CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

It also baffles me that no one ever tried to find out what happened to her baby boy. She was 5 months pregnant with him when she was murdered. The baby was healthy. She had no drugs or alcohol in her system. Her clothing and overall appearance showed she was taking care of herself.

Some of the fingerprint records aren't uploaded to AFIS, but the FBI is catching up and they have a new technology they're using to help ID people. That's how they recently identified the Andrea Jane Doe of California recently.

Trial in 38-year-old cold case enters third week
Trial in 38-year-old cold case enters third week | Thousand Oaks Acorn

he local Jane Doe was discovered by a Westlake High School groundskeeper on June 18, 1980, at the foot of a dirt hillside in the school’s upper parking lot.

Ventura County Sheriff’s Office investigators concluded that the woman had been sexually assaulted and strangled to death elsewhere before being dumped at the high school.

Her autopsy showed she was about five months pregnant with a son, but no family members or friends ever came forward to identify her. She was estimated to be 20 to 30 years old.

“Somewhere in 1980, there was a child whose mother didn’t come home,” Pentis said in 2015.

Two California Women Still Needing To Be Identified
Updated: May 25, 2018 -
murderforgotten.png

May 25, 2018
"Two California Women Still Needing To Be Identified
Despite police efforts, DNA has proved ineffective with no fingerprint matches or dental records to identify either woman.

If you have any information to identify these women, call the hotline number: 661-868-0119. "

If I'm reading everything correctly, Laura Hernandez is listed in NamUs as having gone missing in Dec. of 1980, where this set of remains was found in July of the same year. However, if you feel strongly about a potential match, I recommend submitting it.
When I checked NamUs, the Jane Doe doesn't appear to be on her comparison list.

If I'm reading everything correctly, Laura Hernandez is listed in NamUs as having gone missing in Dec. of 1980, where this set of remains was found in July of the same year. However, if you feel strongly about a potential match, I recommend submitting it.
When I checked NamUs, the Jane Doe doesn't appear to be on her comparison list.
Laura apparently wasnt reported missing until 1993 though. After 13 years I definitely question the validity of the time frame of the last sighting of her leaving her home.

I think about her a lot, too, and wonder where her child is. I hope he or she is doing well and was raised in a loving family in the absence of his mother.

Wow, this is so strange: I thought about this case just a few days ago, and out of nowhere it kinda hit me that she would be identified soon.. spooky.

Can't wait to see what the DNA sequencing shows!

I was comparing her to Laura Hernandez as well and just can't get there in my mind. While there are some similarities, Jane Doe's features are a bit more chiseled. The nose shape and jaw line/chin is JUST different enough to make me pass on the match. She looks of Mayan decent (there is a large Mexican population with heavy Mayan bloodlines), or maybe even Nicaraguan (same Mayan bloodlines).

My theory is she is from an undocumented migrant family, although she herself was probably raised in the US (either born here or brought over at a young age). I'm not able to find anyone in NamUs who looks like a good match so I think I share the theory that her family was either too afraid to report and/or didn't know who to report it to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back