Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s interesting to note that when NUA first attended the house she was accompanied by a family member who was probably taller than she was. That person looked into the garage and said that SW’s car and the children’s car seats were still there. We don’t know why NUA was accompanied but it could, perhaps, be for safety reasons or else it was simply convenient. We don’t know whether both of them entered the house when LE arrived but IIRC NUA spent some time speaking to nearby neighbours.

:confused::confused:
I’m half asleep, this might be a brain fart link, noting to review with fresh eyes, is there anything relevant here lol:

Application of New Fingerprinting Bacteria DNA in Crude Oil for Reservoir Characterization-Part II - OnePetro
I’m no Scientist but is this saying the DNA of the animals and plant life from millions of years ago that make up crude oil, still contains their DNA?:confused: If so, I guess that answers our question about the DNA on the girls’ bodies.

So we won't find out which way the defense will argue? We'll just have to wait until after the in camera hearing for the official decision?

It seems there is a delay between the date pleadings are filed and when we have access to them. For all we know, Defense may already filed and/or joined in on the State's Motion and the Court may have filed a new Order. Hoping the Court releases more documents today so that we have a better idea of what is happening.

BBM. That kind of makes me think that the defence team is inexperienced and think that they can throw shade on a non involved professional medical examiner.
Very unprofessional of them.
Well, like they say, you get what you pay for.

Strangely, some people like the fact that a house has a history like that. Not me though, I’d be seeing ghosts everywhere. I think they should just level it and create a community garden on the property in Bella and CeCe’s names, but I’m sure the HOA won’t go for that at all.:(

Dark Tourism is a huge thing. So-called "murder houses" tend to get curiosity seekers. There are some people who literally travel all over the world to visit places where crimes, murders, and the macabre have happened. My family in Delphi, IN constantly complain about the influx of travelers from other states-people who take selfies in front of the victims' houses. If the Watts' house went on the market, I have no doubt it would generate a lot of interest, both from curiosity seekers and from legit buyers who aren't uncomfortable with such histories. It's even possible that it would sell to someone who wanted it BECAUSE of its history. The Visillica Ax Murder House charges people to spend the night in sleeping bags. Of course, it is reportedly haunted, but some people travel to it simply because the whole family was murdered inside.

Not sure if this has been answered yet as I am catching up again, but I do not believe she can own part of the house and not be on the mortgage...because mortgage is a secured debt. Secured by the house. Right?
All I know is when my husband and I got married, he already owned his home, but shortly afterwards he put my name on the deed for $1.00 and I became an owner too.
IMO that would make me financially responsible for the house as well as a beneficiary.

I have a quick question re: the health insurance and SW's pregnancy.

In Missouri, if the wife is pregnant, a couple can file for divorce but a judge will not sign off on it until after the baby is born and paternity is established. Once that happens, the court will proceed and determine who is responsible for health coverage of not only the children but the former spouse. Is there a similar law in Colorado?

Last edited:
True, but the neighbor said it stood out to her that she didn't hear the children. I would think it unusual for children that age to prefer to stay inside while their daddy's outside cooking on the grill. I think they were asleep or he had killed them already. I hope the autopsy will show approximate time of death. Jmo

The fact that it stood out to the neighbour suggests to me that BBQs were commonplace but it was odd that the kiddies weren't outside at that time. However, as SW wasn't due home until about 11 p.m. I can't imagine why he would have killed them so soon. I think it's more likely that they were in bed.

Dark Tourism is a huge thing. So-called "murder houses" tend to get curiosity seekers. There are some people who literally travel all over the world to visit places where crimes, murders, and the macabre have happened. My family in Delphi, IN constantly complain about the influx of travelers from other states-people who take selfies in front of the victims' houses. If the Watts' house went on the market, I have no doubt it would generate a lot of interest, both from curiosity seekers and from legit buyers who aren't uncomfortable with such histories. It's even possible that it would sell to someone who wanted it BECAUSE of its history. The Visillica Ax Murder House charges people to spend the night in sleeping bags. Of course, it is reportedly haunted, but some people travel to it simply because the whole family was murdered inside.
I don't know if these are still operated, but commercially-operated tours through Aruba of Natalee's last night were popular. CW/SW house would be tailor-made for speculative/lurid tours through the house and carrying on to the nearest view of the oil field.
ETA: probably zoning laws would curtail business use of land in a subdivision like that.

Last edited:
I’m curious, from a forensic and statistical perspective, as related to recovery locations, has a child’s body ever been dumped in a crude oil tank before that has ever been documented? In other words, would this be the first time in history that an actual “crude oil tank” is the official “disposal site” of a (child) murder victim?
The only thing I’ve read about or seen pictures of being covered in crude oil was the BP and Exxon oil spills.

That's what they say, but IMO most, but not all, are on his side for whatever reason but not prepared to admit it.

All I can say without a scientific poll conducted and without violating TOS regarding social media, from what I’ve seen, imo, is a wide spectrum of opinions on CW’s motivations and behavior.

They run the gamut of fanboys/fangirls who believe in his innocence no matter what, to people who reserve judgment but think he did it, to people who just reserve judgment, to people who believe he did it no matter what.

JMO, but I compare it to someone who commits suicide and people say they never saw it coming, even close family members. Many people then spend time trying to figure out what the trigger was and why (absentknown mental health issues).

I guess it’s just me. I know the end result is that SW, Bella and CeCe are dead. They were found in oil tanks. That’s not going to change. What I want to know is why.

:confused::confused:
I’m no Scientist but is this saying the DNA of the animals and plant life from millions of years ago that make up crude oil, still contains their DNA?:confused: If so, I guess that answers our question about the DNA on the girls’ bodies.
I didn't see anything about animals, but it said they had discovered bacterial DNA and were able to identify and discover the origins of each well, and what type of environment oil drained from each well, or something like that. I dont know if they would be able to take a sample of oil scraped off the bodies and find DNA in it, and even if they could I'm not sure it would mean anything. It will be interesting to find out, though. I'm not expecting much. If the bodies were floating or submerged for several days, I'm not sure if the DNA or skin cells, would stay intact. I would think they would get mixed in with the oil. Since there is no research on obtaining DNA from bodies submerged in crude oil, I don't think even the scientists know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member