Found Deceased UK - Thomas Jones, 18, Worcester, 19 Sep 2018

If Tom was with someone or waiting for someone, the only reason I can think he didn't want his friends to know is because it was a guy. Lads tend to brag about girls they are hooking up with. Bromsgrove, the village where Tom is from is small, and word getting back of him hooking up with a guy would certainly spread through old friend groups quickly, which is perhaps why he especially didn't want his friend from his hometown to know who he was waiting for.

I think the reason Tom went out that night was because of this particular person, and possibly they met the night before or have been messaging online for some time. Its likely Tom felt safe around this person and he was probably quite attractive and a bit older than Tom. But at the same time whoever he was waiting for, was playing Tom around a bit by making him wait around a lot. Tom was eager to please this person and was making up excuses to keep his friends and family quiet. I think whoever it was picked him up after the footbridge.

If Tom was with someone or waiting for someone, the only reason I can think he didn't want his friends to know is because it was a guy. Lads tend to brag about girls they are hooking up with. Bromsgrove, the village where Tom is from is small, and word getting back of him hooking up with a guy would certainly spread through old friend groups quickly, which is perhaps why he especially didn't want his friend from his hometown to know who he was waiting for.

I think the reason Tom went out that night was because of this particular person, and possibly they met the night before or have been messaging online for some time. Its likely Tom felt safe around this person and he was probably quite attractive and a bit older than Tom. But at the same time whoever he was waiting for, was playing Tom around a bit by making him wait around a lot. Tom was eager to please this person and was making up excuses to keep his friends and family quiet. I think whoever it was picked him up after the footbridge.

I think if that was the case, he wouldve went to a uni further from home.

At 16:55 it was reported in the Find Jonah! group on Facebook that a body, not formally identified yet, has been found in the River Severn this afternoon.

This is my first comment/post on any of the threads and I am unsure as to whether I am able to post the full Admin post from the Facebook group.

Terribly sad news :(

Police pull body of missing university fresher, 18, from River Severn after he vanished on night out while just 'two minutes' from home

Police searching for a missing university student have recovered a body from a river, it was revealed today.

West Mercia Police recovered the body of 18-year-old Tom Jones from the River Severn in Worcester today.

Officers had cordoned off an area around by the river close to Worcester Cricket Club shortly before 4pm today.

Missing student was 'waiting for someone' before he vanished | Daily Mail Online

After the very dry summer we've had there won't be much rainwater coming off the Welsh mountains. I would expect the river to be flowing pretty sluggishly.

You're right, but still, he could have gone miles and not ever been found. Small mercies and all that.

I'm guessing the post mortem will show he drowned and be ruled an accident. We shall see. Perhaps something else went on that night. RIP young man.

A sad but not unexpected outcome

RIP Tom, I suspect we won't fully find out what happened in that last hour from 3am but I do think an accident is most likely and that toxicology tests may very well show some form of intoxication.

I feel very much for his poor parents especially having spoken to him so shortly before he vanished.

A sad but not unexpected outcome

RIP Tom, I suspect we won't fully find out what happened in that last hour from 3am but I do think an accident is most likely and that toxicology tests may very well show some form of intoxication.

I feel very much for his poor parents especially having spoken to him so shortly before he vanished.

I know, Suzy. They thought he was safe. Heartbreaking.

Am I correct in thinking that the police haven't done any proper press conference in this case , all i have seen is twitter updates, i feel sorry for the two guys arrested for murder, now that really does need explained, if this turns out to be just a simple accident then the police will be eating large portions of humble pie,

Am I correct in thinking that the police haven't done any proper press conference in this case , all i have seen is twitter updates, i feel sorry for the two guys arrested for murder, now that really does need explained, if this turns out to be just a simple accident then the police will be eating large portions of humble pie,

At least the two men weren't named this time. Perhaps, finally, our media is beginning to learn.

At least the two men weren't named this time. Perhaps, finally, our media is beginning to learn.
They Maybe not have been named in the press but what i can gather it was comon knowledge around Worcester who they are, tongues wag and all that , the police really should do the right thing and explain things as they are no longer under investigation ,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back