VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was on that jury, after that redirect, and Rowlett saying this case was a puzzle and after 4 years of putting it together, that end picture is that Quinton did it..... My mind would be made up. Tellis is quilty.

THe female defense attorney is annoying. I’m not really sure what she’s trying to accomplish, but rowlett isn’t falling for it. Lol
I like her. I'd definitely want her as my attorney if (god forbid...touch wood) I'm ever charged in a murder case.
Why does QT call JC “Base” in the text message at 7:42pm? Another example of random nicknames for people.
I'm thinking "auto correct" i.e. it was supposed to be "Bae"

Reactions: d4j
That's what I thought. I don't get it either, but it's used a lot.
I saw "Bae" too, which if you think about it, makes sense. Not unusual for guys to call females "Bae" if they're seeing them. MOO

I just can't get this poor girl off my mind.It's so horrible to think how she suffered and I can't imagine how her family feels.I hope justice will be done because I totally believe this man killed her.He has told so many lies and his explanation about how he got burned made zero sense.

"Mystery Man" solved -- Willie Taylor. The car tag from concerned first responders was indeed traced, and person(s) involved cleared by LE. Taylor's wife had heard about the fire and could not reach her daughter by phone. Since she lived near the scene, she was concerned about her well-being. So she sent her husband to check on things. The reason he was distracted and unresponsive to the FF's at the scene is because he was only concerned about his daughter and nothing else. His wife will be asked to testify to this, since he is an over-the-road trucker and is not in town. I believe she was added to the list of witnesses this (Thurs) morning, before the jury was brought in by the Judge. Maj. Barry Thompson was then called as today's first witness, to provide an explanation about the morning's "field trip" by the jury, court officers, and press to the crime scene and related stops. This info gleaned from Therese Apel (Clarion-Ledger) twitter feed.

(@TRex21) | Twitter

Regards,
Clouseau

I really wish they would have cleared this up at the last trial. It totally makes sense now and it’s nice to know there’s not another potential suspect out there as the first trial sort of left us to believe.
calo44,

In reviewing my notes from the first trial, the defense definitely brought this specific person up in their closing argument, in order to cast doubt on the prosecution's case against Tellis.

The defense reviewed how the tag of the vehicle of the "strange man" on the scene had been taken down by fire fighters and given to Daniel Cole, who in turn gave it to Lt. Dickson -- described by the defense as the investigator who failed to extend the crime scene tape beyond the area around the car. They described this assumed failure in follow-up on one particular suspect as "another detail overlooked."

I think I can say with certainty the "Mystery Man" will be a detail overlooked by the defense in their closing argument this time.

Regards,
Clouseau

Why does QT call JC “Base” in the text message at 7:42pm? Another example of random nicknames for people.

Maybe he meant 'Bae' (which I don't get that one either, TBH) and it autocorrected to 'Base'.

That's what I thought. I don't get it either, but it's used a lot.

I like her. I'd definitely want her as my attorney if (god forbid...touch wood) I'm ever charged in a murder case.

I'm thinking "auto correct" i.e. it was supposed to be "Bae"

I saw "Bae" too, which if you think about it, makes sense. Not unusual for guys to call females "Bae" if they're seeing them. MOO

I’ve seen Bae stand for Before All Else.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 26s26 seconds ago
At 7:42 p.m., #QuintonTellis calls #JessicaChambers and sends her a text that says "Base my friend is com in over tonight. Emma call u tomorrow. Goodnite. Sweet Dreams."

---------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me please. Was the above text from QT to JC deleted on his phone and it has been recovered, along with all the other text messages he deleted?
UndiscoveredTruth,

I can answer that. Jessica's cell phone carrier was Verizon, Tellis had AT&T. Different carriers have different policies on text messages. Verizon preserves copies for some period of time, but AT&T does not. So once an AT&T-generated message is deleted from both the sender and receiver's phones, it is gone forever. Tellis had told investigators he deleted all text messages to and from Jessica from his phone, so it would not have been possible to retrieve anything from it, or copies from AT&T which does not keep any. That tells me anything recovered that originated from Tellis had to have been still stored on Jessica's phone, otherwise it would not have been possible to retrieve it, either from his phone or from AT&T.

Regards,
Clouseau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members