Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Him showing up and her filing for divorce. At this point this is the only scenario that makes sense, until of course, we have more information.

Yeah, and I just verified the court dockets for the divorce.. They did indeed have a hearing scheduled for the day she went missing.. It was supposed to be the final filing which would have made the divorce complete.

Yeah, and I just verified the court dockets for the divorce.. They did indeed have a hearing scheduled for the day she went missing.. It was supposed to be the final filing which would have made the divorce complete.
Oh boy, seriously? The coincidences are mounting up. I feel for her daughters, those poor kids. :(

No they didn't. October 2nd was the filing for the final hearing which was scheduled for November 29th. That is a filing that occurs once proof of service of the other party has occurred and is done by the court and not either of the parties.

That said, if her husband were to file an answer to the complaint or file a counter-claim then the November 29th date would not be the final date. Divorces in Ohio, if contested, can go on for quite a while. A spouse can drag then out for up to a year and a half if a minor child is involved and that doesn't even include the time wasted if mediation were to not result in a settlement.

Because the time for filing an answer had not yet expired we don't know if her husband was going to contest the divorce.

No they didn't. October 2nd was the filing for the final hearing which was scheduled for November 29th. That is a filing that occurs once proof of service of the other party has occurred and is done by the court and not either of the parties.

That said, if her husband were to file an answer to the complaint or file a counter-claim then the November 29th date would not be the final date. Divorces in Ohio, if contested, can go on for quite a while. A spouse can drag then out for up to a year and a half if a minor child is involved and that doesn't even include the time wasted if mediation were to not result in a settlement.

Because the time for filing an answer had not yet expired we don't know if her husband was going to contest the divorce.

I see, never had to go through it personally.. Still an odd thing that she went missing on that very day.

I'm surprised I don't know them personally, I have three mutual friends on FB and I'm in that area fairly often.

I've been following this disappearance. I hate to always jump to blaming the husband. But with this new information, it looks like he was definitely involved. So so sad for the children if this is the case.

I'm with you on that, I hate assuming that, but especially after the Shanann Watts case I've been a little jaded. This Cheryl case is a little close to home for me literally and figuratively. My daily drive takes me within 2-3 minutes of where her car was found and three of my friends know her well.

Sadly, I would be surprised if it were something else and he wasn't involved. But I can hope she's still out there somewhere.

Both of their cars were seen in the driveway at 10:39am. Her car pulled into the parking lot where it was abandoned at 10:48. It is less than half a mile from the parking lot to the home.

MOO, husband killed her at the house, dumped her car, walked back to his car, and got rid of the body.

Both of their cars were seen in the driveway at 10:39am. Her car pulled into the parking lot where it was abandoned at 10:48. It is less than half a mile from the parking lot to the home.

MOO, husband killed her at the house, dumped her car, walked back to his car, and got rid of the body.

That's exactly what I was thinking.. if only that camera had stayed on even a few seconds longer we may have our answer..

But here's the thing, if it went down that quick, and he drove her car like I suspect he probably did.. He's bound to have left evidence behind unless he went to great lengths and planned ahead.

I'd heard the husband showed up at her house at 10am that day, so if they did get phone location records and she did in fact go home and he did in fact show up at the house. I think what MAY have possibly gone down is that an argument took place and something terrible may have gone down.

From there, I am thinking perhaps HE drove her car to the parking lot and left it. It could be framed like stories we've seen before, making it look like she ran away or perhaps left with another man.

Has he been seen I wonder? I've heard very little about him at all .. his last post on social media was on October 7th.. he's posted about her being missing numerous times, mostly just links to news sites, but he's not commented back to anyone who's asked questions.

We’re going to need links or this post will be considered rumor and will be removed.

We’re going to need links or this post will be considered rumor and will be removed.

It was referenced, I believe, in the video that was just posted above. And that information was apparently from a family member.

I would request that it be kept but perhaps edited to point out that it can't be corroborated, if this turns out to have been true after the fact and it was deleted it would be a shame for those who go back and read in the future.

But I will leave that decision to you of course.. <modsnip - hinting at further info>

Last edited by a moderator:
It was referenced, I believe, in the video that was just posted above. And that information was apparently from a family member.

I would request that it be kept but perhaps edited to point out that it can't be corroborated, if this turns out to have been true after the fact and it was deleted it would be a shame for those who go back and read in the future.

But I will leave that decision to you of course.. <modsnip - hinting at further info>

I didn’t realize that was a Gray Hughes video. Gray is a WS member so the video may stand. In the future, please just reference your source.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t realize that was a Gray Hughes video. Gray is a WS member so the video may stand. In the future, please just reference your source.

I would have but I watched the video at work and honestly couldn't remember how I had come across it :) I just figured it seemed important combined with other information is all. Thanks for the consideration :)

UPDATE @ 8:30 p.m. (Oct. 9): Riverside police and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation on Tuesday executed a search warrant at the home owned by Cheryl Coker, 46, reported missing in a case police are calling “suspicious.”

Riverside police, in a statement, said investigators responded to the home on Christy Avenue sometime Tuesday as part of their ongoing investigation into her disappearance.

>> Missing person: Have you seen this Riverside woman?
Police complete search of missing Riverside woman's home

I was thinking what I think everyone here was thinking until I read this:

Cheryl Coker had missed at least three days of work, which her family said is out of character, according to the police department.

Police complete search of missing Riverside woman's home

I assume this means 3 days of work before she was last seen? I wonder if she spoke to anyone during that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998