Found Deceased NV - Madelyn Lingenfelter, 19, Reno, 19 Sept 2018

Roxxi, ugh, yes, it's true. Just makes this case all the more distressing. Jethro, thank you for all this information! I keep going through the various scenarios in my mind, and still think she went into the forest to harm herself. It would not be the first time that someone in an area that challenging wasn't found. As another poster mentioned, Murray Murray comes to mind, along with Brandon Swanson in Minnesota and countless others whose cars were found but the person wasn't. Unfortunately that may be what we're looking at here. Though we are at a huge disadvantage not knowing any significant information such as phone and letter contents.

I definitely agree. Just her friends FB posts alone have me convinced.
I also remember wondering why LE had spent so much time searching this particular area when she could have been taken against her will or somebody else could have just dumped her car there... But now i know why the were concentrating on the this area and i believe that its due to the exterior footage caught by the Tannenbaum Event Center.
How far did she travel into the forest, and/or, how likely would it be that the search team missed her altogether? Maybe she found a way to hide herself from plain sight?

i feel like if they did they wouldve told us first? i know all their theories rn (cant share them) but i havent heard anything concrete yet.
I really think theyve got video proof that Maddy walked in the mountains that night. However, theyre probably reluctant to share since they have yet to find her. Now theyre just waiting things out for more evidence. Thats my guess.

I really think theyve got video proof that Maddy walked in the mountains that night. However, theyre probably reluctant to share since they have yet to find her. Now theyre just waiting things out for more evidence. Thats my guess.
--------------------
Totally agree with you, Roxxi. That's why nothing is being said I imagine. There will be no closure though until she is found.

Even if she had worked at the Event Center at some time in the past, or was still on call, it would then be a smart place to dump her car, if you were trying to get rid of it.

But it is also a possibility it was left there by her, and she may have walked away or was driven away by someone?

Im starting to think that she definitely parked her car and walked into the forest. So many clues leaked by her friends and family, to many arrows pointing to suicide to be ignored.

--------------------
Totally agree with you, Roxxi. That's why nothing is being said I imagine. There will be no closure though until she is found.
Definitely no closure for anyone until she is recovered. So this ordeal is far from being over. I hope it doesnt drag on forever. That would really be sad.

Agreed. Not to mention, was she employed at the event center? Or not working? I suppose she could have been on staff with the catering group. I used to do that in college where they hired out for event staff. All unknown and therefore speculation is all we got.
Very true. Speculations are what we are working with here.
I believe she worked at Peppermill Resort, but from what I read on her roommate/best friends FB, she hadnt been working at all in the weeks leading up to her disappearance and that she hadnt been acting herself either. I was thinking maybe she went to the event center to interview for a job, but now, i really think she just parked there and left on her own accord. I hope she is found sooner than later...

Very true. Speculations are what we are working with here.
I believe she worked at Peppermill Resort, but from what I read on her roommate/best friends FB, she hadnt been working at all in the weeks leading up to her disappearance and that she hadnt been acting herself either. I was thinking maybe she went to the event center to interview for a job, but now, i really think she just parked there and left on her own accord. I hope she is found sooner than later...

The peppermill? That's where my parents used to take us when we were visiting them from out of town. Sad to think about the possibility she is no longer with us...

Profitamole, I was wondering how its been going for getting Texas Equusearch involved to help look for Maddy? I imagine the weather on Mt. Rose will get increasingly colder soon, making it more challenging for searchers to do their job.

Profitamole, I was wondering how its been going for getting Texas Equusearch involved to help look for Maddy? I imagine the weather on Mt. Rose will get increasingly colder soon, making it more challenging for searchers to do their job.
Since Maddy's mom is my mom's cousin I need to convince her to tell them to try them since I know I'm not close enough to contact the team myself- it's just a matter of whether my mom will actually tell her or not now

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back