Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can look at things with hindsight though. Because he was not caught does not mean that they did not happen and were part of disturbed behaviour.
And there were reports of him being distant with SW and the children.

True.

One would have thought so, until he ended up on the empty porch, saying he didn't know where his family was...
And dug himself into quite a deep hole:
Quote from the infamous porch/hipster tv interview:
“I just want everybody to come home,” Chris Watts said. “Wherever they’re at come home. That’s what I want.” When asked by the reporter if he had fought with his wife before she disappeared he said, “It wasn’t like an argument. We had an emotional conversation, I’ll leave it at that. But I just want them back. I just want them to come back. And if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart. Because if they are safe, they’re coming back. But if they’re not, this has got to stop. Somebody has to come forward.”
Lies, lies and more LIES. And he has the nerve to use the word SAFE?

If his children were dead, what would be the point of calling LE? He was looking at prison.
How did he know they were dead? IMO, any normal person would move heaven and earth to get paramedics there if he had only stepped out of the room for a "moment." The affidavit says he saw SW on the monitor actively strangling Celeste. If his fairy tale were true, he could have saved her life.
MOO

Unless I'm mistaken we don't know how the bodies were found.
No one who hides bodies is trying to preserve evidence, IMO. Nobody who hides something in an oil tank is trying to preserve it as evidence, IMO. No loving father's first thought after seeing his daughter strangled is to not call 911 and within the hour be driving to dump her in an oil tank, wrapped or not, IMO.

And dug himself into quite a deep hole:
Quote from the infamous porch/hipster tv interview:
“I just want everybody to come home,” Chris Watts said. “Wherever they’re at come home. That’s what I want.” When asked by the reporter if he had fought with his wife before she disappeared he said, “It wasn’t like an argument. We had an emotional conversation, I’ll leave it at that. But I just want them back. I just want them to come back. And if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart. Because if they are safe, they’re coming back. But if they’re not, this has got to stop. Somebody has to come forward.”
Lies, lies and more LIES.
Chuckle, chuckle, "I love these shirts." Pfft
MOO

Our first and ONLY thought was to call 911 and start resuscitation until the ambulance arrived.
If his children were dead, what would be the point of calling LE? He was looking at prison.

If his story was true and his wife did kill them, why wouldn't he want LE there? A crime had just been committed.

But wouldn't that mean that she had full custody and his child support payments would be higher?

She would have to sue for custody. He would have to show a pattern of not taking them which would take awhile.

Not sure what would happen with child support.

My husband had to garnishee money from wages of his employees that did not pay. It seemed like it was a set amount in MN. Something like 30% for the first child and then I have no idea. Some of the guys had several marriages with different wives and I am not sure how all of that child support works out.

I do know it used to drive my husband crazy about them complaining. They would complain about the amount and he said they were lucky because 100% of his money went for our family

He would be on the hook for at least half of their health insurance, which probably came from his job benefits.And for the medial costs not covered fully by Ins.

He would be expected to pay for education/day care costs. And she did work from home some of the time, but not always. So there would be some day care needed.

He made more money than she did, so I expect he would be responsible for more of the costs as well.

On top of that, he would be expected to take them many weekends. Did he want that? I am not convinced that he did. I think he really liked those 5 weeks of bachelorhood.
him telling reporters he couldn't possibly stay in the house again after ONE night without his family (when at this stage they could walk in the door??)
he has just spent 5 weeks alone in the house with out them....think he coped ok.

Last edited:
Our first and ONLY thought was to call 911 and start resuscitation until the ambulance arrived.

If his story was true and his wife did kill them, why wouldn't he want LE there? A crime had just been committed.
Anybody who has seen a murder committed is going to call 911 or hit the home alarm button. It is illogical to think someone would load up the bodies of their children and their wife, drive 45 minutes to dispose them in one of the most disgusting, inhumane and disrespectful ways imaginable and then go to work like nothing happened. If that's his defense, his goose is cooked. In fact, he's goose jerky.
MOO

him telling reporters he couldn't possibly stay in the house again after ONE night without his family (when at this stage they could walk in the door??)
he has just spent 5 weeks alone in the house with them....think he coped ok.

He couldn't possibly stay one night in his house alone despite having done it for 5 weeks, yet he could wear the present that his wife bought him-the same wife who'd supposedly brutally murdered his kids the night before.

No. Child support is separate from visitation.
If he had visitation then he would be paying support. Whoever does not have primary physical custody pays support. In other words where the child lives most of the time, that parent has primary physical custody, even if custody is shared. Not sure how it works in Colarado, but it must be similar.

Would it not be a reasonable assumption that he was distant and preoccupied because he was having an affair, rather than plotting his families demise?
Yes, I think he likely started his affair in earnest during the 5 weeks Shanann and the girls were in NC without him and when he deactivated his FB and came to visit, she really felt the distance like never before. ( I think the flirting and hints of having an affair with his co-worker were already happening during work hours, but never acted on until she was out of state - and I don't believe any of the other AP's at all). I don't think he thought out or planned the killings for any super significant amount of time. I think he just felt cornered/trapped/backed in and made the decision without much thought of what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288