prosecution only gets one shot. Further, because of Brady rules, it would be highly reckless for the DA to not turn over material they have in their possession, or worse, lie about even having it. The delay on the ME/pathologist's part cannot be logically connected to a dislike by the DA of something in the COD that they are now trying to "resolve" by waiting it out.

Thank you Riolove77 and welcome! Would you please consider becoming a verified professional here? See this link to find out more: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

The discussion was that only CW talked about separation, I am bringing up that the woman in NC knew also. I believe she is a friend of SW’mother?
The friend is Danell Search, a work colleague of SW's mother. She is quoted as saying "They were having problems and SW's mother told her (DS) that they were planning to separate".

Hi everyone. I just have to jump here and say, because this is driving me nuts... I feel, believe and am certain, without a doubt, that CW killed all 3, that it was not planned, but that something happened when SW came home. Maybe an argument, things got out of hand/loud/violent...something one or both children heard and came out to see what was happening and became unwitting witnesses to ...something he didn't want them to tell anyone about. Panicked. Then went into self preservation mode. Having said all that, having seen the videos we have seen here, heard about his demeanor, seeing him as a loving, attentive father, I just can't believe, if he wanted to be free to pursue another life, that he would even for a second even consider killing anyone, especially his children. How does that even enter his mind as a possible solution? I just can't believe it, even though I do believe it, I'm sure he did it. I just can't believe it. (And what else is freaky to me is that...those 3 interviews he did on Tuesday? I think he seemed totally believable, didn't seem nervous or scared or flustered. Looked at the reporter straight in the eye, answered with a calm voice....he could have fooled me, but I'm not fooled. I just still can't believe it).
Good article:

The associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at MSU Denver and former prosecutor has worked with thousands of victims of family violence.

"When he said she was the one strangling the children, I knew right then he was the one who strangled the children, because he can give all the details of what he said she did because he was doing it himself," she said. "It's going to be hard on the family to hear the lies. And there's some secrets there, I'm afraid. It's going to be hard for the jury. It's going to be hard for the public to really understand because there is no understanding it," Mowder said.
Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member