Recovered/Located AL - Whitney Harris, 21, Mobile, 17 Sep 2018

Whitney Harris
October 4 at 9:20 PM ·
Still trying to get my thoughts together, because this has all been a living nightmare. But here's what happened. The cops came into Pulkit's home and told me that I had to leave his house. They demanded me to hand over my phone and my passport. I tried to reason with them and I was saying things like, "I'm safe here, I'm happy here, I came here to visit and not to live here, I'm just staying for 2 months, I'm 21 and I don't understand why I have to leave simply because my parents don't like the area." (because like I mentioned before, the family was already cleared BEFORE my parents and younger brother arrived.) The cops were hard to communicate with. I barely understood them and they barely understood me because of the language barrier. We both were taken to the police station. On the ride there Pulkit was telling me what they were saying. He said they were going to make me leave the country. I didn't know how that was possible. When I got out of the vehicle that was the last time I saw Pulkit. I was sitting in the room with the cops and that was the last place I saw my phone. I didn't know this at the time, but Pulkit and his parents were being sent to jail. Then after waiting for what seemed like 30 mins. the church people drove me to the airport without my knowledge. I didn't have my luggage on me. All my stuff was unpacked and lived in Pulkit's house. My ID, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, debit card, $660 cash, photocopies of important documents, all my electronics, clothes, and toiletries were all left behind. All I had with me was my passport (which my parents didn't even allow me to hold in my hands) and the clothes which I was wearing. Nothing else. I had a two day flight journey ahead of me against my will. My mom knew the family was safe. The worry from her changed from him being a sex trafficker to "Ohh well I just don't like this area. The area is not safe. Your so close to Pakistan." Also, she had already gotten a lot of money from the fraud page called, "Bring Whitney Home" that was meant to help my parents afford the trip. So, she would've been embarrassed to fly all the way back to the US without me. It wasn't about me or what I wanted. I was about saving her image. She had to get me home no matter what it took. My mom, and I'm sure others were involved, wrote out a letter to the Indian police. This letter told a bunch of lies accusing Pulkit of drugging me, rape, holding me held hostage, and brainwashing me. That is the reason why the cops came into the house and took us. The whole strategy was to get Pulkit and his parents in jail long enough so that I wouldn't have anywhere else to go. That's how they were able to force me out of the country. At the airport when I found out that they were in jail I was so shocked and heartbroken I felt like I was going to pass out because I felt sorry this poor family has suffered too much crap. Then my mom made a comment saying don't worry Whitney they will let them go whenever they see they are innocent. I have been in contact with Pulkit since I've been back and he shared with me that after 2+ hours of interrogation the cops finally let him and his parents go. I was so relieved!! I'm currently staying at my good friend's house and she is helping me get back on my feet. I went to my bank to close down my account and retrieve all of my money...but when they gave me my money back all I counted was $110. I checked my bank statement to see where all of my money went. My mom and I had a joint account and she sucked thousands out of my checking and savings account. Every penny was earned from me working at my full time job. None of it was given to me. I tried getting my toiletries, clothes, and car from my house but my parents wouldn't even let me through the front gate. All the clothes I wear I bought, everything in my bathroom I bought, and my car I bought fully in cash. I souped up my car with new tires, new rims, new headlights, new hood scoop, and I even saved up and paid for it a paint job including all door/hood jams. I don't want anyone else in India to protect my luggage except for Pulkit, Deepali and their parents. I was SO happy there. The happiest I've ever been in a long time. This all isn't over yet. Pulkit is still getting threats from people in his city. I wish his name would get cleared. I'm literally having to start life all over again from scratch without any money, or car, or phone or laptop or anything really. Everything was left behind in India or is at my parent's house and I can't get to it. I love you Pulkit and I'm waiting for your birthday to come in April.
2764.png

Do her parents have legal guardianship of her for any reason?

The fact the embassy was not called or has not been mentioned here is very suspicious. She has a legal right to an interpreter and the embassy should have been notified before she stepped a toe outside the police station.

According to the report, Harris refused to see her parents upon arrival back home in Alabama — and is working to reunite with Monga as soon as she can.

Along with accusing her family of abuse, the young woman also said family spokesman Jimmy Stewart lied to media about why she went to India.

“Jimmy said that [Pulkit] is poor and his family is poor which is a lie, they are middle-upper class in India and his father earns good money,” Harris told AL.com in an email. “How would [Stewart] know anything different?”

The family also alleged that the friend she is staying with is purposefully keeping her from them — “another lie,” Harris said.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/ab...eing-trafficked-by-an-indian-man-shes-dating/
upload_2018-10-9_14-54-22.jpeg

Whitney Harris
Still trying to get my thoughts together, because this has all been a living nightmare. But here's what happened. The cops came into Pulkit's home and told me that I had to leave his house. They demanded me to hand over my phone and my passport. I tried to reason with them and I was saying things like, "I'm safe here, I'm happy here, I came here to visit and not to live here, I'm just staying for 2 months, I'm 21 and I don't understand why I have to leave simply because my parents don't like the area." (because like I mentioned before, the family was already cleared BEFORE my parents and younger brother arrived.) The cops were hard to communicate with. I barely understood them and they barely understood me because of the language barrier. We both were taken to the police station. On the ride there Pulkit was telling me what they were saying. He said they were going to make me leave the country. I didn't know how that was possible. When I got out of the vehicle that was the last time I saw Pulkit. I was sitting in the room with the cops and that was the last place I saw my phone. I didn't know this at the time, but Pulkit and his parents were being sent to jail. Then after waiting for what seemed like 30 mins. the church people drove me to the airport without my knowledge. I didn't have my luggage on me. All my stuff was unpacked and lived in Pulkit's house. My ID, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, debit card, $660 cash, photocopies of important documents, all my electronics, clothes, and toiletries were all left behind. All I had with me was my passport (which my parents didn't even allow me to hold in my hands) and the clothes which I was wearing. Nothing else. I had a two day flight journey ahead of me against my will. My mom knew the family was safe. The worry from her changed from him being a sex trafficker to "Ohh well I just don't like this area. The area is not safe. Your so close to Pakistan." Also, she had already gotten a lot of money from the fraud page called, "Bring Whitney Home" that was meant to help my parents afford the trip. So, she would've been embarrassed to fly all the way back to the US without me. It wasn't about me or what I wanted. I was about saving her image. She had to get me home no matter what it took. My mom, and I'm sure others were involved, wrote out a letter to the Indian police. This letter told a bunch of lies accusing Pulkit of drugging me, rape, holding me held hostage, and brainwashing me. That is the reason why the cops came into the house and took us. The whole strategy was to get Pulkit and his parents in jail long enough so that I wouldn't have anywhere else to go. That's how they were able to force me out of the country. At the airport when I found out that they were in jail I was so shocked and heartbroken I felt like I was going to pass out because I felt sorry this poor family has suffered too much crap. Then my mom made a comment saying don't worry Whitney they will let them go whenever they see they are innocent. I have been in contact with Pulkit since I've been back and he shared with me that after 2+ hours of interrogation the cops finally let him and his parents go. I was so relieved!! I'm currently staying at my good friend's house and she is helping me get back on my feet. I went to my bank to close down my account and retrieve all of my money...but when they gave me my money back all I counted was $110. I checked my bank statement to see where all of my money went. My mom and I had a joint account and she sucked thousands out of my checking and savings account. Every penny was earned from me working at my full time job. None of it was given to me. I tried getting my toiletries, clothes, and car from my house but my parents wouldn't even let me through the front gate. All the clothes I wear I bought, everything in my bathroom I bought, and my car I bought fully in cash. I souped up my car with new tires, new rims, new headlights, new hood scoop, and I even saved up and paid for it a paint job including all door/hood jams. I don't want anyone else in India to protect my luggage except for Pulkit, Deepali and their parents. I was SO happy there. The happiest I've ever been in a long time. This all isn't over yet. Pulkit is still getting threats from people in his city. I wish his name would get cleared. I'm literally having to start life all over again from scratch without any money, or car, or phone or laptop or anything really. Everything was left behind in India or is at my parent's house and I can't get to it. I love you Pulkit and I'm waiting for your birthday to come in April.
2764.png
Much appreciated.

Do her parents have legal guardianship of her for any reason?

The fact the embassy was not called or has not been mentioned here is very suspicious. She has a legal right to an interpreter and the embassy should have been notified before she stepped a toe outside the police station.

im sure her parents manipulated all that.

Oh boy, I feel for her, growing up in such a controlling home, I know the feeling. Go Whitney, leave and find your own family, one that loves you and respects you for who you are. Can her parents be charged with anything? Kidnapping? Theft?

I know for certain that a lawyer can rush an emergency protection or restraining order. I hope that’s what these funds are being raised for. Her parent(s) sound like they could be held accountable at the hearing after all this hoopla is disproven, then given her mother’s apparent errcatic behavior and self-incrimination her mother will be forced to get help.

I’d not donate money willy-nilly until there is some brevity added to this situation. That’s just me though. The government doesn’t give a hoot about this one American family. The embassy isn’t super responsive often times, why for Whitney? Something sits heavy with this one and intuition rarely fails me.

Who's name is the car titled in? Can she prove with receipts that she bought her car? I'd go after them full force. IMO. If that car is titled in her name the parents have no legal right to the car.

Oh boy, I feel for her, growing up in such a controlling home, I know the feeling. Go Whitney, leave and find your own family, one that loves you and respects you for who you are. Can her parents be charged with anything? Kidnapping? Theft?

I am certainly hoping they can. Whitney has an attorney now to help her get her money, clothes, car, etc. back and she will be leaving the state of Alabama.

Who's name is the car titled in? Can she prove with receipts that she bought her car? I'd go after them full force. IMO. If that car is titled in her name the parents have no legal right to the car.

This is what Whitney said in her own post.

Whitney Harris
2764.png

I know for certain that a lawyer can rush an emergency protection or restraining order. I hope that’s what these funds are being raised for. Her parent(s) sound like they could be held accountable at the hearing after all this hoopla is disproven, then given her mother’s apparent errcatic behavior and self-incrimination her mother will be forced to get help.

I’d not donate money willy-nilly until there is some brevity added to this situation. That’s just me though. The government doesn’t give a hoot about this one American family. The embassy isn’t super responsive often times, why for Whitney? Something sits heavy with this one and intuition rarely fails me.

Whitney now has a lawyer and her parents should be served with papers very soon, but as far as her account goes for some reason it is still frozen. Some of the donors are getting refunds so they can send it directly to Whitney's PayPal account to help her.

She doesn't say if the car is actually in her name. If it is, report it stolen and the location to the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back