AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Scenario One: Robbery gone wrong, parents were killed and either due to morals or opportunity Jayme was taken
    • Scenario One v2: Robbery gone wrong, parents were killed and Jayme was taken and killed elsewhere
  • Scenario Two: Murder with the intent to take Jayme
  • Scenario Three: Murder-suicide with Jayme being killed beforehand
    • Scenario Three v2: Murder-suicide with Jayme being taken beforehand
  • Scenario Four: Jayme was already gone when the murders took place due to unrelated events

I'm really just trying to simplify all the possibilities that I can think of? Like no convoluted her online boyfriend kidnapped her just x then y. With the two gunshots, I'd imagine the parents would have had to be asleep or restrained.

I get that feeling as well.

I also can't wrap my head around this. Being born and raised in North Central Wisconsin, we simply didn't see this type of crime at all. There were occasional property crimes; people's hunting shacks or cabins broken into, petty theft, under-age drinking, but not crimes of this nature. And, much of our family still resides there, so we are up-to-date on the latest news.

When the manufacturing jobs went out of the U.S., Wisconsin took a big hit. And, the state never really recovered.

I believe this is somehow tied to drugs. Having said this, I am not pointing fingers at either one of the parents or Jayme; I'm not victim-blaming.

JMVHO.

The fact that this is a type of home invasion leads me to believe that perhaps this perp possibly has a previous record of robbery (and who knows what else).

I’m still trying to feel out if this is a younger perp vs older perp, but can’t tell right now IMO with such little info released.

I get that feeling as well.

I also can't wrap my head around this. Being born and raised in North Central Wisconsin, we simply didn't see this type of crime at all. There were occasional property crimes; people's hunting shacks or cabins broken into, petty theft, under-age drinking, but not crimes of this nature. And, much of our family still resides there, so we are up-to-date on the latest news.

When the manufacturing jobs went out of the U.S., Wisconsin took a big hit. And, the state never really recovered.

I believe this is somehow tied to drugs. Having said this, I am not pointing fingers at either one of the parents or Jayme; I'm not victim-blaming.

JMVHO.
Unless information comes out to the contrary, I don’t like the drug angle here.

I think it’s far more likely to have been a sexually motivated abduction, or something along those lines, than having any sort of connection to drugs.

This seems personal, and premeditated.

I think it’s far more likely to have been a sexually motivated abduction, or something along those lines, than having any sort of connection to drugs.

RBBM

Yes, I can definitely see that angle. But then, why Jayme? Why not one of the other teenage girls in the area?

More information would be good here!

Might I note that to my knowledge there still has not been arrest in Russell and Shirley Dermond’s case. Please don’t let this all go cold like their case has. I’m worried.

All resources are being utilized. We can bet on that. In fact I’d call this a “MANHUNT”...kind of hard though to track a man when you don’t know who the man is.

This is my vote, for now, and subject to change pending further information.

I’m pretty new to WS and particularly sensitive to guarding victim rights, but I do think father’s (and mother’s) occupation could provide leads. If he was an attorney or DA an angry client or family member may have sought revenge for incarceration. If he was a stockbroker maybe someone blamed him for financial ruin. If he was a realtor, maybe she’s hiding in a vacant house he’s listing or maybe he met the perp showing him houses. Etc. Etc. Is victim occupation really protected by terms of service? In the Watts case, SW’s occupation was discussed from day one.

He's a craftsman and worked at a turkey processing factory (Jennie-O). No, discussing the careers of victims is not against TOS as far as I know. It was the wording of the original post I was responding to and multiple posts about the father only (not the mother) before that one that made me think a suggestion was being made about the father somehow knowingly bringing around predators (this is a father who was murdered). But we have moved past that now and ironed out the misunderstanding. I really can't see how his factory job could have played a role, unless someone at his work had a personal vendetta or noticed Jayme's photo in a locker-- and really, that could happen with any job IMO. Predators or violent psychopaths are in all professions is all I was saying.

Was she on the internet talking to older guys? Was she pretending to be older and telling older guys that her parents were abusive?

Unless there’s a delay in LE getting back SM analysis, etc I would guess not, since LE has zilch at the moment, unless she was on something like whatsapp maybe and had a burner phone...

I suppose a groomer predator could have supplied her with one.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, did she have a phone and what is the status of that, tia.

Unless there’s a delay in LE getting back SM analysis, etc I would guess not, since LE has zilch at the moment, unless she was on something like whatsapp maybe and had a burner phone...

I suppose a groomer predator could have supplied her with one.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, did she have a phone and what is the status of that, tia.
To my knowledge we haven't heard about her having a phone.

Random thoughts...

How did Jayme get to and from school?
If she took the bus, where was the bus stop?
Did someone see her at the bus stop in the mornings/afternoons?
Is track or cross-country ongoing now?
Where did she run for practice?
What businesses did she run past?
Whose homes did she run past?
Was there road construction near the home?
Homes being built?
Were there people who saw her run on a regular basis?
MOO

He's a craftsman and worked at a turkey processing factory (Jennie-O). No, discussing the careers of victims is not against TOS as far as I know. It was the wording of the original post I was responding to and multiple posts about the father only (not the mother) before that one that made me think a suggestion was being made about the father somehow knowingly bringing around predators (this is a father who was murdered). But we have moved past that now and ironed out the misunderstanding. I really can't see how his factory job could have played a role, unless someone at his work had a personal vendetta or noticed Jayme's photo in a locker-- and really, that could happen with any job IMO. Predators or violent psychopaths are in all professions is all I was saying.
Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member