NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The company which operated the vehicle, Prestige Limousine, has had vehicles inspected five times in the past five years and had four vehicles taken out of service, according to Department of Transportation records. The company had not had any crashes over the last two years, records show"

The information below reflects the content of the FMCSA management information systems as of 10/07/2018.

SAFER Web - Company Snapshot SHAHED HUSSAIN

Young couples among 20 killed in limousine crash, families say

I wonder if this means Scott was driving one of the vehicles the DOT took out of service since the first one broke down. I also wonder if Shahed Hussain will be going to prison.

"The company which operated the vehicle, Prestige Limousine, has had vehicles inspected five times in the past five years and had four vehicles taken out of service, according to Department of Transportation records. The company had not had any crashes over the last two years, records show"

The information below reflects the content of the FMCSA management information systems as of 10/07/2018.

Unless I'm googling wrong, the address given, 776 SARATOGA RD GANSEVOORT, NY, is a hotel.

Saratoga Luxury Limo has the same phone number.

Limo transportation service for Saratoga & Albany, NY

I believe it did swerve, but I can't post a link so consider it a rumor for the time being.

By then he would have lost control of the limo. If he tried to over correct that would lead to more out of control swerving.

If he had maintained the vehicle he wouldn't have ever drove off into a deep ditch with a many feet dropoff. It was that long drop of forward motion and then the sudden total deceleration upon impact that caused the massive deadly injuries.

I think he lost control early on when he realized he had sped through the stop sign. The worst thing that causes loss of control is stomping on the brakes.

Once the vehicle began to swerve there was no way to get it under control. People tend to over correct which only worsens the situation.

Jmo

Last edited:
I think the g-force alone traveling at 50 - 60 mph and coming to a sudden stop (without seatbelts on) could have killed them all upon impact.

Agree with this. Someone who saw the vehicle said it looked like it was traveling at 60 mph, but for all we know it could have been 90-120. I feel like the vehicle accelerated due to malfunction and the brakes failed. Seems this has been a combo problem with some vehicle in the past.

Does anyone know whether this type of limo has seats that go across the vehicle or do they have seats only along the walls. I think the wall type seat configuration would have contributed to the deaths, since impact would have thrown everyone out of their seat forward and toward the front floor of the vehicle. Just so horrible!!!

True. Another possibility would be a medical emergency (re the driver). He was reported to be a 53 year old male.

moo

Medical emergency of the driver is possible, but the area where the vehicle left the road shows scoring along the blacktop which would indicate he was trying to stop the vehicle. I’m going with unintended acceleration and failed braking system, a known Ford vehicle problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23