Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - I *think* it's said in a GH video about how she held the phone. Possibly with confirmation from BP. Anyone remember this? I do recall it being said it was down by her leg or side and feel like we all agreed on that at one time.

There is no official report or statement by LE saying how she held the phone, that I'm aware of, it just seems to be the most common assumption according to all that I have seen when researching the case. If you look at the angle in the pictures of Libby, it is obvious that it's straight on. But the picture of the suspect is blurry and at a slight angle. It looks like she is holding the phone lower than in her other pictures, angled slightly upwards, and titlted. Since its blurry it would seem to have been taken very quickly, as if she took it out of her pocket quickly, and held it for a short time by her side without him noticing. I just think if she had taking pictures at the time, and he saw her with the phone, he would have somehow destroyed or taken it, thinking it would be evidence. This seems to be the general consensus, according to what I have read. Although I saw someone had suggested her holding it up, it just doesn't look like a straight on angle, and if she was pretending to take pictures, it would have been in better focus. Imo

Thank you, so it's all just speculation about the photos and how she held the phone? For some reason I have always been under the impression that the photos were slightly blurry because they came from a video OR were cropped from a larger photo. JMO.

If the photos were altered by LE to try to make them clearer, they also might have changed the angle of the photo in order to crop it. I do that sometimes when I get my finger in the corner of an otherwise good shot, lol. They could have cropped out one of the girls and BG was in the background. Tilting and cropping would affect how the angle appears and makes it difficult for us to extrapolate on the angle that the photos were taken (since we don't have the originals to work with). JMO.

Last edited:
I didn't say at her waist. It was held down by her leg.

Hello Faith,

You are correct and have my deepest apologies for misquoting you. You DID state she held it by her leg, not her waist.

Let me try this again.

Do you have a MSM quote stating Libby held her phone by her leg, because according to this video with Alexis McAdams, Libby held her phone over her shoulder and filmed on her front camera.

Alexis McAdams on Twitter

Thanks,
RIP M+J

Hello Faith,

You are correct and have my deepest apologies for misquoting you. You DID state she held it by her leg, not her waist.

Let me try this again.

Do you have a MSM quote stating Libby held her phone by her leg, because according to this video with Alexis McAdams, Libby held her phone over her shoulder and filmed on her front camera.

Thanks,
RIP M+J
That's the first time I've ever heard someone say she had the phone over her shoulder, but I think the point the reporter was trying to make is that the sketch made by the FBI, which is an excellent sketch and was drawn from several witness accounts who actually saw the suspect, is very important in terms of getting it in the public eye, and making people more aware of what he actually looks like. Its very hard to tell from the video still from the phone. Detectives strongly feel that there is someone out there who knows something, and that person or persons may be the key to solving this, as well as tips by people who recognize this person. That is the focus of that news report. The video that Libby took is awesome, but now they have a clearer picture of what he looks like. Jmo

Last edited:
Hello Faith,

Let me try this again.

Thanks,
RIP M+J

Thank you for posting that clip. The reporter says it as if it was fact Libby held the phone over her shoulder, but she doesn't say where she got that info. Could LE have slipped up talking to the reporter and told her that info? Or was the reporter stating her opinion as if it was fact? It's hard to tell IMO.

No one who is being objective wonders that. The idea that LE knows BG's identity is silly. That is wishful thinking, pure and simple. I agree with you; it is overwhelmingly obvious that LE does not know who BG is.

I don't think you're one of the few; I think that your conclusion is the most likely one. They said that they have DNA, but so far as I know, they have never said that they have the perp's DNA. Clearly, they don't know whether the DNA that they have belongs to the perp. Not only have they not stated that they have a complete DNA profile, they haven't even said whether the DNA that they have is nuclear or mitochondrial.
Right. The last I heard from LE in one of the most recent articles, was that they were still working to identify all the DNA found at the crime scene. The clothing could have DNA from family members or friends and as far as I know, there is no evidence that they have found DNA from the suspect. Jmo

Thank you for posting that clip. The reporter says it as if it was fact Libby held the phone over her shoulder, but she doesn't say where she got that info. Could LE have slipped up talking to the reporter and told her that info? Or was the reporter stating her opinion as if it was fact? It's hard to tell IMO.

Hi Gardener,

That’s what’s so incredibly frustrating about this case. MSM is supposed to be “fact”, but we can’t be certain if Alexis received this info from LE, from another source or if it was her own opinion. That’s why I questioned Faith as to where she found information that Libby held the phone by her leg. If we can’t back something up, we can’t state it as fact here. Even if we can, like the link I posted by Alexis, there’s still some doubt as to the origin of the information. With as few verified facts as we have in this case, we can’t muddy the waters further with things that are unsubstantiated.

RIP M+J

First post in thread one appears to be by our Dearly Departed Los:

los2188
North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

“MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trail

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

(@los2188
@Foxfire

:candle: :candle:
:heart: :heart: )

Foxfire. Are Lizzie and Lyric connected? Or do we have 2plus perps?

LE has not found a connection between L and L and A and L.

But neither did they to MJK.

So many nutjobs running around it very well could be totally different killers.

@los2188 and @Foxfire please give us a sign!!

Who is Bridge Guy? Who killed Abby and Libby? Who killed Lizzie and Lyric?
Thank you margarita, I’m sorry to hear about Los, I wasn’t aware of Abigail and Liberty’ thread when it first happened so didn’t have the privilege of knowing Los, even if only online.
Thank you for the info, I have been reading thread one and I’m sad to say I’m not shocked even though I should be.
I hope LE are closer to catching the person responsible and the girls get the justice they deserve. He needs to be caught before he strikes again as I’ve seen a few posts from people who think this is not the first time he’s struck.
If it is the man pictured on the bridge, it strikes me how casual he appears, as in not hurried, not panicked. I also read a post saying one of the girls recorded his voice, which has been released to the public, is there a link anywhere ? Ty in advance.

THIS IS GREAT !! Thanks Tricia for re-opening the discussion thread as I have been stalking the media thread daily since my trip to Delphi and the trails.
It is AWESOME to have fresh "eyes" in here and ideas so lets keep the conversation flowing (hopefully without us getting into trouble :) )

Thank you margarita, I’m sorry to hear about Los, I wasn’t aware of Abigail and Liberty’ thread when it first happened so didn’t have the privilege of knowing Los, even if only online.
Thank you for the info, I have been reading thread one and I’m sad to say I’m not shocked even though I should be.
I hope LE are closer to catching the person responsible and the girls get the justice they deserve. He needs to be caught before he strikes again as I’ve seen a few posts from people who think this is not the first time he’s struck.
If it is the man pictured on the bridge, it strikes me how casual he appears, as in not hurried, not panicked. I also read a post saying one of the girls recorded his voice, which has been released to the public, is there a link anywhere ? Ty in advance.

Link to audio. It is looped.

UNKNOWN SUSPECT

Link to audio. It is looped.

UNKNOWN SUSPECT

This is so creepy. If this was all they released, I wonder what he said immediately before and after that? I imagine LE has more. Was this small clip the only part that was innocuous sounding enough to release? I mean if he pulled a gun and threatened Abby and Libby I'm guessing it was too inflammatory/upsetting to release that part and would also reveal too much of the investigation. If a suspect decides to confess LE wants to make sure they have the right man and only BG can tell them what he said before or after telling them to go "down the hill". But I wonder all the same what was said and how much audio they have.

Thank you, so it's all just speculation about the photos and how she held the phone? For some reason I have always been under the impression that the photos were slightly blurry because they came from a video OR were cropped from a larger photo. JMO.
I think they did come from a video, and are several stills that they have shown to the media. Also I made a mistake on one of my posts about the picture, I said Libby, but I meant the pictures of Abby that Libby took. You can tell they are straight on while the picture of the suspect looks to be from a different angle. But, yes, I think the pictures are several stills from a short video. And as far as I know, no-one knows for sure how she managed to take them ( the video) But again, I think the important thing is that they now have a much better FBI sketch, and the hope is that someone will recognize him, as well as his voice, and one of the tips will lead to something. Last I read there were about 30,000 tips! Not sure when that was. Jmo

Very glad to see this thread re-opened. This case has haunted me from day 1. I have that face and that voice imprinted in my brain from seeing it so much, over and over, trying to pick up anything at all.

From a few pages back, I wanted to comment on the gun outline. That's the first thing my husband noticed when I showed him the pic when it came out, because he's a lefty and said that's the side he'd keep a gun concealed on if he carried.

I'm lurking and re-familiarizing myself with the thread rules. I pray daily that BG is identified and caught. The fear on Abby's mom's face during that first night sits in my gut.

Very glad to see this thread re-opened. This case has haunted me from day 1. I have that face and that voice imprinted in my brain from seeing it so much, over and over, trying to pick up anything at all.

From a few pages back, I wanted to comment on the gun outline. That's the first thing my husband noticed when I showed him the pic when it came out, because he's a lefty and said that's the side he'd keep a gun concealed on if he carried.

I'm lurking and re-familiarizing myself with the thread rules. I pray daily that BG is identified and caught. The fear on Abby's mom's face during that first night sits in my gut.

He definitely has something hidden beneath his jacket, I’m wondering if he took trophies with him, as well as having a gun stashed in there.

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators have more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

Alexis McAdams sources have been excellent, imo.

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member