AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denise Closs & James Closs: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Both James and Denise Closs worked at Jennie-O, which is a turkey plant in Barron, a town of about 3,300 people located in rural, northwestern Wisconsin.

Jennie-O is a major employer in the small community.

“I love to dance at Christine’s Dance Jazz, ice-skating, valleyball (sic), swim, Art, cross country, Track, Dance,” Jayme wrote on her Facebook page, which she filled with photos of herself with a middle school sports team and in dance outfits.

A relative wrote a frantic post on Facebook about Jayme Closs.” Please please please help! This is my 13-year-old cousin, her parents were shot to death this morning in Barron County Wisconsin and she is missing. She has blonde hair green eyes. Her name is Jayme, she is sweet and shy and we need to get her back!” she wrote.

“No clothing description for Closs was provided. According to WBAY-TV and the Associated Press, it’s believed Jayme Closs was taken from her home by “unknown individual(s), likely with a gun.”“

What a horrific situation! With so little information right now it's impossible to tell what happened at that house.

One thing that struck me though was the neighbor hearing two shots. IMO that seems like the murders were more "business" than personal, like an execution. I don't mean that literally as in a hit for hire but rather more like killing the parents being part of the crime but not the crime itself.

I'm having difficulty expressing what I mean... if it was personal then I'd expect more anger in the attack, like beating or stabbing the victims. It makes me wonder if the parents were killed simply to eliminate witnesses. If so then it very well may have been a home invasion. Or someone obsessed with Jayme getting rid of "obstacles." IOW, the parents may not have been the focus of the murders. JMO.

But if it was a home invasion then why do it when the house was occupied? Why not wait until it was empty to rob them? And why this particular house?

Of course none of this explains why Jayme is missing. If Jayme was the "goal" then she is indeed in danger.

If LE is able to decipher the 911 call it may shed some light on what transpired. In any case, no matter the circumstances I hope Jayme is found soon!

I know what you mean. I think Jayme was targeted - either stalked online and groomed or just noticed from afar - and her parents were merely an obstacle to taking her. A home invasion/robbery does not make sense to me. Both parents worked in a turkey processing factory. If one parent were the town doctor or lawyer or mayor I could understand more of a robbery motive but I doubt this family had all that much to steal.

What a horrific situation! With so little information right now it's impossible to tell what happened at that house.

One thing that struck me though was the neighbor hearing two shots. IMO that seems like the murders were more "business" than personal, like an execution. I don't mean that literally as in a hit for hire but rather more like killing the parents being part of the crime but not the crime itself.

I'm having difficulty expressing what I mean... if it was personal then I'd expect more anger in the attack, like beating or stabbing the victims. It makes me wonder if the parents were killed simply to eliminate witnesses. If so then it very well may have been a home invasion. Or someone obsessed with Jayme getting rid of "obstacles." IOW, the parents may not have been the focus of the murders. JMO.

But if it was a home invasion then why do it when the house was occupied? Why not wait until it was empty to rob them? And why this particular house?

Of course none of this explains why Jayme is missing. If Jayme was the "goal" then she is indeed in danger.

If LE is able to decipher the 911 call it may shed some light on what transpired. In any case, no matter the circumstances I hope Jayme is found soon!
I absolutely agree with your logic here. It sounds like the parents were the obstacles to the ultimate goal, which appears to be the kidnapping of Jayme.

Teen reported missing after her parents are found dead in Wisconsin home
Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said yelling could be heard on the call, including a cry for help, but gave little other information.

Fitzgerald indicated that the Closses had been shot, saying, "This was a gunshot crime scene," but he said no weapons were found nearby.

Authorities searched the area near the home for signs of Jayme, spoke with her friends and searched Riverview Middle School in Barron, officials said.

Teen reported missing after her parents are found dead in Wisconsin home
Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said yelling could be heard on the call, including a cry for help, but gave little other information.

Fitzgerald indicated that the Closses had been shot, saying, "This was a gunshot crime scene," but he said no weapons were found nearby.

Authorities searched the area near the home for signs of Jayme, spoke with her friends and searched Riverview Middle School in Barron, officials said.

RBBM

Dang! I wish I could find out what Broadcastify channel covered this call.

I tend to agree that it seems like taking Jayme was probably the "goal" of the perp or perps but just now reading your post I also wondered if maybe the goal was to murder the parents all along. Perhaps Jayme was not supposed to be there and when the perp saw her he decided to take her instead of murdering her right away? Maybe he had reasons to want the parents dead but was conflicted over harming a child? I really hope that there is some small chance she can be found alive and unharmed. It doesn't look good though. :(

But that isn’t to say that her kidnapper is keeping her in a unheated shed somewhere nearby! In this area, it is a possibility.
That’s certainly possible. But he represents the far greater danger at this point. He’s killed two people already, and there’s little reason for him to keep her alive for any length of time. The clock is ticking right now.

I went on to google earth to see if i could find the residence on highway 8
800barroncounty1.jpg

And I came across this residency with the same red truck
mfNr9HvwzoYWAyvFA

1396 US-8 Barron,WI if the image doesnt show up

I looked on google earth to see if there were any registered sex offenders near her residence
One of my questions was if any of the family vehicles were missing. From the two photos following the crime, it appears that the family vehicles are the car in front of the garage and the red pickup. I really don't like that the sheriff's mobile crime vehicle is within the crime scene. What about tire prints or footprints?

One of my questions was if any of the family vehicles were missing. From the two photos following the crime, it appears that the family vehicles are the car in front of the garage and the red pickup. I really don't like that the sheriff's mobile crime vehicle is within the crime scene. What about tire prints or footprints?
Yeah. The perpetrator probably left the same way he came, in his own vehicle. Had a car been stolen, LE would have released that information by now, as that would be key to apprehending him and saving Jayme.

Oh no.
This reminds me of the Kirsten Fritch case:
GUILTY - TX - Kirsten Fritch, 16, Baytown, 8 November 2016 *Arrest*
Kirsten was another victim in that case (she was taken from the house and murdered).

I wonder if there is a "boyfriend" or older man who could have taken Jayme?
Best not to jump to conclusions until we know more. JMO.
Yes, Gardener -- I don't know which way to think -- Her being kidnapped by some middle-aged child molester, or some horny 16 y/o who wants to marry her and start a little family.

Let's hope she was able to get out of the house and hide somewhere, and that she will come back home safe tomorrow. But mom & dad won't be there. Hoping she has some close, caring family nearby.

I know what you mean. I think Jayme was targeted - either stalked online and groomed or just noticed from afar - and her parents were merely an obstacle to taking her. A home invasion/robbery does not make sense to me. Both parents worked in a turkey processing factory. If one parent were the town doctor or lawyer or mayor I could understand more of a robbery motive but I doubt this family had all that much to steal.

I agree. It feels personal. But if indeed there were only 2 gunshots, perhaps not "uncontrolled rage" or "out of control on drugs" personal. It doesn't seem like a random home invasion. MOO.

An interesting question would be did they find a gun in the house (report posted here suggest no), and should they have found a gun in the home? Was a gun missing from the home.
I agree, my question here is, did the family have a gun in the home and it was used to murder the parents? Or the family did not own a gun and the person who killed them brought their own weapon.......

Okay this is horrifying to even think about.
I don't know what to type. What to imagine.
Does anyone know if there are any other siblings in the family? I would guess not.
I do not want to sleuth the victims in any way, just wondering out loud.
Seriously frightening to think of the outcome...
Chi

If kidnapping Jayme were the sole motive for the crime, it would seem there may be easier methods to achieve that goal that would not involve two murders. Going into an occupied residence to take a child is extremely risky. Perhaps her parents actually were the focus of the perpetrator, and Jayme the unintended victim. The two gunshots seemed to be quick and concise with no hesitation. What if the suspect did not realize that Jayme was home until it was too late, and then just took her. Just thinking out loud here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa