Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a case in the UK where a man was strangled, the attacker put him in a shallow, not-covered grave and left him there. I think it was hours later when a passer-by heard some odd sounds coming from over a fence and went to investigate (he might have walked by the first time and investigated an hour or so later on his way back) and he found the victim and called LE and an ambulance. The victim was still alive. Sadly he died about two days later in hospital, hopefully with a relative or at least a nurse holding his hand as he passed.

So, yes, an attacker can walk away thinking that the victim is dead, and in reality there might still be life there. CW really should have called 911, and I really wonder what could have been going through his head to convince him to hide the bodies instead of calling for help.
My worst nightmare, being buried alive!!!

I wonder why he put each child in a separate container. It was a lot of extra work. Or for that matter, put them in the oil tanks at all. He dumped SW's body, why not just leave the kids there as well?

I don't think that he planned out the disposal very well. Seems disorganized to me. I think that he fantasized about killing his family, and something set him off, who knows what...and the reality of the actual follow through was extremely sloppy, and rather frantic.

I'm also curious why he didn't put both children into the same tank. Can the levels of oil in the tanks be read from the main building and he wanted both tanks to go up by a more level amount instead of only having one rise by a larger amount?

Not 1 arm scratch on CW sounds like it was premeditated and he was fully clothed or covered them with sheets before the ambush. Jmo
I wonder whether the kids were sedated w/ something like
Benadryl first.

There was a scratch on CW's neck when he was being interviewed on the porch.
I think a hickey would have been more rounded and not a thin arch mark like what we saw on his neck.

I believe that if SW saw that the girls had been murdered she would have screamed her lungs out--far louder than Dieter's barking. The whole neighborhood would have been awakened. So, I think it's more likely that she thought they were asleep or she was ambushed by CW.

There was a case in the UK where a man was strangled, the attacker put him in a shallow, not-covered grave and left him there. I think it was hours later when a passer-by heard some odd sounds coming from over a fence and went to investigate (he might have walked by the first time and investigated an hour or so later on his way back) and he found the victim and called LE and an ambulance. The victim was still alive. Sadly he died about two days later in hospital, hopefully with a relative or at least a nurse holding his hand as he passed.

So, yes, an attacker can walk away thinking that the victim is dead, and in reality there might still be life there. CW really should have called 911, and I really wonder what could have been going through his head to convince him to hide the bodies instead of calling for help.

I believe that this could be true. Children are amazingly resilient, their little bodies are compact, tough, and not to be gruesome, it takes a significant amount of effort to kill a child. Even if they seem "dead", they can come back to life. They can have a core temperature of 60°, and come back, be without air, and get back. It is truly miraculous.

So, that scenario is very possible. That one of the babies, actually was partially alive, barely and did breathe in oil when thrown in the tank. CW may not have even noticed. It could have been an involuntary reaction from being put in the oil.

Ugh. It makes him all the more repulsive. They just need to play that video of CeCe singing how much she loves her Daddy. The jury will despise him.

It's quite confounding because anyone could see that earth had been dug up there. Even if he managed to move her later. And it would take a while to do. Why not just dump her on the side of the road somewhere in a ditch?

I'm confounded by this as well. If he had managed to come back out, remove SW's body and fill in the grave with dirt, and even if he managed to do a really good job filling it in, I think it would have still be very obvious to LE that the earth had been disturbed.

My multi-quote isn't working at the moment.

#107 @Tippy Lynn

The problem is what you think you would do and what you actually do in an event like this might be completely different.

#112 @MsBetsy
True but I can't see how any parent would not just automatically come to the child's rescue immediately, without having to think at all. It's more like an automatic response. Imo

I've been in a life or death situation twice in my life, and you're right McBetsy, you don't think, you just instantly react. There is no thought process at all.

My multi-quote isn't working at the moment.

#107 @Tippy Lynn

The problem is what you think you would do and what you actually do in an event like this might be completely different.

#112 @MsBetsy
True but I can't see how any parent would not just automatically come to the child's rescue immediately, without having to think at all. It's more like an automatic response. Imo

I've been in a life or death situation twice in my life, and you're right McBetsy, you don't think, you just instantly react. There is no thought process at all.

Yep, adrenaline and instinct kick in immediately.

You would save your babies, no question.

I think there are oil wells all over the Denver area, some producing more oil than others. And those that do produce more oil, require more maintenance. CW’s chosen oil field only produced 200 gallons per month, and I think that means it was left untended to for long periods of time. I think C.W. knew this, and for that reason chose this location. I think he thought he was going to get away with it.

I am thinking, over time, what would happen to the bodies.
What would happen to the young bones?
Was he thinking, they would never be located, and that young bones disintegrate.
He may be the one, who would empty the tank, to clean in time, and would remove any remains
I have no idea, all my own thoughts.

I wonder whether the kids were sedated w/ something like
Benadryl first.

There was a scratch on CW's neck when he was being interviewed on the porch.
I think a hickey would have been more rounded and not a thin arch mark like what we saw on his neck.

I believe that if SW saw that the girls had been murdered she would have screamed her lungs out--far louder than Dieter's barking. The whole neighborhood would have been awakened. So, I think it's more likely that she thought they were asleep or she was ambushed by CW.
Just from SM posts, it seems like Benadryl was in use on a regular basis in this family, so it's very believable that CW could have administered this to the girls before bed .

For whatever reason, I cannot shake the feeling that CW intended to bury ALL of them, but ran out of time (due to the rocky, tough CO soil) and buried ONLY Shanann and had to make a last ditch decision concerning the kids and putting them in oil tanks.

If memory serves, he did not "confess" until after the drone footage and bedsheet were seen near what looked like a shallow grave. I do not know if they had already gone to the grave site, but I believe he knew his goose was cooked because they had located the approximate site of the remains and he would be the only culprit, given the locked up house and security camera footage he already knew he was dealing with...it certainly did not seem like a conscience come clean, IMO.

And the sheet found at the tank site matched the top sheet and pillowcases found in the kitchen trash can. His goose was not only cooked, it was burnt to a crisp.

He did not fill the tanks nor did he remove oil from the tanks. He maintained the site.. gauging the tanks & keeping things running.

I thought he was maybe a pumper as well. Was he a field engineer? I am confused about his exact job des
RSBM

It's not usual to have locks on our bedroom doors in Oz. Is that common in the US?

But not usually in the young children's rooms. You don't want your 3 yr old locking you out of her room.

A teen, that's preferable, for parent and offspring...

I thought he was maybe a pumper as well. Was he a field engineer? I am confused about his exact job des

But not usually in the young children's rooms. You don't want your 3 yr old locking you out of her room.

A teen, that's preferable, for parent and offspring...

During a recent build, when researching door handles/locks etc., I was advised, that locks should not be placed on inner doors.
A young child, was playing with matches, and locked the door.
His Mum couldn't get into the room.
He died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members