AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there’s just no telling anything right now. LE doesn’t know zilch so how can we know zilch. She could be anywhere, with anyone...

Everybody all I can think of is to share her picture and flyer on every SM you guys have!

In one of the posts above it was stated that no weapon was found inside.
Lurker delurking- this struck me as a bit odd in and of itself. They live in the rural Northwoods and they own no firearms? My husband is from northern Minnesota and he found that as unusual as I did. I am betting that there are at least a rifle and a shotgun that are currently missing.

Lurker delurking- this struck me as a bit odd in and of itself. They live in the rural Northwoods and they own no firearms? My husband is from northern Minnesota and he found that as unusual as I did. I am betting that there are at least a rifle and a shotgun that are currently missing.
Welcome, Erin..... You may be on to something here. I remember reading on the Father's SM that he wished he was at some hunting and fishing cabin of a friend or relatives. Firearms may have been stolen ? There also may be more than one person involved ?

Welcome, Erin..... You may be on to something here. I remember reading on the Father's SM that he wished he was at some hunting and fishing cabin of a friend or relatives. Firearms may have been stolen ? There also may be more than one person involved ?
Entirely possible. LE also needs to (and I'm sure they are) keep an eye on local pawnshops, anyone trying to sell a newly acquired weapon, etc. This seems like information they would likely have and be withholding as something only a perpetrator would know.

How isolated is the house? Would there be any neighbors down the road with security cameras, or businesses with cameras they could check footage around the time period of the gunshots (coming in or out of the area)?

Hi Paula, welcome! :)

It is now pretty much Standard Procedure, and has been for years, for LE to canvass and collect any and all nearby surveillance footage.

It takes a long time to comb through all the footage sometimes depending on the system, content, etc, sometimes LE has to go back to a house or business of the persons aren’t there, etc...

Long story short, you can bet they are doing this. It doesn’t seem as though there have been any immediate results but hopefully something can and will pop up soon, maybe via a traffic cam or business/residential cam upon entrance and exit routes, etc.

Still catching up, how close is to the highway?

Last edited:
This doesn't seem accusatory to the father to me at all. Cody's question just made me think of Elizabeth Smart and the fact that Elizabeth's father had hired the kidnapper to do work at their home......
Agreed.
My friend's oldest son works as a prison guard.
She fears for him and he takes precautions for the safety of his family (wife and baby girl); limited social media , etc.

Or --- Sometimes a coworker can hold a grudge against you for perceived slights or work related issues.
I'm sure LE is looking at every possible angle.

I don't think they would issue an AMBER alert if they had any indication this was a murder/suicide. Jayme wouldn't be endangered with the risk of immediate harm.

Yeah, I would think if this is an abduction of a 13-yr old by someone who's just murdered two adults in the past 24 hours that the exception for no car details is very understandable.

How isolated is the house? Would there be any neighbors down the road with security cameras, or businesses with cameras they could check footage around the time period of the gunshots (coming in or out of the area)?
The neighbor in the articles live a 3 min walk and .1 mile from the home. It's a very rural area. The fact that they heard the gunshots mean there is no city or street noise. There's a railroad behind the property but not sure if active.

I'm not familiar with that one. I'm kind of afraid to ask...but?
MOO
Here is what happened to Shasta and her family:

Transcripts detail murder, kidnapping case

Sadly, this is Shasta today- my heart goes out to her, I can certainly see why she ended up on drugs, after what she went through. I am sure that this haunts her everyday of her life- witnessing her parents and two brothers murders- especially her brother Dylan, who she saw killed and buried in the woods by that monster. While I never condone drug use, in this case, I am sure poor Shasta is on them to no doubt escape the horror she survived back in 2005:
Shasta Groene violates probation for endangering child

Address of the home: 1268 US-8, Barron, WI 54812

Street view of the home: Google Maps

Photos of the home: Paul Blume on Twitter

I took it to mean no murder weapon was found. Maybe they owned guns but they were locked away.

Hi Paula, welcome.

It is now pretty much Standard Procedure, and has been for years, for LE to canvass and collect any and all nearby surveillance footage.

It takes a long time to comb through all the footage sometimes depending on the system, content, etc, sometimes LE has to go back to a house or business of the persons aren’t there, etc...

Long story short, you can bet they are doing this. It doesn’t seem as though there have been any immediate results but hopefully something f can and will pop up soon, maybe a traffic cam or business cam upon exit routes, etc.

Still catching up, how close to the highway?
The home was on a highway. US-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member