Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Maddox. Is it plausible that he ended up there on his own?

Absolutely.
I think people need to hold on and wait for some information. The reports are conflicting right now from half a mile to 4 miles.

From what I've seen I think that the half mile - one mile is the most accurate. I think it's entirely possible Maddox went into the lake and was swept into the creek.

If he DID walk to the creek himself I think it will bring questions of why searches were not conducted outside the park though.

I just watched the press interview of the father. One sentence spoke volumes to me. It was at the end. He was asked what he'd say to his boy if he could. He responded, "I'd say, 'Maddox, M-A-D-D-O-X, I love you, buddy.'"

He said it in a way that made me feel that he'd said this exact sentence many, many times before, spelling out the name for the child to learn. A parent who makes concerted efforts and wants to teach a challenged child how to spell his name is not likely the kind of parent that would harm that child. I admit, when I first heard of the Maddox Ritch story, I immediately thought of Ara (Pique) Andressian. In that case, the father is now serving time. After seeing the interview of Ian Ritch, I no longer get that vibe.

I sure hope I'm right.

This is an amazing point. I agree.

I think the diabetes, neuropathy and possibly being on the spectrum explain all the issues people have with the father.

He was with his new girlfriend. Do we really think a new girlfriend is going to lie for this guy? Claim Maddox was with them if he wasn't? That makes zero sense. It's not even logical.

Whaaat? This guy says that "I used to be on probation and my probation officer came up here looking around." Then he says that he pointed to PO to the culvert
under the bridge.
Come on y’all. He was trying to help. Should having a past offense, (that he was given probation instead of prison time) prevent him from giving a tip?

This is a question to any locals. I am not a map reader but it has been reported that he was found somewhere near old Dallas hwy and murrieta st. Looking really quickly at Google maps it looks like you have to go across( under or over a hwy to get there) is this accurate? Thanks!

A local news reporter said on the live feed that there’s a path that leads from Rankin Lake Park and goes underneath a major highway.

Absolutely.
I think people need to hold on and wait for some information. The reports are conflicting right now from half a mile to 4 miles.

From what I've seen I think that the half mile - one mile is the most accurate. I think it's entirely possible Maddox went into the lake and was swept into the creek.

If he DID walk to the creek himself I think it will bring questions of why searches were not conducted outside the park though.

I think the diabetes, neuropathy and possibly being on the spectrum explain all the issues people have with the father.

He was with his new girlfriend. Do we really think a new girlfriend is going to lie for this guy? Claim Maddox was with them if he wasn't? That makes zero sense. It's not even logical.
I agree.

Absolutely.

I really like it when you show up.
upload_2018-9-27_14-48-22.jpeg

What on earth is this?

Here is the video of the man who gave the tip. I googled him and what he is convicted for is VERY troubling to say the least. Idk what’s allowed to be posted on here so I’ll just leave the video.

FOX 46 Charlotte

It’s interesting to me how he insists it would be easy for a child to get there on his own, during a red light. Surely someone would have seen him walking there.

Not making any assumptions, I’ve learned my lesson about that. But this is very strange to say that he least.

Absolutely.

From what I've seen I think that the half mile - one mile is the most accurate. I think it's entirely possible Maddox went into the lake and was swept into the creek....

Agree. The creek is likely a tributary of Rankin Lake.

Absolutely.

I 100% agree. I feel this is an unfortunate accident and the father will beat himself up more than anyone else ever could. Until further information comes out, respect for the family needs to be adhered to.

This is so, so saddening. I want to know if he was driven/taken to that spot (or if he truly walked that far!?). And from what he ultimately died. :( My god, rest in PEACE.

MADDOX 911 CALL: 911 caller says father was 'out of breath' after son disappeared at Rankin Lake Park

Kind of obvious who the park ranger suspects....

Anyway regardless of who did what, I don’t think the boy wandered. The timeline described alone would not permit it. “As soon as he went out of sight, I never saw him again.”

So, if my son ran up ahead out of sight, all I should have to do is run full speed up ahead to catch up. If I can’t find him, it would mean he either fell into some water...hid behind some trees....or was snatched. A kid can’t just wander off THAT fast if he is actually within eyesight of a parent until the last minute.

Come on y’all. He was trying to help. Should having a past offense, (that he was given probation instead of prison time) prevent him from giving a tip?

I am wondering what he was on probation for and why his probation officer and the sheriff was looking around his house. A sheriff searching the are ok but what's up with his old probation officer showing up?

"I wish that he was alive." A neighbor explains how his tip may have led to the discovery of a body that's believed to be 6-year-old #MaddoxRitch.

LATEST: bit.ly/2QeDGkK

FOX 46 Charlotte on Twitter

*video at link

:eek: Am I understanding this right? He says he is on probation and told the police to search near where the kid was found? o_O

I'll just wait patiently for the presser....

RIP little Maddox :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member