When was Nedra informed of the "Kidnapping"?

FY1234

Reaction score
I have always wondered when was Patsy's mother told about JBR being "kidnapped". Throughout my research I found nothing until recently. Below is a page of Officer French's report.
See the last paragraph where he talks about Nedra but there are no specifics on when Nedra was informed of the situation.
Who called Nedra? When? Why is there no mention of this elsewhere?
Makes me wonder if Nedra already knew way before 6am on the 26th....

file-nov-23-6-43-34-pm.jpeg

I have always wondered when was Patsy's mother told about JBR being "kidnapped". Throughout my research I found nothing until recently. Below is a page of Officer French's report.
See the last paragraph where he talks about Nedra but there are no specifics on when Nedra was informed of the situation.

I have often wondered when Nedra found out too. It is odd to me that there isn't much mention of her until the funerals. Since she was so close to PR and JBR; I suspect she was called by PR right away. But none of the books I have read ever address it. It does seem odd that right away she is accusing someone just like JR and PR did. Maybe she had a call in the middle of the night?

As I showed in another post a few days ago, Nedra Paugh was in on the cover-up early in the morning on 12/26.

FY1234,
Good question, a clue is in Rick French's report:
BPD Field Report by Rick French Excerpt

When Nedra Paugh, Patricia Ramsey's mother, was advised by telephone of the incident, she asked that the officers on the scene be told of Linda Hoffman-Pugh's often commenting on how beautiful JonBenet was and if Mrs Ramsey was concerned about her being kidmapped

i.e. Nedra must have been phoned after the 911 call and during the period when Patsy was phoning all and sundry.

FY1234,
Good question, a clue is in Rick French's report:
BPD Field Report by Rick French Excerpt

i.e. Nedra must have been phoned after the 911 call and during the period when Patsy was phoning all and sundry.

It also shows that more than likely Patsy called Nedra before 5:52am.

Cottonstar,
How would Nedra know that there were officers on the scene? That bolded phrase does not sound like Nedra talk, that's LEA jargon.

So Rick French might be putting words into Nedra's mouth, but then that would mean he knows when the phone call took place, e.g. in his presence or as you suggest prior to the 911 call?

If Rick French is talking in the past tense when he says Patricia Ramsey's mother, was advised by telephone of the incident

This must mean Rick French knows Patsy phoned Nedra prior to dialling 911.

I have never known BPD to confirm this though !

According to Steve Thomas, Rol Hoverstock told police about the phone call to Nedra. If Hoverstock was present for it, as seems likely, the call to Nedra was well after the 911 call.

I found this in the Vanity Fair article
JonBenet Ramsey: Missing Innocence

On the morning of December 26, Patsy Ramsey phoned her mother in Atlanta. Immediately, Pam, Polly, and Polly’s husband flew to Boulder.

So it seems Patsy did call Nedra that morning but Linda A. doesn't mention the call in her report.

Were the calls made from the Ramsey home on 12/26 looked into?

According to Steve Thomas, Rol Hoverstock told police about the phone call to Nedra. If Hoverstock was present for it, as seems likely, the call to Nedra was well after the 911 call.
Sure. But, for Nedra to have convienantly start to babble about LHP and how she used to say JBR was beautiful and how she once said are they worried about her being kidnapped etc...leads me to believe that this call was planted. Kinda convienant that it was Pastor Rol who was fed this info. I guess it means more coming from a priest.

Sure. But, for Nedra to have convienantly start babbling about LHP and how she used to say JBR was beautiful and how she once said are they worried about her being kidnapped etc...leads me to believe that this call was planted. Kinda convienant that it was Pastor Rol who was fed this info. I guess it means more coming from a priest.
Any innocent oblivious grandmother who had just lost(or was kidnapped) granddaughter, isn’t going to be feeding the same lines and script to the authorities as both Patsy and John were. This is what she did before 8am.

Sure. But, for Nedra to have convienantly start to babble about LHP and how she used to say JBR was beautiful and how she once said are they worried about her being kidnapped etc...leads me to believe that this call was planted. Kinda convienant that it was Pastor Rol who was fed this info. I guess it means more coming from a priest.

So Nedra asks who has a key to the house and Patsy says that LHP does. More nattering about LHP follows. Rol Hoverstock reports what he has overheard and Patsy's comments.

So Nedra asks who has a key to the house and Patsy says that LHP does. More nattering about LHP follows. Rol Hoverstock reports what he has overheard and Patsy's comments.

Really it’s easy to see.

Officer French report:

When Nedra Paugh, Patricia Ramseys mother, was advised by telephone of the incident, she asked that the officers on the scene be told of Linda Hoffman-Pugh, often commenting on how beautiful JonBenet was and if Ms. Ramsey was concerned that she might be kidnapped. Mrs. Paugh’s comments were relayed to me by (REDACTED).

Anyone else remember Nedra's infamous slip that " JBR might have been a little bit molested?"

My theory on when Nedra knew anything was when Patsy called her to help construct the " Ransom Letter" in the middle of the night.
Patsy wrote it but I have always thought some of the phrases which aren't from movies came straight from Nedra. Like the money instructions, non- instructions is what they really were, the " fat cat" and " good Southern common sense" phrases.
Nedra and Don both worked for John and it was a running joke between the 3 of them that John was " a transplanted Yankee turned Southerner".

Really it’s easy to see.

Officer French report:

When Nedra Paugh, Patricia Ramseys mother, was advised by telephone of the incident, she asked that the officers on the scene be told of Linda Hoffman-Pugh, often commenting on how beautiful JonBenet was and if Ms. Ramsey was concerned that she might be kidnapped. Mrs. Paugh’s comments were relayed to me by (REDACTED).

Cottonstar,
Have you considered what Nedra is alleged to have said was factually correct? Presumably in your theory Patsy phoned Nedra twice that morning, i.e. once before the 911 call and one after?

Cottonstar,
Have you considered what Nedra is alleged to have said was factually correct? Presumably in your theory Patsy phoned Nedra twice that morning, i.e. once before the 911 call and one after?

Yes, I have.

Cottonstar,
What Nedra is alleged to have said can be consistent with one call only after the 911 call.

Sure. Maybe. I wasn’t born yesterday though. Considering how both the Rams laid it on thick to the police about LHP early that morning, it’s just a little too convienant, that Nedra-after hearing that her granddaughter has been kidnapped, just happens to make a point to Father Rol that she heard LHP ask Patsy if she was ever worried about her being kidnapped, she’s beautiful, etc......

okie dokie

Sure. Maybe. I wasn’t born yesterday though. Considering how both the Rams laid it on thick to the police about LHP early that morning, it’s just a little too convienant, that Nedra-after hearing that her granddaughter has been kidnapped, just happens to make a point to Father Rol that she heard LHP ask Patsy if she was ever worried about her being kidnapped, she’s beautiful, etc......

okie dokie

Cottonstar,
Sure the R's laid it on thick regarding LHP, but Nedra's remarks might just be contextual rather than conspiritorial, i.e. JR and PR simply hijack Nedra's comments for their own use?

Proof that the R's phoned the Paugh's prior to the 911 call would seal the deal for your theory.

okie dokie

I agree. I do think there was a call to her in the middle of the night. I think she already knew all about it before the 911 call

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back