VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

yes,,,,here's an updated article....it mentions the two hours in betw shootings....apparently LE had reason to think that the shooter left, after killing two people at the first bldg....hmmmm

good article with several videos...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

here's hoping your daughter's friend is safe & sound....

Thanks for the link.

Asked why the campus, which has more than 26,000 students, was not shut down after the first shooting, Flinchum responded that police determined "it was an isolated event to that building and the decision was made not to cancel classes at that time."

Steger added, "We had some reason to believe the shooter had left campus."

This info was in the article you mentioned. I really can't believe they didn't shut the entire campus down for the day...or until they located the shooter.

I did email someone who knows this family to see if I can find anything out about her. I sure hope she's fine, but I just can't stop thinking about all those kids...and their families. It makes sick.

I wonder if the killer was an engineering student? My son and husband are engineers, and my son has told me several stories of students who just came unglued. While he was in engineering school, they had at least two suicides a year. My son was talking to himself after his first semester. It was so stressful. I am not in any way defending the killer, but just wondering out loud where he fits into this group of people. My son had 12 in his graduating class. They admitted 64. It was really a tough and stressful program.

Guest Book for

Virginia Tech Shooting Victims

leaf_top.gif

Page 1 of 27

http://www.legacy.com/roanoke/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=87298850

Oh yes Floh, you are so right.

It is good to see you Misterallgood, and thanks for your info. I do agree with Close though that whoever the sicko is that wrote these posts we have here from myspace needs to be looked at by LE. I wonder if there is a crime in what he did? Maybe not because of free speech. I think in saying he set this up and planned it to fool LE is enough tho.

But I do respect your opinion Mr A, and would love to hear what you think about that.

Scandi

Oh, the guy needs to be slapped, at the least, arrested at the most. I hope he at least gets hauled in and grilled mercilessly.

And he should be watched, closely. There might be something of a terroristic threatening charge in what he wrote, but it's on the line. Either way he's a %*#$ing *advertiser censored**hole of the worst sort.

Steve

Every student that I've heard interviewed on Fox has said that the campus acted totally appropriately and did everything they reasonably to keep them safe considering the situation. The media is out of control in trying to make the news rather than just reporting it.

Indeed. Virginia Tech has a daytime population of 25-30,000 people. Just like many small cities. We don't evacuate entire cities every time there's a case of domestic violence (as this case seemed to be at 8 a.m.), even if there is a double murder.

I wrote a post above, but it was shuffled during the forum glitch earlier. I was teaching at UCLA during the L.A. riots of the early 1990s. In response to threats that the university population would be targeted on the second day of rioting (which did not happen BTW), they TRIED to evacuate the campus; as a result, 60,000 of us hit the parking lots at the same moment. Took me over 3 hours just to get out of one particular parking lot.

Talk about sitting targets for a shooter! Not only can a large university NOT put an armed guard in front of every classroom, sending everyone out at once in response to a crisis can cause its own problems.

Argh, I flipped between news channels and everyone has different updates about this shooting. One channel said that "they" no longer think this started w/a domestic dispute, whereas another said "they" think that's what started the whole thing.

The guy carried no identifying paperwork and he shot himself in the face after killing someone else's children. Nice.

I hope he's enjoying the heat where he's at right now.

From what I have heard/read this all started with the shooter going into the dorm and killing a male and a female at 7 am this morning. I think there was definitely a "personal" reason for that shooting. I don't know if the victim was a former girlfriend or just someone the shooter had a crush on. This is all so terrible. One girl that was in the German class during the shooting said that there were around 23 students in the class this morning and only four were able to walk out. The rest were dead or injured including the teacher Jaime Bishop. :( She wasn't sure if the teacher was alive or not.

From what I have heard/read this all started with the shooter going into the dorm and killing a male and a female at 7 am this morning. I think there was definitely a "personal" reason for that shooting. I don't know if the victim was a former girlfriend or just someone the shooter had a crush on. This is all so terrible. One girl that was in the German class during the shooting said that there were around 23 students in the class this morning and only four were able to walk out. The rest were dead or injured including the teacher Jaime Bishop. :( She wasn't sure if the teacher was alive or not.

Wasn't the first male victim shot in the groin? Sounds pretty personal to me.

Presser w/ the PD chief saying the lst shooting poi is not the one shot in the second shooting.

Wasn't the first male victim shot in the groin? Sounds pretty personal to me.

I heard that somewhere, but can't find it in any of the stories, but that would definitely indicate a personal reason for shooting that person. Are the two from victims from the morning shooting both dead? I haven't found too much info on that shooting.

I heard that somewhere, but can't find it in any of the stories, but that would definitely indicate a personal reason for shooting that person. Are the two from victims from the morning shooting both dead? I haven't found too much info on that shooting.

I take that back. I just found an article that says both victims of the early shooting are both deceased, but little is known about it. They told students it stemmed from a domestic dispute between a boyfriend and girlfriend.

Yes, both a female and a male from the 1st shooting are dead

Yes, both a female and a male from the 1st shooting are dead

They are saying the shooter shot himself in the face and part of his face was missing making him hard to identify since he was carrying no ID. If none of the witnesses recognized him I guess they will identify him through the first two victims. They say he was wearing a boyscout type outfit, a black vest (possibly bullet proof) and he said nothing and was "very serious" (I guess that means no expression on his face) while he was shooting the victims.

Presser w/ the PD chief saying the lst shooting poi is not the one shot in the second shooting.

Man, that Chief is talking in circles. After listening to him, I'm not sure if the 2 shootings are related or not.:confused: He almost makes it sound like there is another person, a POI.

This is just terrible...my thoughts and prayers to the children and families involved.

Huh? omg, do you mean there are 2 shooters? And the first shooter is still loose??? I'm confused.

Yes, that is what the chief was indicating. The dead shooter from the 2nd shooting,they have a preliminary ID, they have a poi from the 1st shooting but he is not the second shooter. Does that make sense?

Yes, that is what the chief was indicating. The dead shooter from the 2nd shooting,they have a preliminary ID, they have a poi from the 1st shooting but he is not the second shooter. Does that make sense?

Chillingly, yes. Thanks.

:eek: What are the chances they are not related? Oh my two separate shooters. I'm in shock. How horribly sad this whole thing is.

Earlier today, "Unknown" had 3 friends on his list (including Tom) on the myspace; the other friend had deleted herself a couple minutes after i had looked at the profile; she had commented his blog, her name is Shiki The spelling is weird she had a heart symbol before the "S" in her name and after the last "i" is a TM like a trademark symbol. Her name and profile picture appear on the first page of his first blog in the comments. I can't get into her profile (it won't load- dial up too slow here) If anyone can, it might be worth checking out as he only had the 3 friends this morning; 2 of which deleted themselves off his list.

As to whether or not this person was involved with the shootings or crying for attention, people are pissed in his blog. One of the comments says he is in the UK I am wondering if random people are just posting some of them to throw off LE.. "Unknown"' now "Error" (he changed his myspace name) has a friend Billy..
I am thinking this guy keeps up making new profiles to mess with people getting his sick attention. He may have added Billy who is clueless to who is he or what he is doing.
Billy's link:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=21720266

If there were 2 shooters, do you think it likely that they had a similiar resemblance physically do throw off people? Or in their dress?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back