Supreme Court Nominee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Hartmann, a spokesman for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said that “the texts from Ms. Berchem do not appear relevant or contradictory to Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony."

"This appears to be another last-ditch effort to derail the nomination with baseless innuendo by Democrats who have already decided to vote no," Hartmann said.

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public

That response just isn't gonna fly at this point. She went directly to the FBI. The emails existence is now public.

I'm starting to think it's possible K. isn't going to make it over the finish line, and the drawing out of this story is now more about riling the base for midterms than anything else.

K going down would NOT be good news for Dems, but oh my, it sure would mean the Court's legitimacy dodged a very big & unnecessary bullet.

That response just isn't gonna fly at this point. She went directly to the FBI. The emails existence is now public.

I'm starting to think it's possible K. isn't going to make it over the finish line, and the drawing out of this story is now more about riling the base for midterms than anything else.

K going down would NOT be good news for Dems, but oh my, it sure would mean the Court's legitimacy dodged a very big & unnecessary bullet.

this is sad ==global news is talking about our SC nominee and farting and were talking MSM media across the globe oh my

iirc, wasn't her friend dating him or Kavanaugh or something like that? It's out there somewhere — can't get to the link right now.

And, again, I wonder if you're underestimating the fear and denial victims feel, especially when they know they'll likely have to interact with their victimizer at some point in the near future. Trying to act "normal"(ish). Ford described this feeling very well in her written testimony.
And she was 15. These were boys in her social circle and I'm assuming it felt weird trying to figure out what she was supposed to do when encountering them. I don't blame her or question her for not knowing what do to. Plenty of grown women with experience don't know what to do when encountering an offender in a social or public setting, let alone a 15yo. It's not uncommon to pretend nothing bad happened.

jmo

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said that “the texts from Ms. Berchem do not appear relevant or contradictory to Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony."

"This appears to be another last-ditch effort to derail the nomination with baseless innuendo by Democrats who have already decided to vote no," Hartmann said.

Text messages suggest Kavanaugh wanted to refute accuser's claim before it became public
Grassley did not hand over information to FBI.

At first he didn't. When pressured, he admitted he liked beer.

He denied drinking to excess. Then his classmates and friends started coming forward.

He wouldn't answer the question directly in his testimony.

a brand new one just came forward an hour ago described him as a disgusting drunk were in prime time now kinda scared! ha

Info about her witnesses is weak-- one person deceased?

As much as anything else, I don't find it credible that gang rape was a routine & announced feature of parties K attended.

I believe it's possible Judge's ex-GF told the truth about JUDGE once pairing up with another guy & raping a girl too drunk to give consent, but she didn't say K was the other guy. No matter that it seems K was a mean & sloppy drunk who crossed the line more than once-and in an unforgivably big way with Ford, no, I don't believe he is a serial rapist.

Brett has a VERY serious problem if the FBI is allowed to review the emails relating to Ramirez.

He swore under oath that the first he heard of R's allegations was when the New Yorker broke her story.

Whoops. The emails allegedly document that Brett himself contacted friends in JULY to try to get them to refute the allegations.
Is it possible BK got information about the New Yorker article before it actually "hit the stands." In other words, he might have meant he didn't know about Ramirez until he learned that the story was going to be in the New Yorker (as opposed when the issue of the magazine was actually out). Ykwim?

I'm not sure yet this is a smoking gun, though I haven't read the full info yet either.

jmo

As much as anything else, I don't find it credible that gang rape was a routine & announced feature of parties K attended.

I believe it's possible Judge's ex-GF told the truth about JUDGE once pairing up with another guy & raping a girl too drunk to give consent, but she didn't say K was the other guy. No matter that it seems K was a mean & sloppy drunk who crossed the line more than once-and in an unforgivably big way with Ford, no, I don't believe he is a serial rapist.

So, Kavanaugh was part of the rape culture but never “actually” raped anyone because he was a virgin? I’m confused.

I read an article that a lot of young men who commit rapes stop at some point.

There is a thing called "train" rapes and Georgetown prep parties are notorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member