Supreme Court Nominee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just starting reading up thread but wanted to mention polygraphs. Kavanaugh said he hadn't taken one; "not reliable" he told Sen Kamala Harris. But in 2016 he issued a ruling stating that polygraphs were reliable, important tool in law enforcement "? What is he afraid of?
I don't believe any attorney would volunteer to take a poly.

My husband just brought up an interesting idea, that the FBI investigation will look at Dr. Ford, and see what can be dug up...to completely discredit her charges.

Of course. This is exactly why so many women do not report sexual assaults. Why would you set yourself up to be assaulted all over again by the "justice" system? We all know how it works.

Well we can probably all agree that we want justice and truth to prevail. I take that as a given why most of us are here. We have all seen people wrongly accused before and what that can do to someone's life. So we shall wait patiently to see if there is any merit to the accusations and justice is done to the laws of our system as we know it.

Sexual assault is a more complicated issue than petty theft and it is hard for majority of women to come forward. Dr Ford wanted to remain anonymous-- that is why her story didn't come out right away.
But she could have remained anonymous! That is how the system works! The accused has a right to face their accuser only when enough evidence has been found that the accuser is correct. I have been through this sexual assault, more than once (unfortunately). I have been through the trials, the lies (about what happened). I have heard, ‘he is a good man who did a bad thing’ . I have seen how the sex offender counseling system works (a joke). I have seen the court system hand a child over to a lying misogynistic racist because they believed him over me! (She is a now a beautiful woman who knows who her dad really is).
Almost every woman I know from my generation and the next has been sexually assaulted in some way. We are survivors! We are the ones who have made it to the other side!

For Sen. Feinstein to have not move heaven and earth to help this woman, given the incredible tools she has is unconscionable.

Moo

Sorry, ws is being wonky and eloquence is not my forte. (Plus my Buckeyes are struggling),

Moo.
I still don’t understand how it came to this. Sen. Feinstein has been in DC for a long time. Many SC confirmations have come before her. A woman (presumably her constituent) writes a letter in July with concerns about a SC nominee. She asks for anonymity. Sen. Feinstein knows many people and processes in DC. Nothing was done. (Huh?)

Sometime in September, the letter is ‘leaked’ (but not by the Senator or any of her staff). JK hearings are over and they are ready to vote. All of a sudden BOOM!

Why didn’t Sen. Feinstein do something earlier (while keeping Dr. Ford anonymous)? Did she not care? Did she forget? Did she not know what to do? Simply following the processes in place (ie. report, investigate, conclude) would have eliminated ALL of this.

These are simple steps that most people know. I just don’t get it. Moo

Why aren’t these questions being asked?

These questions WERE asked. Did you watch the hearings?

Well we can probably all agree that we want justice and truth to prevail. I take that as a given why most of us are here. We have all seen people wrongly accused before and what that can do to someone's life. So we shall wait patiently to see if there is any merit to the accusations and justice is done to the laws of our system as we know it.

We're not allowed to victim blame in this thread, fyi.

Moo.
I still don’t understand how it came to this. Sen. Feinstein has been in DC for a long time. Many SC confirmations have come before her. A woman (presumably her constituent) writes a letter in July with concerns about a SC nominee. She asks for anonymity. Sen. Feinstein knows many people and processes in DC. Nothing was done. (Huh?)

Sometime in September, the letter is ‘leaked’ (but not by the Senator or any of her staff). JK hearings are over and they are ready to vote. All of a sudden BOOM!

Why didn’t Sen. Feinstein do something earlier (while keeping Dr. Ford anonymous)? Did she not care? Did she forget? Did she not know what to do? Simply following the processes in place (ie. report, investigate, conclude) would have eliminated ALL of this.

These are simple steps that most people know. I just don’t get it. Moo

Why aren’t these questions being asked?
The questions were asked at the hearing and they are still being asked. I think Ford's attorneys leaked the letter to the WaPo. I also think the FBI will find out who leaked it. JMO

Sexual assault is a more complicated issue than petty theft and it is hard for majority of women to come forward. Dr Ford wanted to remain anonymous-- that is why her story didn't come out right away. I'm sorry if you were a victim. Scary how common it is--1 in 3 women!
She did want to remain anonymous. So why did her attorneys refuse the Committee's offer to fly to Cali and meet with her in private? JMO

The questions were asked at the hearing and they are still being asked. I think Ford's attorneys leaked the letter to the WaPo. I also think the FBI will find out who leaked it. JMO
Wrong. Dr Ford contacted WaPo tip line in July then directly this past month per her testimony. I do not have any faith in the FBI investigation as Trump is trying to limit and obstruct justice.

I don't know who the victim is

I think she meant JK who is also a victim.

Will this FBI investigation reveal which one of the two is lying, and if so, will the one who is, be prosecuted in any way?

To quote @sillybilly from thread #1:

In answer to a query upthread ...

Unless Tricia decides otherwise, Kavanaugh is the accused and his accusers are considered the victims in this matter. They are to be discussed according to Websleuths victim friendly policies.

and @sillybilly here: Supreme Court Nominee

It's the standard Websleuths TOS ... you may discuss what is said in MSM about the main case players. If there is information about, or statements by the accusers in MSM, that may be discussed.

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

What you cannot do is speculate negatively about or cast aspersions against the victims.

Any questions, please send a private message to WS staff.

Last edited:
SBM
I would agree he was always a bad candidate for democrats, but I think he would be a great Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.

Here's the thing...the Supreme Court justices serve for every American, regardless of political affiliation. I truly believe it's not too much to ask that every justice be 100% above reproach. Their decisions affect all of us and will affect future generations as well. It is a big deal.

For me, it's now gone far beyond the sexual assault allegation. The way Kavanaugh conducted himself at the hearing on Thursday was horrific, IMO. I believe all Americans deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa