AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious as to what his occupation would have to do with this, care to offer some insight?

Hubby is from this area (about 2 hours away).

The area is very rural. Cell phone coverage is spotty; people in DH's town had to drive to the top of a hill to make a cell phone call. You can drive Highway 8 for miles and see few, if any, vehicles.

Farming and manufacturing (paper mills, logging) were the two occupations until the 1980's, when many jobs were outsourced. Harley Davidson has a factory in Park Falls, but some of those jobs supposedly will be outsourced. However, according to my Dad, meth is prevalent.

The area is very conservative; I very much doubt that the Closs Family was tied to illegal drugs. I suspect they, like many, were eking out an existence. But then, one never knows.

I'm thinking this will be drug related. And I suspect the perps are heading towards the Twin Cities (Minneapolis, St. Paul) where they can hide.

JMVHO.

He could have brought a predator into their lives through his work.

What line of work brings predators into the family home? I know your heart is in the right place, but this line of questioning seems slightly accusatory toward a dead father. Is there some reason you think he was knowingly associating with predators? And why are you not asking what the mother did for a living as well? Let's keep in mind Jayme and her parents are victims according to the TOS of the site. JMO.

Last edited:
At the time of publication, an amber alert had not been issued for Closs. For an amber alert to be issued, police must confirm that the child was abducted and that the child must be at risk for serious bodily harm or death. Other requirements include:

• Enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an amber alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child who is 17 years old or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the child abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
Fitzgerald, who described the scene as "tragic," said he was unsure if Closs had been kidnapped or left the home on her own. During an interview with the Associated Press, the sheriff said the police department had no suspect or vehicle information related to the teen’s disappearance.

Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl after her parents were found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member