GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Sidney and Tammy Moorer cases to be heard by different judges, SC Supreme Court ruling says

Supreme Court Justice Donald Beatty denied the request from the 15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office to move all the Moorers’ proceedings to one judge. The judge’s ruling notes the cases should be handled in "ordinary fashion" for Horry County General Session cases:

"The State has filed an Expedited Motion to Consolidate Jurisdiction of All Pending Indictments in a Single Judge or in the Alternative for Cases to be Handled by the Fifteenth Circuit Chief Administrative Judge of General Sessions. This motions is denied, and these cases should be handled in the ordinary fashion currently in place in Horry County for General Sessions matters. Nothing in this Order prevents the joinder of some or all of these charges in a single trial as to either or both defendants before The Honorable R. Markley Dennis, Jr., subject to the normal rules."

Tammy Moorer’s kidnapping trial is set to begin Oct. 8.

Oh my. I was so invested in Heather’s disappearance and am fully aware of all the outrageous circumstances. I followed along as one by one, the lies/truth/rumors/facts came trickling out. This is one trial I will be watching very closely. Thanks Jersey.
I followed very closely for a long time, but once it all became a monumental circus I stepped away.
Wasn't TM preggo when arrested? I never followed up so just wondering where that kid went, and the others.

I followed very closely for a long time, but once it all became a monumental circus I stepped away.
Wasn't TM preggo when arrested? I never followed up so just wondering where that kid went, and the others.
It’s been awhile. I’ll need to refresh. I think I remember she miscarried after it was questionable if she ever was pregnant. Found it:

“Caison confirmed that Tammy Moorer lost her child, which until now had only been speculated about on social media. She said it happened shortly after Tammy sought and was denied bond reconsideration in May on the grounds that she was pregnant.

At that hearing, her defense attorney Greg McCollum said Moorer tested positive in two separate evaluations. He said she tested negative in a test administered at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

“She was trying to get pregnant prior to her arrest,” McCollum said at the hearing. “This is something she and her husband [Sidney] were trying to do.”

Donna Elder, then a senior assistant solicitor with the 15th Judicial Circuit, questioned whether the pregnancy was viable.

"Ms. Moorer has continued to refuse prenatal vitamins and prenatal care. She refuses to be seen by an OB-GYN," Elder said at the hearing.

Tammy, her mother said, has lost considerable weight, dropping from a size 16 to a size 6.”
Caisons discuss Tammy Moorer pregnancy, harassment and Heather Elvis case

The cases of Sidney and Tammy Moorer will be heard by different judges, according to a ruling by South Carolina’s Supreme Court.

The state’s Supreme Court rejected Horry County prosecution’s effort to have both Heather Elvis kidnapping suspects seen by one judge. Tammy Moorer is scheduled to go to trial next week in connection with the kidnapping charges.
Sidney and Tammy Moorer cases to be heard by different judges, SC Supreme Court ruling says

The S.C. Supreme Court denied a motion from the 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office on Sept. 26 to move the cases for Tammy Moorer and her co-defendant, Sidney Moorer, under one judge.

The court stated that the cases should be handled in the ordinary fashion currently in place in Horry County for General Sessions cases.

The Moorers have been charged with conspiracy to kidnap and kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis.
Trial for Tammy Moorer scheduled to start Monday

Two jurors say they faced harassment inside the jury room and following the trial of Sidney Moore for his alleged role in the Heather Elvis kidnapping.

One juror reported they faced harassment and intimidation from other jurors as they deliberated Moorer’s guilt. That trial ended in a mistrial.

Another juror reported threats and harassment — mostly on social media — after the trial.

Defense attorneys for Tammy Moorer used the jurors’ statements during a Wednesday court hearing as they argued that Tammy’s trial should be moved from Horry County. Judge Benjamin Culbertson rejected that effort.
Here is what jurors faced after the first trials over Heather Elvis’ kidnapping
upload_2018-10-1_14-2-26.jpeg

It’s been awhile. I’ll need to refresh. I think I remember she miscarried after it was questionable if she ever was pregnant. Found it:

“Caison confirmed that Tammy Moorer lost her child, which until now had only been speculated about on social media. She said it happened shortly after Tammy sought and was denied bond reconsideration in May on the grounds that she was pregnant.

At that hearing, her defense attorney Greg McCollum said Moorer tested positive in two separate evaluations. He said she tested negative in a test administered at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

Caisons discuss Tammy Moorer pregnancy, harassment and Heather Elvis case

I don't tink she was ever pregnant during that time (Tammy). It's the defense and her mother who claimed she was pregnant but a test administered by the detention center came back negative.

I think it was ploy to get her out of custody at the time of their arrest.

forgot to add....

and mentioning Tammy being pregnant was a way for the defense to plant the seed among the potential jurors as to who did Sidney REALLY bought that pregnancy test for on the night of Heather's kidnapping and murder.

Last edited:
I don't tink she was ever pregnant during that time (Tammy). It's the defense and her mother who claimed she was pregnant but a test administered by the detention center came back negative.

I think it was ploy to get her out of custody at the time of their arrest.

forgot to add....

and mentioning Tammy being pregnant was a way for the defense to plant the seed among the potential jurors as to who did Sidney REALLY buy that pregnancy test for on the night of Heather's kidnapping and murder.
Right on the money!

I have a tweeter bookmarked & just looked to see if she mentioned anything about the trial. Nothing... I'll keep an eye out on her site.
But I'm sure someone here will post a link - & I have no problem posting the tweets for the beginning of the day to post the tweets. And keeponsearching I'm 7 hours ahead - I'll be here in the morning part! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member