GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the key things that came out today (IMO) are:
  • police found a pregnancy test box in Heather's apartment (but no test or applicator)
  • an unfired bullet was found in Heather's car
  • police observed a shotgun shell casing, opened bag of cement and some cleaning fluid near the Moorer's camper on their property on Dec. 20th
  • Tammy allowed police to enter her home and the camper to view/photograph on Dec. 20th but claimed she didn't have a key for the black truck (brand new vehicles come with multiple keys, often two with remotes and one valet key; hard to believe she who ruled the roost would not have access to at least one of the spares)
  • Jacob (friend of the eldest Moorer son) testified to physical changes in the Moorer house between when he was there last and after when police photographed it (new drapes, furniture moved, Tammy's computer vanished from the "home-schooling room", the security camera monitor in the bedroom was gone etc.)
  • Jacob was present in the Moorer house when Tammy made a veiled comment about Heather in reference to Sidney's new (and only) tattoo, which seems to have been acquired under duress and as a punishment.
is the bullet from HE's car and the casing found at Moorer's a match do we know?

The South Carolina woman on trial for allegedly abducting her husband’s lover reportedly forced her spouse to get her own name tattooed above his crotch as payback for cheating.

Jacob Melton, who was friends with one of the Moorers’ sons, testified Monday that Sidney got Tammy’s name tattooed on his lower waist when she learned about the extramarital affair.

“If you didn’t have that thing with that girl, this wouldn’t be happening,” Tammy allegedly told her husband, according to Melton’s testimony.

“Tammy barged into the conversation and proceeded to tell me how Heather was causing problems for her family, spreading rumors that she was pregnant by her husband and [said] to fire her,” Clark told the court.
https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/jilte...-hubby-get-her-name-tattooed-over-his-crotch/

OMG, hahahahahaha! Gotta love the NYP telling it like it is!

Thank you all - once again - for keeping up with this trial!

Now - what is the name of the guy from Sam's Club - the last witness? Didn't see his name anywhere. At least I don't think I saw it? No tweets regarding this witness & no time on "when" court starts today??

TIA! :)

Tuesday, Oct. 16th:
*Trial Continues (Day 7) (@ am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 19, 2013; never found) - Tammy Caison Moorer (41/now 45) charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (April 27, 2018) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
9/17/18 Update: South Carolina’s Supreme Court rejected an effort by Horry County prosecutors to move the cases of Sidney and Tammy Moorer under one judge. The decision seemingly paves the way for Tammy Moorer’s trial related to the kidnapping of Heather Elvis to move forward next week on 10/8. Defense filed motion for change of venue, but were denied.
Skipping Day 1 thru 5....
10/15/18 Update Day 6: State witnesses: Dennis Hart, was the kitchen manager at the TK. Jill Domogauer, a crime scene investigator with the HCPD. Lt. Peter Cestare with the HCPD, worked with Domogauer at crime scene. Jacob Melton is friends with Moorer's son Christian. A gentleman from Sam's Club re security system purchased by Moorers.

Now - what is the name of the guy from Sam's Club - the last witness? Didn't see his name anywhere. At least I don't think I saw it? No tweets regarding this witness & no time on "when" court starts today??

Hi Niner. I'm absolutely knackered and can't for the life of me remember the name of the guy from Sam's Club, ughh...sorry!! You're right, as far as the tweets go, they were far apart and very few inbetween. Seems to be the case mainly in the afternoon. :( No time given for court today either :( I'm just going to set my alarm for 2am again haha which is 9am in South Carolina, just to be on the safe side!

See you in approx. 5-6hrs!! :D

"Lt. Cestare also testified to seeing a security cameras inside and outside of the Moorer's home on December 20th. Bud Henry, an employee of Sam's Club testified to the Moorer's buying a DVR and cameras the very next day." BBM
Crime scene investigators testify on day 6 of Tammy Moorer's trial

Were the jury shown a pic of that tattoo? Can they use any of Tammy's FB posts in this trial? Wasn't there a post where she claimed SM gave Heather money at PTL?
Tammy was always so obsessive about appearances and now all her ugly secrets are being exposed. Unfortunately she will always be proud, self-righteous and unrepentant.:(

Were the jury shown a pic of that tattoo? Can they use any of Tammy's FB posts in this trial? Wasn't there a post where she claimed SM gave Heather money at PTL?
Tammy was always so obsessive about appearances and now all her ugly secrets are being exposed. Unfortunately she will always be proud, self-righteous and unrepentant.:(

They read one of Tammy's FB posts during the trial, the one about Heather being a "hoe" and the back seat sex, so maybe more will come out.

I was thinking the same thing. Why bring a guy from Sam's Club? Why parade these people in. Just go right to Tammy's texts to Heather and Tammy's Facebook posts about Heather and the Elvis' and everyone else she either threatened or lied to. Done. 30 years jail.

is the bullet from HE's car and the casing found at Moorer's a match do we know?

JMO
I am pretty certain those two dont match because of how they were described.
The one at the M's house was described as a shotgun shell casing which is an empty and already fired shotgun shell casing usually made of plastic and quite large compared to an "unfired bullet" described in the car which is usually a lead bullet inside its own metal casing.

Shotgun shell casings are usually 2 3/4 inches or 3 inches long and made of plastic. Photo of one below.

Empty Shell Casings Stock Photo & More Pictures of Cartridge | iStock

An unfired bullet on the other hand is usually in a metal casing and the bullet sticking out the end is usually made of lead. They are usually much smaller than a shotgun shell and that is why it was probably not noticed by HE in her vehicle.

9mm Bullet For A Gun Isolated On White Background Stock Photo & More Pictures of Bullet | iStock

With that said the only person that I know that HE also knew who liked guns was SM. He is the one with the infamous picture of his waist tattoo he was forced to get and he had a handgun in a holster on his waist while showing off his tattoo that the misses made him get. So maybe he took her out to a practice shooting range to shoot guns and carelessly dropped a bullet while in her car. Either that or someone else she knew went with her in her car.

Or maybe she herself had gotten a handgun for protection at some point and we were not made aware of that. Thats possible too.

Last edited:
Overview of yesterday:

A former kitchen manager at the Tilted Kilt testified that Moorer demanded that Elvis be fired from her job. 'She was a good employee, so I was not going to fire her,' Dennis Hart testified. Hart said Moorer called him and accused Elvis of spreading rumors that she was pregnant with her husband's baby. He also testified that after receiving the phone call, he noticed that Elvis would show up for work with a black eye. When asked what happened, Hart said Elvis had different explanations.

The jury also heard from Jacob Melton, a friend of one of the Moorers' sons. Melton testified that he overheard Tammy and Sidney Moorer having a conversation about a tattoo that Tammy forced Sidney to get near his waistline. 'If you didn’t have that thing with that girl, this wouldn’t be happening,' Tammy Moorer allegedly told her husband.

Woman who 'abducted husband's lover forced him to get her name tattooed above his crotch as payback' | Daily Mail Online

Is it possible that SM met HE at LB and gave her the pregnancy test which she then went back to her apartment to open/use in the hall bathroom which would be closest to the door? Then took the results with her to meet at PTL...

I went back and found a post I wrote a few years ago with a possible theory, but it involves more than just SM and TM. I wanna take time to look at it again with more info. we may know now, and see if it fits that she went back to her apartment to take the pregnancy test and it was still just TM and SM and nobody else.

This theory I wrote in bold was based on a great timeline Jersey Girl made. Here's the full text of my original post, copied and pasted:

---------------------------------------

OK peeps, using Jersey Girl's timeline, I came up with the following scenario. It involves at least 3 people, though. I won't speculate about who that is, but I think there are more than enough people to choose from as possibilities.

Let me know what you think. My comments/scenarios are in bold.

Nov 19: The M family left on a cross-country driving trip to Disneyland in California
Dec 4/5: Heather moved into the apartment with BW
Dec 11: The M family returned home from their trip to California [SM's cellphone has been off since just prior to returning from cross country driving trip to Disneyland] What was discussed and decided between the Moorers on that trip that would make it so that SM's phone would not be in use upon their return? Was the intent to keep it off until well after the commission of the crime? Was it because they had reconciled and together decided his phone will remain off so he can't possibly have contact with HE? Was the plan to, then, at some point get him a new phone/new number?

At some point after returning home from vacation they catch wind that HE might be pregnant. Probably through the TK grapevine. Just like Heather was like, "why now?? I've just moved on!" they too had that reaction..."why now? We just got our marriage back on track! Now she might be pregnant! We must make this go away." So they disable the module in the truck so their movements in the days prior to event are not tracked. They also keep SM's phone off and dismantle the security system at home for the same reasons.

HEATHER'S PHONE ACTIVITY, December 18:

After the purchase of the pregnancy test and cigar (which I cannot work out/see where the use of either comes into play here), SM swings by where he's been told HE now lives to see if he can scope the area out, see what the parking lot is like, make sure he knows where it is so he can tell the person who's actually going to do this dirty work.

1:35am incoming call (payphone) 298 seconds Heather doesn't know this is a pay phone and thinks it is SM's new phone number. He convinces her to meet him at LB "in an hour." Maybe he tells her he's working there. She's probably met him at some of his work places in the middle of the night before so this is logical. Maybe he told her about his new truck, maybe not, but he won't be driving it to meet her at LB, he tells her. He tells her what he will be driving. Or, does anyone he knows have a truck that looked like his old truck?
3 outgoing calls:
1:44 am (to Bri) 132 seconds She tells Bri she's going to sleep on it, but really she has agreed to meet SM "in an hour."
1:53-2:09 am 10 posts to HE Tumblr Passing Time
2:29 am (to payphone) 12 seconds -says that if someone answered it would have been short call Heather changed her mind and is not going to meet him. Calls the number she thinks is his new number to tell him this, but no answer.
2:30:15 am (to payphone) 4.8 seconds Same as above.

2:32 am to 2:41am phone is in motion She decides to go to LB since she can't reach him to tell him she's not coming. She doesn't want him to think she's standing him up when he's just told her he wants to get back with her.
2:32:57 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 13.8 seconds She tries the pay phone (thinking it's his new phone) on the way to LB to once again try to reach him and tell him she's not coming. Still no answer so she proceeds to LB.

2:42:14 am -2:56 am phone is located at Long Beard's Restaurant (N, NE corner of parking lot by the dumpster) 14 minutes at location- made 4 outgoing calls:
2:43 am Outgoing to (payphone) 7.2 seconds
2:43:36 am Outgoing (to payphone) 7 something
2:45 am (outgoing to payphone) .2 seconds
2:51 am (outgoing to payphone) 4.8 seconds All four of these outgoing calls were to try to find out why SM is not there, where is he, she's waiting for him. Again, she doesn't know she's calling a pay phone.

2:57-3:01:am No call activity during this time, phone only in motion, Long Beard's to HE's Apartment, turned around and went back towards Long Beard's) Heather gave up on SM showing up or reaching him and decided to go home. She is still in charge of her phone now. She heads home, and for whatever reason (not sure it's important), she changes her mind (again!) and heads back to give SM one more chance to meet her at LB.

~3:00 am SM's phone is turned on. [It has been turned off since just prior to December 11 upon return from Disneyland] Back at the compound, they are waiting for word that the job has been done. Who is waiting? TM? SM? Both? Someone else? I don't know, but they made sure his PHONE stayed home and on to "prove" it was pinging at home. At this point, they had no clue he'd been caught on camera at Walmart, at the pay phone, that HE had called BW, that Heather had called that payphone so many times.

3:01-3:15 am phone was located at LB Heather has arrived back at LB to wait for SM again.
3:04 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 1.8seconds HE trying to reach SM again to see where the heck he is.
3:05 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) Same as above. She's getting annoyed! But, finally "he" shows up in the vehicle he told her he'd be driving, but it is not the black truck. That truck is currently back at the compound. Two people are in this vehicle, they point a gun at HE, and one of them either takes her away in that vehicle or they strangle her to death there in the parking lot and toss her in the dumpster (and got lucky, and she's in a landfill somewhere).

3:16 am Phone in motion to apt - This is in Heather's car, but Heather is not the driver.
2 Outgoing calls
3:16 am (to SM cell) 7.8 seconds Heather no longer in control of her phone. Someone called from her phone and there was no answer, but it was not Heather. Maybe this person accidentally left their phone in the other vehicle and was like "Oh ****! I don't have a phone.....ok I guess I'll use Heather's.....yikes, this probably is not a good idea...." SM did not answer the first time because Heather wasn't supposed to be calling his phone! Damn it! Something went wrong.
3:17am (to SM cell) 249 seconds- 4 mins 9 seconds Whichever one of them did not drive off with Heather (if she was taken) gets in Heather's car. After SM had found Heather's apartment earlier in the evening and told this driver where it was, they had decided to leave her car there to make it look like she disappeared from her apartment. So, the driver calls SM's phone, at home, and gives him/Tammy an update that it's done and they are on the way to the apartment. While still on the phone with SM, they arrive at the apartment (I didn't write these last two paragraphs very well....kinda out of order but hopefully you understand).

Phone was in parking lot 3:20 am -3:24am Phone was NOT in motion, located at apartment parking lot while on phone with SM cell. Driver arrives at the complex. Sees it's a pretty nice complex and thinks there might be cameras, so maybe this is not such a good idea to leave the car here. Doesn't want to get caught on camera. Still on the phone with SM at this point, telling him (or TM) this. They think of a plan B. SM suggests PTL.

3:25-3:35 am Phone moved from Apt complex to PTL (no calls while in motion) Driver is on the way to PTL as they just discussed.
3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150 coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing SM or TM on the way to pick this person up from PTL (could be SM, could be TM, could be a third person)
3:37 am Phone located at PTL

4 outgoing calls to SM while phone at PTL - all of these calls were from the driver anxious to be picked up. If this was not TM or SM, but a hired hand, maybe they were panicking that they didn't have the right place, or that SM was going to leave them stranded with the car of a missing woman.
3:38:14 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:00 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39am: A security camera at a business D&S Siteworks 1.2 miles from Peachtree Landing recorded the Ford F150 heading toward the landing
3:39:46 am (1.8 seconds)
3:41:05 am (1.8 seconds)

3:42:27 am No further incoming or outgoing calls. No further location coordinates obtained. SM or TM arrives and says, "You are using her phone!? Give me that!" Chucks it into the lake.

3:45am: The security camera at D&S Siteworks recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing They all head back home or somewhere....

3:46am: The security camera at the same private residence recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing toward the M home

I was thinking the same thing. Why bring a guy from Sam's Club? Why parade these people in. Just go right to Tammy's texts to Heather and Tammy's Facebook posts about Heather and the Elvis' and everyone else she either threatened or lied to. Done. 30 years jail.

JMO
I agree and hope those posts will be coming still.

I wonder if the prosecution is building a foundation from eye witnesses that is proving her hatred toward HE and then when the posts come then the defense cannot really argue it could have been anyone else but TM posting those posts from her account. The foundation is being established that she had deep hatred and jealousy against HE.

more on yesterday:

Lt. Peter Cestare, a crime scene investigator, testified to going to the Moorer's home on December 20th 2013, two days after Heather's disappearance. He took photos of the Moorer home and testified he saw this in front of a camper on their property: "A shot gun shell casing, there is a bag of concrete mix, and off to the side up here is some sort of cleaning solution," said Lt. Cestare.

Lt. Cestare also testified to seeing security cameras inside and outside of the Moorer's home on December 20th. Bud Henry, an employee of Sam's Club testified to the Moorer's buying a DVR and cameras the very next day.

__

Jill Domogauer, a crime scene investigator testified she found Heather's id, social security card, bank card and a cosmetology license in her car, but she did not find Heather's car keys or cell phone.

Domogauer went to Heather's apartment which had no sign of forced entry. She found a pregnancy test box in the trash in the guest bathroom of her apartment.

Crime scene investigators testify on day 6 of Tammy Moorer's trial

Google searches. We all know how damning those can be - (and how worrying those of fellow WSers could appear, without context). I wonder if Tammy’s will be introduced? Surely there’s some record of what she googled, right?

Because I believe anyone with a modicum of intelligence - and she’s not a total idiot, given her ability to weave long-winded lies on the web and keep them all straight, she’s gotta have a few working brain cells - well, I think she’d have googled about the trucks log system (forget the name) or cell phone pings.

Can’t recall if Sidney’s were logged into evidence in his trial, but frankly this trial seems a bit more streamlined and organized than his did. So maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member