AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m only on pg 20, but if there was a light snow even melted, there should be mud/wet dirt for footprints and tracks? If she was unwillingly abducted and struggled they’d be scuffed or no struggle and clear prints of at least two people leaving. I’m just trying to figure out what info LE may have.

I’m only on pg 20, but if there was a light snow even melted, there should be mud/wet dirt for footprints and tracks? If she was unwillingly abducted and struggled they’d be scuffed or no struggle and clear prints of at least two people leaving. I’m just trying to figure out what info LE may have.
Anyone would leave (somewhat) willing if they had a gun pointed at their back though.

Of course, drag marks would offer proof that she didn’t leave willingly.

None of these things are likely to lead them to a killer though, atleast not right away.

So the neighbors shrugged it off as a possible deer or bear shooting at 1am and didn't call the police?

Please folks. Know thy neighbor and tell them to sound the alarm if they hear gun shots regardless if its a wilderness area.

Gee monetti.

None of these things are likely to lead them to a killer though, atleast not right away.

I understand that this wouldn’t immediately lead them to any one person, I was commenting on the fact that it could show that she was taken against her will.

Anyone would leave (somewhat) willing if they had a gun pointed at their back though.

I know this is awful, but I've always told my kids that if someone tries to take them by pointing a gun at them, just run. That they have a better chance of surviving a gunshot than whatever would happen to them by going along.

I know this is awful, but I've always told my kids that if someone tries to take them by pointing a gun at them, just run. That they have a better chance of surviving a gunshot than whatever would happen to them by going along.
That’s absolutely the correct advice.

You are far more likely to survive by attempting to escape, than by complying and putting yourself at the mercy of someone with obviously nefarious motives.

The same goes with a carjacking. Crash that car in a populated area and take your chances.

So the neighbors shrugged it off as a possible deer or bear shooting at 1am and didn't call the police?

Please folks. Know thy neighbor and tell them to sound the alarm if they hear gun shots regardless if its a wilderness area.

Gee monetti.

Where I am (not WI) it’s only legal to hunt coyotes and raccoons after dark. You (generally) use a substantially smaller firearm for both of these critters, like a .22 or .223 I need to look at how far neighbors are but these are less likely to be heard or noticed in a rural area than a larger caliber.

*ETA most property owners I know will immediately report poaching if it’s late night gunfire or spotlighting

I missed the front doorway in this article...

Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for Barron Co. couple; Amber Alert issued for missing daughter

I feel like it’s a worst case scenario for LE once they leave the property. If this guy has a non compliant 13 year old, he’s not heading for MSP or even Eau Claire. He’s going where there are no surveillance cameras. Other than the occasional home security or game camera, there’s a lot of ground he can cover undetected in that part of the state. Jmo.

HT (Horrifying case and worth noting that the perp had no connection at all to the family and randomly targeted the mom and child because their life seemed "perfect" to him): Found Alive - SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*
Also likely connected to that same perp is the unsolved/still missing Sharon Hayden: SC - SC - Sharon Hayden, 39, Boiling Springs, Feb 2018

(Uuuughhh sometimes I ask myself what the heck am I doing here...I’m not even going to click..
Love ya though, G!

ETA:
Ok I’ll click but only because I’m seeking out any kind of insight and am all about case comparisons )

Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for Barron Co. couple; Amber Alert issued for missing daughter
Thank you for sharing this info.

This happened almost 24 hours ago.

Whoever this person who has Jayme is, he’s going to be missed. He won’t show up for school or work or for a family dinner. Someone will notice if they haven’t already.

I’m hoping Jayme can outlast him and stay alive until LE and the community learns who he is and finds him.

Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

I think they added that or I missed it too. This is new info-- where the bodies were found. Sounds like her daddy was running after them or fighting to keep the perp from getting out the door. JMO.

Another tidbit:

Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.

Oh geez, that changes everything.

I'm definitely feeling the guy came in to take Jayme, and now thinking probably not so planned out (like killing the parents first). This sounds more like her parents tried to stop him and each received a gunshot to subdue them. The dad at least tried to follow but succumbed to his injury. Or maybe he was shot in the open doorway and that's why the second shot sounded louder to neighbor.

It also changes my thinking to stranger, meaning the parents didn't know him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj