Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks , going by those records if she was still staying at her listed residence that's only a 3 Min drive from her home to the parking lot where her vehicle was found.
More concerning - if you click on the link to the "docket" it also shows a motion for a restraining order the same day as the divorce was filed.

More concerning - if you click on the link to the "docket" it also shows a motion for a restraining order the same day as the divorce was filed.
Restraining orders in conjunction with a divorce filing are virtually automatic and usually included by the filing attorney. The restraining order isn't the same as a protection order. What the restraining order does is prevent either party from taking assets that have yet to be divided by the court - such as taking the furniture or selling a car for $1, etc. The retraining order also prohibits opening up new credit or running up existing credit as debts have to be divided, etc. It can have language in it when children are involved to keep the spouses from doing parental alienation via the kids.

If it was a protection order that is another matter.

On review, I didn't see any protection orders. Nothing out of the ordinary in the docket. Her husband had not filed an answer - he has 28 days starting the day after the day of service - nor obtained an attorney yet.

But the filing of divorce and her going missing is not a mere coincidence in my opinion.

On review, I didn't see any protection orders. Nothing out of the ordinary in the docket. Her husband had not filed an answer - he has 28 days starting the day after the day of service - nor obtained an attorney yet.

But the filing of divorce and her going missing is not a mere coincidence in my opinion.
If you click on the tab at the top of her divorce filing that says "docket" and scroll down it states:
9/21/18 Entry Granted for Temporary Restraining Order Filed
9/21/18 Motion Granted for Temporary Restraining Order Filed
A copy is not included -only the above wordagel

If you click on the tab at the top of her divorce filing that says "docket" and scroll down it states:
9/21/18 Entry Granted for Temporary Restraining Order Filed
9/21/18 Motion Granted for Temporary Restraining Order Filed
A copy is not included -only the above wordagel
Yes, I saw those. Those are the standard things I was talking about that come with divorce filings. They prevent a spouse from emptying the bank accounts or selling the other spouses vehicle, taking all the furniture, etc.

I would read something like this to give you an idea of what kind of restraining order it was.
Ohio Temporary Restraining Orders and Paying for Your Divorce

A protection order would have it's own separate docket from the divorce in Ohio.

Yes, I saw those. Those are the standard things I was talking about that come with divorce filings. They prevent a spouse from emptying the bank accounts or selling the other spouses vehicle, taking all the furniture, etc.

I would read something like this to give you an idea of what kind of restraining order it was.
Ohio Temporary Restraining Orders and Paying for Your Divorce

A protection order would have it's own separate docket from the divorce in Ohio.
Thanks for clarifying that! That was good information. I've outlived a spouse and the current one I'm not giving up (he's a Millenial engineer - knows Windows 10 AND does the dishes!) So I'm not familiar with divorce proceedings.

Any fingerprints? Where are her keys? Her purse?

If the security camera is a motion camera, why didn’t it record the “motion” of a person getting out of/ leaving the car?

If the security camera is a motion camera, why didn’t it record the “motion” of a person getting out of/ leaving the car?
There seems to be an awful lot of supernatural events taking place when it comes to these wonderful security cameras. I mean, Paul Batson's vehicle pulled up across the street from a gas station that had a security camera, and conveniently that camera decided to blank out just before whoever was in the car got out of it and dropped the keys.

You would think this camera would have caught something, but nope.

Just kidding about the supernatural, but there's been a few other missing person's cases where something similar has happened, and you got to admit, for the suspect's sake, it sure does seem to work in their favor.

That said, I hope Cheryl is found soon safe and sound, but it doesn't look good right now for her.

I was wondering the same. the only explanation is possibly they got out of the driver seat or a rear seat and walked the opposite way as to not be in the line of sight of the camera. partially her vehicle appeared to be blocked by other vehicles .

The car was parked out in front of what was stated in MSM as a "Surveillance Store". If the person leaving the car there knew that they likely would have exited out of the passenger side, kept low to the ground and exited the scene quietly. I think the car being left there was deliberate though. If involved in a crime scene involving a vehicle, why leave it in a popular parking area around local businesses?

<snipped for focus>

You would think this camera would have caught something, but nope.

Just kidding about the supernatural, but there's been a few other missing person's cases where something similar has happened, and you got to admit, for the suspect's sake, it sure does seem to work in their favor.

The Jennifer Kesse case is another one. The perp is on camera but the face can’t be seen due to a gate in the exact right place at the exact right time.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1538973158089.jpg
    FB_IMG_1538973158089.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 59
It's possible the motion camera only keeps recording for closer moving items. Meaning the camera turned on by something other than the car. Then it didn't detect closer movements, so turned off.
Sometimes, the cameras can be so frustrating when they don't record continously.
All moo

Here is the approximate street view (the Google Car drove through the parking lot)
Google Maps

This is a Google Satellite view of the parking area where her car was found.
Google Maps

One thing I don't quite understand is that in the news articles which seems to be based on what police told the media is that they refer to where her car was located as near Clancy's Bar. However, there is a Kroger there so why reference the bar rather than the well-known grocery store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff