AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speculative thoughts, if the perp is an adult:

1. Sexual Offender, registered or unregistered.

2. May have a history of breaking an entering, or similar crimes such as burglary and vandalism.

3. Experience with Firearms

——

Or is this a younger perp?

——

Is he a loner? Does he do drugs? Does he have a history of DV and other assaults on people. Not just women. But people.

For all of you who have been around awhile, if this guy took Jayme with the idea of having her/wanting her...is he more likely to keep her alive, or use her and get rid of her? I know that's a callous way of saying it, but what is the more typical scenario?
It will depend on how cornered and panicked he feels. Communicating with him right now, even indirectly through the media is very important. He needs clear and calm instructions. Now would be a good time for all those who pray to kick it in to full gear.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This is such a small town it seems to me whoever killed the parents and took Jayme had to have seen her prior to this fatal night. I mean what are the odds someone would just happen across a home in the boonies and murder 2 parents and take their teen daughter on a whim?
Small.... This person planned this and has a place to take her all ready for them both....He has been watching, wanting, and building up his nerve for a while now.....He has made his fantasy come true.

(Uuuughhh sometimes I ask myself what the heck am I doing here...I’m not even going to click..
Love ya though, G!

ETA:
Ok I’ll click but only because I’m seeking out any kind of insight and am all about case comparisons )

I don't know if there's a comparison really other than it was a random home invasion (rare). I'll save you some reading: Mom coming home with her 3 babies (infant, toddler and 4 year old) was ambushed in her home. Violent offender recently released on early parole raped mom and beat her almost to death :mad: (she was in intensive care in hospital and barely able to speak but she described him when able). Mom yelled for HT to run but he grabbed the 4 year old and took her with him in a car he previously stole from Sharon Hayden (missing woman). He drove halfway across the country, at some point raping the child as well. :mad: Thankfully, some railroad workers in Alabama noticed his car parked in an odd place and called police. Police rescued the child from the car. He took off again but was caught later in another state and sits in prison now.

I don't know why I keep reading here either sometimes... Other than sometimes children are rescued and found alive like in above case. Good outcomes happen and there are good people working to stop the evil ones. Let's hope someone is paying attention and notices JC with whomever has her. Had those railroad workers in HT's case not called police, who knows if she would have been found alive. :(

I’m less than an hour south of Barron. The area is cabin country. There are many hunting cabins as well as lake cabins. Not necessary to drive to a bigger city to hide. Very scary thought but she could be somewhere not that easy to be found.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, slomo! :)
We enjoy having locals here, thank you for joining us.

It will depend on how cornered and panicked he feels. Communicating with him right now, even indirectly through the media is very important. He needs clear and calm instructions. Now would be a good time for all those who pray to kick it in to full gear.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Ugh. I'm going to hold onto the thought that anyone who goes through this much trouble to get a girl is going to want to get the most out of it...meaning, she has a least a few days. And maybe, hopefully, he will be so distracted by the fact that he just committed double homicide, he won't do the thing that he took her for.

It snowed a few days ago but none of it stuck around. The ground is essentially dry again. I don’t think there’s much chance of prints unless the driveway is dirt or something. I was out in the grass with my dog (early) last night in moccasins and they didn’t get wet.

[thanks for the welcome, I’ve been here a long time I just didn’t post! :)]
Thanks, I thought previous posters had said there was snow. Microclimates are crazy though, the way the hills and valleys are in my region I may get a couple inches of snow or rain, someone 5mi west may get more and someone 2mi south may get nothing. Is it more flat there?

See imo it’s easy to naturally envision an “on the run” type scenario similar to Hannah Anderson’s case; however with the suspect being unknown at this time this dirt bsg could be sitting in the comfort of his own home right now on the couch with a box of popcorn.

With her god knows where, dead or alive. Under who knows what type of conditions.

Can you imagine her state of mind right now if she saw her parents killed?

——

ETA:
Conversely if they are traveling, I think this situation has an increased potential volatility.

This raw video gives a good idea of her home, etc:

Barron crime scene

Bumping this raw footage of the crime scene that is the best I've seen yet (*video at quoted link).

Also adding a couple photos showing some items that are being taken away, not sure if the items were part of the property or not, but interesting to note. Jmo

IMO, looks like a seemingly transparent object (screen?) being carried away on the left
DpjvD7GUcAAhscr.jpg
Photo source: KatieSteiner on Twitter

A chair
barron6.jpg
Photo source: Amber Alert issued: Deputies search for Wisconsin girl whose parents are dead

I tell the same to granddaughter. I also told her if someone with bad intent approaches us and we’re alone hiking, her job is to run and get help. Grammy will give them what for. She didn’t like the idea of leaving her grandma so she asked, “what if I have a stick?” I told her to run anyways but of course my mind wander off to pointy sticks and Monty Python. We don’t hike alone anymore but if we did, Grammy might be packin’

I’m so worried about Jayme. I was hoping she had escaped and hiding but as time passes, my hope fades. Praying for her, her family and friends.

RBBM

I like the way you think!!! Good advice.

Bumping this raw footage of the crime scene that is the best I've seen yet (*video at quoted link).

Also adding a couple photos showing some items that are being taken away, not sure if the items were part of the property or not, but interesting to note. Jmo

IMO, looks like a seemingly transparent object (screen?) being carried away on the left
View attachment 151408

A chair
View attachment 151409
Photo source: Amber Alert issued: Deputies search for Wisconsin girl whose parents are dead
The chair looks like there is something like rope or tape remnants at the level of the seat.

ETA: and most definitely blood

View attachment 151408

A chair
View attachment 151409

Is that rope on the chair, at the corners?

View attachment 151408

A chair
View attachment 151409

RBBM

Yes, that may be a window screen. Back there, mosquitoes are fierce (insert jokes about mosquitoes being the "Wisconsin State Bird"), along with other bugs, so folks put screens over their windows to enjoy the warmer months.

View attachment 151408

A chair
View attachment 151409
That transparent object is glass. It is seen being taken out of the house in another video which I hadn't found again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23