CO CO - San Juan, Photo of Unknown Girl age 9-12 - Possibly missing

Very, very strange. Did they find the photo with files of missing children and are unsure of how it got there? The description of her wearing a black and white bathing suit would discount that, as it implies there was an incident. So perhaps she was seen getting into a vehicle under suspicious circumstances, and they happened to have a picture of her? Perhaps a family day out at the beach/pool/whatever, the family took a photo of their child with a new friend they'd made, and the family witnessed a potential kidnapping of said child? A child was friends with this girl, the child's family has a picture of her, and she vanished - but no missing report as it was her parent/guardian who did the disappearing, and she was last seen in that bathing suit? There are so many potential scenarios and so many potential theories, but I'm not sure speculation really helps. I really wish they would give more info.

MOO.

Very, very strange. Did they find the photo with files of missing children and are unsure of how it got there? The description of her wearing a black and white bathing suit would discount that, as it implies there was an incident. So perhaps she was seen getting into a vehicle under suspicious circumstances, and they happened to have a picture of her? Perhaps a family day out at the beach/pool/whatever, the family took a photo of their child with a new friend they'd made, and the family witnessed a potential kidnapping of said child? A child was friends with this girl, the child's family has a picture of her, and she vanished - but no missing report as it was her parent/guardian who did the disappearing, and she was last seen in that bathing suit? There are so many potential scenarios and so many potential theories, but I'm not sure speculation really helps. I really wish they would give more info.

MOO.
I believe the photo is a morgue photo is there a matching a namus listing?

Yeah, it's very bizarre. My first thought went to the Asha Degree case as apparently they found a photo of an unknown girl with some of Asha's things but obviously the location doesn't match up. I can't find this photo anywhere else, i tried reverse image searching it and looking on doenetwork.

Also confused why it's listed on Florida's missing persons website if she were missing from Colorado.

It would make sense if they found this photo in a criminal's belongings.

Edit: I wonder if she is wearing a black bathing suit in the photo, and that's what they're referring to. That would make more sense

The photo being found in the possession of a criminal would also make sense. I wonder if said hypothetical criminal has a history of kidnap or similar crimes, against children.

If it is the case that the full photo shows the child in said black and white bathing suit in full, they can probably safely assume the child is a girl. If the bathing suit is unrelated to what she's wearing in the picture and/or this is the full picture (unlikely as it seems the picture has been cropped) then it's possible that the child is a long-haired boy. I would have thought they would have considered that possibility, though.

If they found this photo in the possession's of a criminal (iam assuming in florida), how do they know she is missing from San Juan County Silverton Colorado. Or if she is missing at all?.. Or is that where the photo is thought to have originated from..

or could this be a mistake and someone was supposed to upload this info on a Colorado missing page?

I do have to say the photo is a bit creepy..

Last edited:
If they found this photo in the possession's of a criminal (iam assuming in florida), how do they know she is missing from San Juan County Silverton Colorado. Or if she is missing at all?.. Or is that where the photo is thought to have originated from..

Perhaps they found other photos of the same girl with recognizable landmarks but are withholding releasing them to the public.
Alternatively the name of the studio that developed the photo could be printed on the back.

or could this be a mistake and someone was supposed to upload this info on a Colorado missing page?

I do have to say the photo is a bit creepy..

The bit about her being from Colorado is really throwing me off. How do they know where she’s from but know nothing else, and don’t even know if she’s technically missing??

Like another poster did, I tried reverse image searching and came up with nothing. This is a really confusing case. I wish there was more info.

Perhaps they found other photos of the same girl with recognizable landmarks but are withholding releasing them to the public.
Alternatively the name of the studio that developed the photo could be printed on the back.
That is a good thought Hola had not crossed my mind...but now you have me even thinking further...how would they know she was not taken from some place else at a younger age and then ended up in Colorado?

Could it be connected to a child *advertiser censored* case? Maybe they found other pictures of this child and can't identify her as someone who was missing or a previous victim of abuse.

And there's not even a date... you'd think if they had a criminal or some kind of time frame they'd disclose that. It would be interesting to contact San Juan LE and ask about it but I don't think they can give outsiders info anyways... I just wonder if it's been resolved but maybe the Florida page is out of date?

Florida Missing Person Flyer

MEPIC :: Search

I just came across this unidentified from Nevada on the Florida page.. which now makes me wonder if they are posting things at random?

I am not really familiar with what their usual policy for adding a flyer is but maybe Florida is trying to add cold cases. Both these cases fall in the decade from '79 to '89 & website url sequence is similar (ID=3538 & ID=3606).
If that is the case it might be simply because a piece of evidence at one time led to Florida. Colorado may be the more important location to research in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back