Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be absolutely nothing, but did anyone else notice that the brother reports that she "does not do drugs or alcohol and does not take any medications" and yet the main photo that is circulating is her seated at a dining table with (what appears to be) a glass of wine?

Could be someone else's. Could be an outdated photo too. She and her brother seem very close (he knows a lot about her, her habits, recent things going on in her life) Just seemed odd that he stressed those things so very much in the interview yet the photo of her makes me wonder if he knows everything about her as well as he thinks he does or if he is pressing those points so much for fear people will assume she has a problem/left on her own and as a result, not search or investigate as closely.

I'm rambling at this point. I just found the photo ironic.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...arching-missing-maine-woman/story?id=58237677

Her brother states in the articles that she hadn’t been eating or sleeping normally for at least several before she went missing. If she had an undiagnosed mental health condition, the lack of sleep/nutrition could certainly trigger an episode.

I very much hope she’s found soon.

This may be absolutely nothing, but did anyone else notice that the brother reports that she "does not do drugs or alcohol and does not take any medications" and yet the main photo that is circulating is her seated at a dining table with (what appears to be) a glass of wine?

Could be someone else's. Could be an outdated photo too. She and her brother seem very close (he knows a lot about her, her habits, recent things going on in her life) Just seemed odd that he stressed those things so very much in the interview yet the photo of her makes me wonder if he knows everything about her as well as he thinks he does or if he is pressing those points so much for fear people will assume she has a problem/left on her own and as a result, not search or investigate as closely.

I'm rambling at this point. I just found the photo ironic.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/law-enforcement-dozens-volunteers-searching-missing-maine-woman/story?id=58237677
Good catch! It may be that he meant she didn't normally consume alcohol. I have a family member who would have said she was a "non-drinker" as there was never in alcohol in their home, but if they were out for an anniversary or birthday, she'd have a glass of wine with the meal.

The article states a neighbor's security camera recorded returning to the house around 6 pm the night she went missing. Question: Wouldn't it have ALSO recorded her leaving again? Dozens searching for missing Maine woman: 'This is very abnormal,' says brother

This part has me scratching my head:

Westra had a full dinner on Sunday night but was having trouble falling asleep, Rohrbach said. Her husband believes that she got up around 3 a.m. to try sleeping in an empty room, but when he woke up, he "realized she wasn't there," Rohrbach said.

This update states LE has stopped their search based on "information found in the investigation". It also states she left without keys or vehicle, possibly wearing flip flops (it was a cold rainy night). With the stress of a major home remodel as well as a remodel at her school (which she has to commute to by ferry since they live on the mainland) I'm afraid she had a mental break due to the stress and lack of sleep. Hopefully the neighbor's video will reveal when and how she left the home. Kristin Westra: Mysterious Disappearance of Maine Teacher Worries Family
If I'm ever missing I hope they don't stop searching for me!

Ok, so she was seen returning to the house on the night she went missing, around 6PM but she wasn't seen leaving again?
Could she have left through a back entrance?

Maybe, if she walked, she went in a different direction than that of the neighbor's house, or if it was in the middle of the night it was too dark to see anything?

Playing devil's advocate here.

Westra had a full dinner on Sunday night but was having trouble falling asleep, Rohrbach said. Her husband believes that she got up around 3 a.m. to try sleeping in an empty room, but when he woke up, he "realized she wasn't there," Rohrbach said.

My fiance and I have each done this plenty-- even if the other isn't snoring (rare event) one of us will sometimes move to the couch if we can't sleep just for a change of scenery. I don't think anything is fishy about this particular statement but whether it really happened is another question.

Husband seems rather specific about the time he believes she went to another room to sleep.
Thank you! The part of her sleeping in an "empty" room struck me as strange, too. If it was empty, how would she be able to sleep in there?

It is very possible that she woke him up, getting out of bed at that time, and he may have noticed the time and then fell back asleep. But the empty room part kind of bothers me for some reason- how would she sleep without a bed or sofa, blankets, etc?

My fiance and I have each done this plenty-- even if the other isn't snoring (rare event) one of us will sometimes move to the couch if we can't sleep just for a change of scenery. I don't think anything is fishy about this particular statement but whether it really happened is another question.
Same here, I guess I am just questioning how she could go to sleep in an empty room. Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all, but I just found that odd, that she might go in there to sleep, if it's being renovated?

Same here, I guess I am just questioning how she could go to sleep in an empty room. Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all, but I just found that odd, that she might go in there to sleep, if it's being renovated?

Ohh I see. I took "empty room" to just mean a room with no other people, like a guest room or the couch. But who knows?

I am wondering if perhaps something beyond the construction dust/debris/messiness is bothering her? I don’t pretend to have any idea what that may be but something has been stressing her the last few days before she went missing, as her brother said she was having trouble eating and sleeping. I find that troubling and I’m worried about her.

It scares me to think she left on her own on a cold and rainy night. I hope that this isn't self harm, but seeing that they haven't found her yet, makes me wonder, could someone have kidnapped her? Saw her walking, offered her a ride home, and sadly did something else to her?

Agreed. If my husband or I are restless and aware that the other is getting out of bed, we’d ask. I often go into the guest room in the middle of the night because he likes to sleep with white noise and I don’t. Every single time he is aware I’m leaving the bed, he asks if I’m okay. And I do the same. Even if we hear one of the kids, feel sick, can’t sleep, whatever. If we are awake enough to notice the time, we ask. Jmo

I wouldn’t describe an unused room with a bed in it as empty, but rather as a guest room, spare room, stepsons room, etc. odd wording imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993