Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add that it is likely that Kroger has cameras in front of its store so there should be some view of her vehicle entering the parking lot which should give some indication of which direction it came from (almost certainly from Spinning RD).

Yes, I saw those. Those are the standard things I was talking about that come with divorce filings. They prevent a spouse from emptying the bank accounts or selling the other spouses vehicle, taking all the furniture, etc.

I would read something like this to give you an idea of what kind of restraining order it was.
Ohio Temporary Restraining Orders and Paying for Your Divorce

A protection order would have it's own separate docket from the divorce in Ohio.
I wonder what sort of assets one may have that needs protecting... from either party? Could it could have caused an extreme sense of panic/hostility having the restraining order in effect?

Last edited:
I wonder what sort of assets one may have that needs protecting... from either party? Could it could have caused an extreme sense of panic/hostility having the restraining order in effect?
Doubtful. These kind of restraining orders are common and boiler-plate. In some jurisdictions (depending on court rules) they are automatic. That means that such restraining orders would be issued if you had virtually no assets. That is, it is not indicative of having a large amount of assets at all.

Generally speaking, either spouse could sell the family home to another person for $1. Their car for $1. And then after the divorce have that person sell them back for a dollar, thus depriving the other person of the equity of the assets. Another example would be to liquidate assets in retirement accounts, brokerage accounts, etc. and hide the cash. The simplest and most common examples are when one spouse empties the checking and savings accounts, runs up joint credit on credit card accounts, or moves out while the other spouse is at work taking all of the furniture, etc. So, restraining orders exist to keep such nonsense from occurring.

It isn't clear to me that her husband knew the divorce was coming. He might have been, but there are no outward appearances from her, him, friends or family that a divorce was already in progress. Enough time had not elapsed to see if he was going to contest the divorce or file a counter-claim. From all appearances they were both still living in the same home and there were temporary orders for possession of the home nor custody.

I wonder what time she was due at work. We know she dropped off her daughter at Stebbins High School sometime before 7:30am. If Cheryl's FB is accurate as to where she works it takes around 25 minutes to get from the school to the location of where she works. So, if she was due at work at 8:00am there wouldn't be much time to return home. However, if she started later - say 8:30am - then there is enough time to consider she went home after dropping her daughter at school.

Hopefully law enforcement has pulled her phone location records by now.

According to the court info he was successfully served Sept 25, 2018.

View attachment 150086
Montgomery County PRO V2

There are a few cases of financial issues listed, also.
Yes. But the question is whether he knew that his wife was filing for divorce prior to being served? He may not have known until that moment. If this was a surprise to him then it is possible that filing for divorce put her in danger.

A body has been found on Arlington Road which is about 26 miles (if my maps is correct being in Australia) from where Cheryl’s car was found.

CLAY TWP., Montgomery County —

A body has reportedly been found along Arlington Road south of Baltimore-Phillipsburg Road this afternoon, according to dispatch records.

Officers responded to the area after receiving a report a body was found possibly wrapped in plastic, dispatch records showed.

The call was received around 12:15 p.m.

We’re working to learn more.

Body reportedly found along Arlington Road

The car was parked out in front of what was stated in MSM as a "Surveillance Store". If the person leaving the car there knew that they likely would have exited out of the passenger side, kept low to the ground and exited the scene quietly. I think the car being left there was deliberate though. If involved in a crime scene involving a vehicle, why leave it in a popular parking area around local businesses?
very good questi
A body has been found on Arlington Road which is about 26 miles (if my maps is correct being in Australia) from where Cheryl’s car was found.

Body reportedly found along Arlington Road
we all hope she is found safe and sound but if this is her hopefully justice can be brought to her and her family .

If the security camera is a motion camera, why didn’t it record the “motion” of a person getting out of/ leaving the car?[/QUOTE]

Some of them take time to reset. They are trigger by motion and record for 30 sec or so and then don’t trigger again for a couple of min. Not very helpful in situations like this.

Determining an accurate estimation of the postmortem interval (PMI) of human remains is important for several reasons. First, it is used to determine whether the individual is recently deceased, and therefore of medicolegal concern. If so, the estimated PMI is used in narrowing the possible identities of the deceased. PMI can also be used in excluding, or convicting, a murder suspect

Studies have shown that the retention of heat and humidity in the plastic wrapping do facilitate decomposition to the point of marked differences, especially if using black plastic. This can seriously skew the establishment of time of death. But it does provide a medium to get additional DNA evidence if the plastic was handled with bare hands.

My family lives next door the Cokers (as in we share a property line). This is all very weird, and VERY unlike Cheryl, so along with thus far unsubstantiated info being leaked (some of which we know to be true, some not), I have a terrible feeling about this case. Praying for the best, she always seemed about as friendly a neighbor as one could hope for.

Yes. But the question is whether he knew that his wife was filing for divorce prior to being served? He may not have known until that moment. If this was a surprise to him then it is possible that filing for divorce put her in danger.

Not sure if he already knew of the filing, but I do know he had returned from an out of state trip the night before (so the evening of Monday 10/1, or very early 10/2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288