AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree that it seems like taking Jayme was probably the "goal" of the perp or perps but just now reading your post I also wondered if maybe the goal was to murder the parents all along. Perhaps Jayme was not supposed to be there and when the perp saw her he decided to take her instead of murdering her right away? Maybe he had reasons to want the parents dead but was conflicted over harming a child? I really hope that there is some small chance she can be found alive and unharmed. It doesn't look good though. :(
I think it is likely that this person intended to abduct Jayme but her parents woke up during the abduction and were murdered because of that. I also can not help but to think of the meat packing company and its proximity to the Delphi murders and the mention of Jenne-O plant in Barron. Not to get totally off track but there is some resemblance of Jayme and the girls in Delphi. Her facebook pictures with her friend really took me back.

I agree, my question here is, did the family have a gun in the home and it was used to murder the parents? Or the family did not own a gun and the person who killed them brought their own weapon.......
This seems to have been a premeditated crime. If that’s the case, he certainly would have come prepared, and that means bringing his own weapon.

From what I’ve gathered from social media, the mother and daughter were practicing Catholics. <modsnip - discussing SM comments>. Also, Jayme’s mom posted more than once about her “God daughter.” Neighbors reported them being somewhat reclusive. I hope they have found out which parish they belong to and have questioned those they were close to there. Perp could be someone from their church.

I also noted a picture of Jayme in a camo jacket most likely used for hunting. Maybe she has been taught to survive in the outdoors as well and scared somewhere; or has been taught how to use a gun. It’s strange how little information about the family has been shared. Even if they kept to themselves, it seems that due to the large amount of activities she participated in someone would say something?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It feels personal. But if indeed there were only 2 gunshots, perhaps not "uncontrolled rage" or "out of control on drugs" personal. It doesn't seem like a random home invasion. MOO.
This is interesting... only two gunshots. And from the neighbor's account, in somewhate quick succession. This leads me to picture parents shot in bed. First one while sleeping, second quickly after before having chance to get up, or call for help. Therefore, 911 call made by Jayme then goes to hide or get away before she gets a chance to say anything to operator, leaving phone behind. The call for help heard in background would be her.

I have no other info to share and I sleuth the info that can possibly be found..... I have found out the Father is now listed as a "craftsman."... Whatever that means ? and the Mom was a housewife........ We are cool....Good luck with your sleuthing and I hope they find Jayme safely and justice for her parents.
Craftsman could be a cabinet-maker; a fine-furniture maker; someone who does high-quality wood works.

If kidnapping Jayme were the sole motive for the crime, it would seem there may be easier methods to achieve that goal that would not involve two murders. Going into an occupied residence to take a child is extremely risky. Perhaps her parents actually were the focus of the perpetrator, and Jayme the unintended victim. The two gunshots seemed to be quick and concise with no hesitation. What if the suspect did not realize that Jayme was home until it was too late, and then just took her. Just thinking out loud here...
This perpetrator is brazen. He went in with a gun prepared to kill, and did. His intent was to take Jayme.
MOO

Most likely the perp was recently released from prison and settled in the area somewhere.

He also most likely went to a gas station before the crime.

He probably does side work on houses or cars.

He also most likely uses drugs or bought alot of beer from the local store that day for liquid courage.

The amber alert is 100% needed in these rural towns regardless if a vehicle is known. So its different than a city with 4 million people.

Also Walmart is usually the go to spot for some of these people to buy supplies like hair dye after an abduction. Jmo. But im not sure if there is one out there.

I would check any person renting someones guest house or lives on the property as a helper. Because I doubt this guy clocks in at 9 to 5 job. Jmo

Hopefully she is found safe and r.i.p to her parents.

What line of work brings predators into the family home? I know your heart is in the right place, but this line of questioning seems slightly accusatory toward a dead father. Is there some reason you think he was knowingly associating with predators? And why are you not asking what the mother did for a living as well? Let's keep in mind Jayme and her parents are victims according to the TOS of the site. JMO.
I’m pretty new to WS and particularly sensitive to guarding victim rights, but I do think father’s (and mother’s) occupation could provide leads. If he was an attorney or DA an angry client or family member may have sought revenge for incarceration. If he was a stockbroker maybe someone blamed him for financial ruin. If he was a realtor, maybe she’s hiding in a vacant house he’s listing or maybe he met the perp showing him houses. Etc. Etc. Is victim occupation really protected by terms of service? In the Watts case, SW’s occupation was discussed from day one.

This perpetrator is brazen. He went in with a gun prepared to kill if necessary. And he did. His intent was to take Jayme.
MOO
Agreed. If the parents were the targets, I would expect more gunshots.

In that case, I would either expect Jayme to have been killed alongside them, or be left unharmed.

To take her along with you, is an incredible risk, unless she was the target all along.

While the trail at this moment appears cold, as per LE, here are some scenarios we can hope for

(Just has a thought...check robberies today, maybe banks...again just a thought)

Anyway here some some things we can hope for:

1. The suspect talked to someone about this crime either before or since and that witness comes foreward (family, friend, etc.).

2. Someone sees Jayme after recognizing her picture on SM or the news and calls LE.

3. Someone sees a woman who appears to be in distress and calls LE, even though they don’t know Jayme.

4. The pair (what how does LE know it’s just one suspect?) is spotted during the perp’s commission of another crime and hopefully nobody is hurt and the suspect is apprehended and Jayme is recovered safely.

5. LE receives a new lead via surveillance footage (business, residential or traffic/toll)
(Any nearby toll booths? They would check this).

6. Something new comes back from electronic footprint analysis.

7. Jayme escapes from her abductor.

8. The FBI gets a hit on a similar case/previous crime which leads them to the perp’s identity.

9. The perp turns himself in (very unlikely, moo, hardly worth typing as a possibility but that would be great wouldn’t it )

Last edited:
Agreed. If the parents were the targets, I would expect more gunshots.

In that case, I would either expect Jayme to have been killed alongside them, or be left unharmed.

To take her along with you, is an incredible risk, unless she was the target all along.

(Haha I don’t even have to look at your name to know it’s you posting, MassGuy. Good to see you here, I appreciate your logical thoughts in other cases.)

I agree. It feels personal. But if indeed there were only 2 gunshots, perhaps not "uncontrolled rage" or "out of control on drugs" personal. It doesn't seem like a random home invasion. MOO.
That's an interesting thought. If we eliminate a home invasion/robbery for the moment and look at a criminal who is able to scare three people into submission and execute two (probably unarmed) with one shot each in cold blood then you're right, it doesn't sound like someone high on drugs or raging.

In your opinion do you think it indicates someone with a criminal history? Thoughts on age?

The motive keeps coming back to Jayme or at least it's very much looking like it.

Check out older brothers and fathers of Jayme's friends.

Check out older boys and men who attend Jayme's dance practices and performances.
They will also be looking at her social media and text messages. It’s possible that she communicated with this guy at some point.

Child predators are sometimes willing to go to incredible lengths to get what they want, to include multiple murder.

This seems to have been a premeditated crime. If that’s the case, he certainly would have come prepared, and that means bringing his own weapon.

I get that feeling as well.

I also can't wrap my head around this. Being born and raised in North Central Wisconsin, we simply didn't see this type of crime at all. There were occasional property crimes; people's hunting shacks or cabins broken into, petty theft, under-age drinking, but not crimes of this nature. And, much of our family still resides there, so we are up-to-date on the latest news.

When the manufacturing jobs went out of the U.S., Wisconsin took a big hit. And, the state never really recovered.

I believe this is somehow tied to drugs. Having said this, I am not pointing fingers at either one of the parents or Jayme; I'm not victim-blaming.

JMVHO.

This is interesting... only two gunshots. And from the neighbor's account, in somewhate quick succession. This leads me to picture parents shot in bed. First one while sleeping, second quickly after before having chance to get up, or call for help. Therefore, 911 call made by Jayme then goes to hide or get away before she gets a chance to say anything to operator, leaving phone behind. The call for help heard in background would be her.
Yes, if the gunshots were heard by neighbors at around 1:00 a.m., the parents very well could have been in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23