Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

With a heavy heart, I'm reaching out to those of you who know, "Mistivon" (Misti Patten). She has been diagnosed with an aggressive thyroid type cancer that is rapidly invading her lungs. Her medical prognosis is grim and without advanced treatment and surgeries, she may lose her life. Now many of you know "Mistivon" for her endless contributions and self-sacrificial support on the Marcela Garcia case, amounst many others on WS. From day one of the missing case until well after she was laid to rest, "Mistivon" has been a magnificent example of how and why "Websleuths" exist. It's users like her, who are big-hearted, gracious and very determined to bring our loved ones home that make this world a better place. Now like many of you I have never met "Mistivon" in person but I fell in love with her "love for the life of others". So I'm asking you today to please reach out with your heart and help Misti get her life back. She needs $1,000 more to fly her and her family back home to Texas where she can get the treatment she needs. I know with the help of Our Lord, we can do this!! PLEASE join me at the link below as I donate too. Thank your for your time and support. God bless us all. [emoji179]

https://www..com/please-bring-misti-family-home

Unfortunately unable to donate due to my own medical issues but I shared the and will donate as soon as I’m able! I will also be praying. ❤️❤️

Oh gosh just read these posts. There are so many of you who I cherish and our little "group" brings me joy and a feeling of closeness each time I see your name in another thread. It's like running into old friends and giving them a hug.
Everything said is true and I'm ashamed to be asking anyone for anything. There are so many important causes to give to like keeping our beloved WS alive for one thing!! I don't want to ask any of you for a single penny (and some of you gave me too much more) but I will ask for your shares....we are almost at the moving point, just need a little more. If everyone just shares then your friends share then their friends share and so on.
I am humbled and honored to have friends such as you all. In a sometimes terrible world, it is amazing to me that I have friends so wonderful. I am very lucky.
McCarthy I will be praying for you and hope you are ok. Born, Gig, Balboa, Tricia...so many more, I'm just awestruck.
And so sorry to derail Maris thread but I wanted to address the posts. Unfortunately, no news on my beautiful girl.

Oh gosh just read these posts. There are so many of you who I cherish and our little "group" brings me joy and a feeling of closeness each time I see your name in another thread. It's like running into old friends and giving them a hug.
Everything said is true and I'm ashamed to be asking anyone for anything. There are so many important causes to give to like keeping our beloved WS alive for one thing!! I don't want to ask any of you for a single penny (and some of you gave me too much more) but I will ask for your shares....we are almost at the moving point, just need a little more. If everyone just shares then your friends share then their friends share and so on.
I am humbled and honored to have friends such as you all. In a sometimes terrible world, it is amazing to me that I have friends so wonderful. I am very lucky.
McCarthy I will be praying for you and hope you are ok. Born, Gig, Balboa, Tricia...so many more, I'm just awestruck.
And so sorry to derail Maris thread but I wanted to address the posts. Unfortunately, no news on my beautiful girl.

OT: You are worthy of all of our love and prayers and help! You are an incredible soul and person! Thank you for the prayers! You were the one who single handedly brough mari’s case forward on websleuths and in public so it was taken seriously, all while dealing with your own huge life stresses. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through all of this. [emoji17]

OT: You are worthy of all of our love and prayers and help! You are an incredible soul and person! Thank you for the prayers! You were the one who single handedly brough mari’s case forward on websleuths and in public so it was taken seriously, all while dealing with your own huge life stresses. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through all of this. [emoji17]

Thank you CN for your kind words. I'm so humbled.

If any of you guys are around, Adea somewhat fits the demographics and was last seen in Santa Clarita. Not much info out there (I'm in the hospital, ugh, but I see some of you are poking) and I'm sure there's more to be found if anyone wants to look.

Here you go and thanks

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?367107-CA-Adea-Shabani-25-Hollywood-23-Feb-2018

Misti, so sorry to hear about your illness.
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending you love & hugs----Lisa

I'm so sorry to hear of your illness Mistivon. My prayers are with you, please stay strong and fight this. My husband was given 12 months to live after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and here we are four years on and he is cancer free. He said fighting and refusing to let cancer beat him got him through.

I feel sad for Maricela. How can nothing have been resolved as yet? So many missing persons in this world that probably won't be found or their killers won't get caught. Just awful ☹️

Oh wow, I missed the 2 year anniversary. How sad it is that life goes on for those left behind but so true.
I hope your family has found some kind of peace, Mari, and I'll never quit praying for justice.

I am so, so, SO thankful that Mari brought us together, tho. There was so much good that came from this, I met so many amazing people. Thank you, Mari and thank you, Websleuths

Last edited:
Oh wow, I missed the 2 year anniversary. How sad it is that life goes on for those left behind but so true.
I hope your family has found some kind of peace, Mari, and I'll never quit praying for justice.

I am so, so, SO thankful that Mari brought us together, tho. There was so much good that came from this, I met so many amazing people. Thank you, Mari and thank you, Websleuths
Absolutely agree Mistivision
Lovely to see you posting

This was the first missing person case I actively followed here at web sleuths. I was so convinced in the beginning she had run off. I felt a punch to the guy when you told us about the body being found. I was naive and just could not imagine her having passed. I felt great sadness for her. I also was so impressed by you dedication and work. It’s one of the specific memories I have from being here at websleuths.

While visiting for a short time in LA, I ventured to Reseda to trace her movements and just.. think of her. I went to the goodwill, wandered the parking lots, stopped in at the church. There were tattered signs still up, some ripped, some water damaged and I sat down by the dumpsters in the back of the lot where the dogs last traced her and cried. It’s been so long. Justice isn’t real in LA and it breaks my heart. So sad for her family and loved ones and just wanted to give a heartfelt bump for Maricela.

While visiting for a short time in LA, I ventured to Reseda to trace her movements and just.. think of her. I went to the goodwill, wandered the parking lots, stopped in at the church. There were tattered signs still up, some ripped, some water damaged and I sat down by the dumpsters in the back of the lot where the dogs last traced her and cried. It’s been so long. Justice isn’t real in LA and it breaks my heart. So sad for her family and loved ones and just wanted to give a heartfelt bump for Maricela.

You're a good soul, Dre. This case especially touched me too, thanks to the heartfelt narrative provided by Mistivon. Thanks for the bump and the reminder of Maricela.

Seems to have been laid to rest. I have a special place in my heart for these kind of waifs and even if there's no way of saving them they still deserve due diligence and record keeping. Where is the medical examiner's report? Where is the church's security footage? This wasn't the 90s this was five years ago. There needs to be some concrete evidence to at least suggest a certain course of events beyond "she had this thing in her history so that's probably what happened to her" but no, she just walks out of a busy store in the middle of the day and is gone just like that.

It is heartwarming to see what effort @mistivon put into this one. I am glad she's still a part of the community and presumably weathered the health struggle I see mentioned some years upthread.

But why all the discussion ended three years ago?

We unfortunately ran out of things to discuss as nothing was reported on the case past her death. It is a case that has always bothered me and I still don’t believe she OD’d. Ditching her sister in the middle of a shopping trip, going through a church and asking for help, the dogs trail they followed. It’s all so eerie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back