IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

Imstilla.grandma, Thank you for sharing phone interview with Kierra's mother. You are so good in locating videos.

Following from interview: Sounds like Kierra just turned 26 recent birthday. Mom last saw her Sunday before missing, last spoke by phone day before ( on Tues) went missing ( Wed Oct 3). They spoke every day. Kierra had requested Mon and Tues off for personal business. USPS where she worked spoke with her Wed (recognized her voice) as she called in to take Wed off.

Interviewer has known Kierra all her life. He also indicated they have been having a lot of missing women lately. (Chicago).

It sure does not sound good. Please be safe Kierra.

ETA: Other reports on above posts are saying Tues Oct 2 for missing but I think her Mother giving these days of week in my post as Wed being the missing day (Oct 3). If you listen to interview feel free to correct any errors. Thank you.
I live in Chicago - yes, there have been a lot of missing women, but pretty much all of them are confined to those parts of the city where drugs and gangs are rampant and many of those women could be could have been caught up in that. Kierra didn't live in the best part of town, crime-wise, but she seemed to be a responsible young woman with a good job and a very loving family. This is worrisome as it doesn't fit the narrative of most of the missing.

Oh, this is so sad. This 26 year old young lady didn't just disappear from her life voluntarily. She had a long term BF, a family, a good job and her first baby on the way - she was having a good life. I believe she has met foul play and it makes me so very sad. Two shining stars went out because of an evil person. I am crying.

I live in Chicago - yes, there have been a lot of missing women, but pretty much all of them are confined to those parts of the city where drugs and gangs are rampant and many of those women could be could have been caught up in that. Kierra didn't live in the best part of town, crime-wise, but she seemed to be a responsible young woman with a good job and a very loving family. This is worrisome as it doesn't fit the narrative of most of the missing.

Yes GraceG, makes you wonder if the person who got her pregnant did something to her. I don't know the full story yet though about this young girl. But I saw this link today. It says that she was caught on video and then just disappeared right after that. Really weird. Video shows missing Kierra Coles walking passed her car in South Chicago – Missing Persons of America

Recent update. Yes, there is gang violence in the area she lived but early in the morning when she was seen leaving her home, it's not at all likely. That usually happens at night. (I live in Chicago). I think she left in uniform after calling in for leave because she wanted someone, in particular, to know she was going to work so she could get to a safe place. Then she goes past her vehicle and suddenly veers off and goes elsewhere. I hate to say this but I'm pretty sure whoever got her pregnant was hands-on in her disappearance.

Kierra Coles, 27, was last seen Oct. 2 near 82nd Street and Coles Avenue. Coles was described as a 5-foot-4, 125-pound black woman with brown eyes, black hair and a medium brown complexion, police said. She has a tattoo of a heard on her right hand and one that reads “Lucky Libra” on her back.

Woman missing for 6 days from South Chicago

coles-e1539016107557.png
I also live in Chicago and it's heartbreaking to hear, read and watch that another pregnant woman going missing. I don't get the feeling that she went with whomever volunteeringly. Why would she leave her purse and cellphone in her car if she had met up with someone? The article states that her car had been found parked on her block, which makes me think that she -- possibly -- was grabbing her purse and cellphone, and she was about to exit her car when she was approached; I believe that this is when the individual, or individuals, grabbed her, and they dragged her to another awaiting vehicle, then they took off.
Unfortunately, more and more neighborhoods on Chicago's South Side is being invaded with dangerous gang bangers. Did the family, friends, or co-workers ever state who the father of her baby could be? Does anyone know, on this forum, who the father's name? Does the father have ANY affiliation with a neighborhood gang?
As I stated earlier, I don't believe that she had met up with someone, but was actually abducted possibly by a gang member. The CPD needs to look into that angle and find out IF her baby's father is affiliated with a gang; IF he is affiliated and the rival gang seen them together, they could've abducted her in order to get at him.
I honestly hope and pray that my instincts are wrong, but I don't think that she's alive. My hope is that someone seen something, and they will do the right thing and report it to the police; they can do this anonymously -- if they're afraid of any retaliation from the gang bangers. I honestly don't get it, though. How could ANYONE ( IF they had witnessed a horrific crime that had taken place ) not say ANYTHING to help the family of the victim get justice? How could ANYONE turn a blind eye and, in order for them to sleep at night, they tell themselves that John/Jane Doe is going to be ok? Then, while they're watching the news and see that John/Jane Doe had been found dead, the same John/Jane Doe they had seen being forced into a car with blood all over them, and, again, they tell themselves -- to absolve them from feeling guilty -- that it was none of their business, or they hoped that someone else would've reported it. This is the mentality of people today. It should NOT be people's mentality. People NEED to get involved -- anonymously even -- and take their neighborhoods back.
Back when I was growing up in Chicago during the 70s and 80s, neighbors looked after each other, and they refused to allow gang bangers to take control over their neighborhoods, and they called the police when they witnessed a crime taking place. What happened?! The black communities need to take a stand against their crime riddened communities, and they need to work WITH the police and not AGAINST the police.
I sincerely, profusely and truly sorry for the very long post, but I love my city..my fellow Chicagoans, and I want my city back! My prayers are with her family, and I pray that -- for once -- my instincts are wrong.

Recent update. Yes, there is gang violence in the area she lived but early in the morning when she was seen leaving her home, it's not at all likely. That usually happens at night. (I live in Chicago). I think she left in uniform after calling in for leave because she wanted someone, in particular, to know she was going to work so she could get to a safe place. Then she goes past her vehicle and suddenly veers off and goes elsewhere. I hate to say this but I'm pretty sure whoever got her pregnant was hands-on in her disappearance.
I had mentioned something very similar in my post. I'm thinking that she had been abducted possibly by a rival gang -- that took notice of her schedule ( which I can't find anything if she had ever deviated from her normal routine ) -- and grabbed her either when she was getting into her car, or getting out of it. I truly don't believe that she had met with someone, because of the simple fact, her purse and cellphone were found in her car. IF she had gone to meet up with someone, she would've taken those items with her, and not leave them behind. Plus, she would've made some type of contact with her mom. My instincts are screaming that she's no longer alive, but I pray -- for once -- that I'm very wrong.
I think that the CPD needs to start searching in abandoned buildings, houses, etc. They ( if they haven't already ) need to find the baby's father and see if he has any affiliation with a gang, then find out ( if he is in a gang or has any affiliation, like another family member..friend, etc) if a rival gang has any beef with him. I sincerely believe that once the police find out who's the baby's father, they'll find out what exactly happened to her.

How..how could the Chicago Police declare this as a "non-suspicious missing persons case"? Ms. Coles -- as far as I can tell -- never deviated from her normal schedule routine. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that she had been depressed, anxious, nervous, or that she wanted a different life, in a different city, in a different state, etc. She had been looking forward to becoming a mother, so that tells me that she just wouldn't leave without telling her mom.
I sincerely think that she had been abducted by a gang. I'm thinking that possibly the baby's father has ties with a gang, and the rival gang took notice of them. The best way to get to someone is to abduct their loved one, and I think that's exactly what took place. I'm also thinking that once the police finds out who the baby's father, they're going to find out what happened to Ms. Coles.

If she was abducted as she was getting in or exiting her vehicle wouldn't that be on the video as well? And, if she was abducted, why would she call in sick to work but have her uniform on if she wanted people to think she was going to work and possibly had other plans?
I really do not understand how her personal items were left in the car if the video shows her walking past the vehicle and not stopping. Or, at least that is how I understood the information provided in the msm item.

The local Chicago news comments seem to indicate that her boyfriend also worked at the post office and was married, so I'm surprised to see they had been together 5 years mentioned here. I was just thinking that if they worked together, someone would know who to call her off sick to without having her phone. I don't believe she called in herself and then just walked away from her family. And why isn't her boyfriend out looking for his baby and pleading for her to return?

If he is married, I hope that him and his wife have been brought in and questioned.

Chicago police are asking the public for help in locating a woman who has been missing for nearly two weeks and who is three months pregnant, PEOPLE confirms.

[...]

Hours later, Cole’s worried mother asked police to conduct a welfare check, local TV station WMAQ reports. Investigators found Coles’ keys and wallet still in her apartment.

[...]

Since her disappearance, Coles’ friends and family have been going door-to-door handing out flyers.

“It’s just sickening to wake up everyday and not hear nothing,” her mother, Karen Phillips, told WMAQ.

Pregnant Woman Last Seen Dressed for Work Calls in Sick — Then Vanishes: 'It's Just Sickening'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back