AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what happened to Shasta and her family:

Transcripts detail murder, kidnapping case

Sadly, this is Shasta today- my heart goes out to her, I can certainly see why she ended up on drugs, after what she went through. I am sure that this haunts her everyday of her life- witnessing her parents and two brothers murders- especially her brother Dylan, who she saw killed and buried in the woods by that monster. While I never condone drug use, in this case, I am sure poor Shasta is on them to no doubt escape the horror she survived back in 2005:
Shasta Groene violates probation for endangering child
Ohhhhhhh, that one..... Thank you, Steelslady. Poor girl didn't have much of a chance, did she? :(

It was reported that no one actually spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call, but rather a plea for help was heard from someone in the background on the call. That is odd. Could someone have called from a few feet away from an online computer? How do you make a call when you are not near the phone or, if you do make a call, why not speak when your call is answered? I feel a little sick when I think of possible answers to that question.

I think there might be several options here. Can't phones be set up for voice activation, could someone have managed to say "call 911" but not been able to say anything else?

Or could J have been hiding in a closet and managed to call 911 but been too scared to speak in case she was heard and found by the perp?

Her address, bbm:

UPDATE: Adults found dead in Barron Co. were parents of missing 13-year-old girl

The Barron County Sheriff's Department says it received a 911 call around 1 a.m. Monday from a person asking for help at the address of 1268 Highway 8, in the Town of Barron. When deputies arrived at the house, they found the two parents dead inside, killed by gunshot wounds. Deputies say they didn’t find any weapons in the home.

Bringing forward Rainynights' post with the exact address above for those asking. HWY 8 is also called 13 1/2 Ave. The house seems to be on one of the main roads through the town of Barron but it is outside of town and on a large lot. There are neighbors but it looks like the trees would have blocked views of the house. JMO.

Google Maps

Google streetview (address is off slightly on the streetview): Google Maps

Realtor is not always accurate, but it says their lot is 1.24 acres and house was last sold in 2001: Check out the home I found in Barron

Last edited:
Amber Alert: Teen missing, parents found dead in Wisconsin home

He said they found the bodies of Jayme Closs' parents, who were later identified by the sheriff's department as 56-year-old James Closs and his 46-year-old wife, Denise Closs.

Deputies searched the area around the family's home with drones and infrared equipment, but they didn't find any clues as to her whereabouts

Officers also were at Jayme's middle school talking with her friends and acquaintances, hoping to develop some leads,

I think there might be several options here. Can't phones be set up for voice activation, could someone have managed to say "call 911" but not been able to say anything else?

Or could J have been hiding in a closet and managed to call 911 but been too scared to speak in case she was heard and found by the perp?

I wonder which lab/agency is doing the audio enhancement.

Either is possible. I would also add that one of the parents may have called 911, but became weak and dropped the phone. ?

I can never forget what happened to Shasta. I was around for that one too.
Just a miracle she alone made it out of his hands.
People need to be on alert with her photo everywhere possible.
It's so likely she's still in the general area, but in cases like this one, who can say.
Has this story hit the national news cycle yet?
Chi

Denise Closs & James Closs: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Both James and Denise Closs worked at Jennie-O, which is a turkey plant in Barron, a town of about 3,300 people located in rural, northwestern Wisconsin.

Jennie-O is a major employer in the small community.

“I love to dance at Christine’s Dance Jazz, ice-skating, valleyball (sic), swim, Art, cross country, Track, Dance,” Jayme wrote on her Facebook page, which she filled with photos of herself with a middle school sports team and in dance outfits.

A relative wrote a frantic post on Facebook about Jayme Closs.” Please please please help! This is my 13-year-old cousin, her parents were shot to death this morning in Barron County Wisconsin and she is missing. She has blonde hair green eyes. Her name is Jayme, she is sweet and shy and we need to get her back!” she wrote.

What a horrific situation! With so little information right now it's impossible to tell what happened at that house.

One thing that struck me though was the neighbor hearing two shots. IMO that seems like the murders were more "business" than personal, like an execution. I don't mean that literally as in a hit for hire but rather more like killing the parents being part of the crime but not the crime itself.

I'm having difficulty expressing what I mean... if it was personal then I'd expect more anger in the attack, like beating or stabbing the victims. It makes me wonder if the parents were killed simply to eliminate witnesses. If so then it very well may have been a home invasion. Or someone obsessed with Jayme getting rid of "obstacles." IOW, the parents may not have been the focus of the murders. JMO.

But if it was a home invasion then why do it when the house was occupied? Why not wait until it was empty to rob them? And why this particular house?

Of course none of this explains why Jayme is missing. If Jayme was the "goal" then she is indeed in danger.

If LE is able to decipher the 911 call it may shed some light on what transpired. In any case, no matter the circumstances I hope Jayme is found soon!

What a horrific situation! With so little information right now it's impossible to tell what happened at that house.

One thing that struck me though was the neighbor hearing two shots. IMO that seems like the murders were more "business" than personal, like an execution. I don't mean that literally as in a hit for hire but rather more like killing the parents being part of the crime but not the crime itself.

I'm having difficulty expressing what I mean... if it was personal then I'd expect more anger in the attack, like beating or stabbing the victims. It makes me wonder if the parents were killed simply to eliminate witnesses. If so then it very well may have been a home invasion. Or someone obsessed with Jayme getting rid of "obstacles." IOW, the parents may not have been the focus of the murders. JMO.

But if it was a home invasion then why do it when the house was occupied? Why not wait until it was empty to rob them? And why this particular house?

Of course none of this explains why Jayme is missing. If Jayme was the "goal" then she is indeed in danger.

If LE is able to decipher the 911 call it may shed some light on what transpired. In any case, no matter the circumstances I hope Jayme is found soon!

These are my thoughts at the moment as well, I was having a hard time explaining and was just trying to type something like this.

I can never forget what happened to Shasta. I was around for that one too.
Just a miracle she alone made it out of his hands.
People need to be on alert with her photo everywhere possible.
It's so likely she's still in the general area, but in cases like this one, who can say.
Has this story hit the national news cycle yet?
Chi

It's hit the major news stations in Colorado, so hopefully!

Wonder of either parent had a place at work to keep photos. Maybe someone from work took an interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong